Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to equip Terminal Velocity in Latron weapon series

Franch

The Latron weapon series cannot equip Terminal Velocity, but the Latron Incarnon is a projectile weapon. The Quellor is a hitscan weapon which has a projectile alt-fire and it can equip the mod, so this seems to be an oversight.

• Like 1

Was wondering about this as well. Is it intentional? Seems like an oversight, especially taking into account that Lato Vandal can equip Lethal Momentum, the equivalent pistol mod, even with an Incarnon Adapter installed.

Edited by Interminative

3 hours ago, Franch said:

The Latron weapon series cannot equip Terminal Velocity, but the Latron Incarnon is a projectile weapon. The Quellor is a hitscan weapon which has a projectile alt-fire and it can equip the mod, so this seems to be an oversight.

As you said, the Quellor alt-fire is not hit-scan, that's why Terminal velocity can be equipped on it.

Terminal velocity would do absolutely nothing for the Latron since it is hit-scan, so I don't think this is a bug.

2 hours ago, Interminative said:

Was wondering about this as well. Is it intentional? Seems like an oversight, especially taking into account that Lato Vandal can equip Lethal Momentum, the equivalent pistol mod, even with an Incarnon Adapter installed.

That sounds like a bug. Lato is hit-scan, so I'd be surprised if Lethal momentum has any effect at all.

12 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

As you said, the Quellor alt-fire is not hit-scan, that's why Terminal velocity can be equipped on it.

Terminal velocity would do absolutely nothing for the Latron since it is hit-scan, so I don't think this is a bug.

That sounds like a bug. Lato is hit-scan, so I'd be surprised if Lethal momentum has any effect at all.

While Latron is hitscan, the projectiles from its Incarnon form are not. Hence the desire to apply the mod. Additionally, Projectile Speed also increases falloff range, which in the case of Lato’s Incarnon fire seems to increase the radius of the spread damage.

Edited by Interminative

Braton can't equip the projectile speed mod either, even though its incarnon upgrade uses non-hitscan projectiles. If incarnon Lato can use it, I figure DE probably meant for all applicable incarnon genesis weapons to be able to do so, but missed a couple.

On 2023-05-02 at 5:31 PM, Interminative said:

Projectile Speed also increases falloff range, which in the case of Lato’s Incarnon fire seems to increase the radius of the spread damage.

It affects falloff on Shotguns and "wave" type shots and stuff,
but it shouldn't do anything like that for radial blasts.

How did you come to the conclusion it works like that in this case?
Did you use Jet Stream and see a significant difference in the AoE damage?

Using +Projectile Speed Mods on other AoE weapons certainly doesn't show any effect on the radial falloff in the Arsenal stats.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-05-07 at 3:19 AM, NinjaZeku said:

It affects falloff on Shotguns and "wave" type shots and stuff,
but it shouldn't do anything like that for radial blasts.

How did you come to the conclusion it works like that in this case?
Did you use Jet Stream and see a significant difference in the AoE damage?

Using +Projectile Speed Mods on other AoE weapons certainly doesn't show any effect on the radial falloff in the Arsenal stats.

I have no idea about Lato, but Jet Stream does affect Latron Incarnon projectiles, which is releveant to this topic.

9 hours ago, Franch said:

I have no idea about Lato, but Jet Stream does affect Latron Incarnon projectiles, which is releveant to this topic.

Uh ... sure, but I kinda wasn't addressing you / that issue at all,
I was responding to someone claiming that the Blast Radius falloff is affected by Flight Speed
which is something I would've never connected nor can find any mention of being connected on the Wiki or anywhere else.