Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Crit Rate Nerf: Wrong Direction?

MJ12

If you wanted to make other weapons more viable in comparison with the Soma, it'd have been better to give the Soma a 1% proc chance. Right now, it's hilarious because of the 5% proc rate making it an okay elemental weapon.

A Soma with a 1% proc means it's got plenty of damage but not much utility, and in concert with a significant buff to proc rate mods (which is nigh-inevitable) it'd be 'balanced'. There'd be things Supras/Gorgons could do significantly better than it (lock down entire crowds with elemental effects) at the cost of lower accuracy and damage.

Right now, the Soma's still incredibly strong and probably "OP" (mainly because automatic rifles generally kind of suck, just like sniper rifles), it's just unreliable, and OP but unreliable is even worse than OP period. OP but unreliable means people will use it anyways, but complain about its lack of reliability.

Why move the Soma up to MR 6 (which took me about 110 hours of play to get) only to nerf it now?

Dump the proc chance to 1%, up the crit rate back up to 35%

MR6 weapons should be allowed to be much, much better than lower-ranked weapons. MR hardly falls from trees, after all.

Here is the problem

Even at MR6, the Soma is still much better than the rest of the armory at MR6 and above.

It does more damage than ignis at anything longer than short range.

It does more damage more versatile on enemy type, more range  than flux rile (proc change doesn't even matter given both weapons's high RoF)

It does more damage AND more range than Synapse.

Sorry, but Soma is still the master gun even post 2.0. Opposing what damage 2.0 is suppose to do (getting rid of the "one gun fits all" weapon system)

and that, has to change.

Why move the Soma up to MR 6 (which took me about 110 hours of play to get) only to nerf it now?

Dump the proc chance to 1%, up the crit rate back up to 35%

MR6 weapons should be allowed to be much, much better than lower-ranked weapons. MR hardly falls from trees, after all.

Edited by Innosin

Here is the problem

Even at MR6, the Soma is still much better than the rest of the armory at MR6 and above.

It does more damage than ignis at anything longer than short range.

It does more damage more versatile on enemy type, more range  than flux rile (proc change doesn't even matter given both weapons's high RoF)

It does more damage AND more range than Synapse.

Sorry, but Soma is still the master gun even post 2.0. Opposing what damage 2.0 is suppose to do (getting rid of the "one gun fits all" weapon system)

and that, has to change.

So make it bad at elemental procs. There, it's no longer one-size fits all, it wasn't ever nerfed, and everyone is happy.

The Soma’s current damage output is still stupidly high compare to its MR6 competitions.

It’s crit chance of 25, crit damage of 300% still allow it to outperform weapons of its same rank.

It’s also a gun that is highly moddable and versatile to go against most enemy types, since all other MR6 rifles has singular or element stats.

The only way I can see to make the playground a bit more fair is to keep its current crit, but take away it’s element proc rate completely, yes, completely, I mean ZERO PERCENT. So it’s a gun that is high damage against most types of mobs, but has no element proc to help with CC or utility other than shooting enemy to death.

But even with that, the Soma may still be preferred by most players, since CC can be done by choosing the right warframe/teammate’s abilities.

So make it bad at elemental procs. There, it's no longer one-size fits all, it wasn't ever nerfed, and everyone is happy.

Soma has needed nerfed to the ground ever since it was added. It made every other automatic rifle in to a sad joke. Update 11 has balanced that out some, but still not enough in my opinion. It really needs it's niche clarified and defined. I vote for something half way between the Latron and the Braton.

Well there was never a need for a nerf to Soma's crit rate. Crit multiplier nerf to 2x would put a sock in nerf herders' mouths but Soma has to be a rifle that crits consistently. That's a unique mechanic as it is the only automatic rifle in the game that can do so. I don't want DE to treat it like Acrid and Horid and just make it a boring S#&$ like the rest

Edited by WhisperByte