Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove elevators and double doors ASAP

MaxTunnerX

These hideous things have been ruining our gameplay for way too long. Just now I got friggin 4 elevators in corpus exterminate missions, and not the ones you can just fly around. As for double doors, I no longer do rescue missions with public matchmaking (except for that one map that lets me skip them). Solo mode is the only playable rescue mode just because of the damn double doors. Get all the elevators and double doors removed so we can finally have proper gameplay. Its way too soul sucking to wait for nothing, especially in speedrun missions like rescue and exterminate.

Eh, Rescue and Exterminate aren't intended to be speedrun missions. I don't think any of them are, and in those instances, you're better off running Capture if you really want to speedrun.

I think Exterminate is as fine as it is, but Rescue is probably due a rework.

Can't really speak on behalf of Elevators (and DE did address them by removing them from Corpus Ship tilesets and assumingly that'll be the plan for future tileset reworks)

but Friendship Doors as I like to call them, are intended to stop you leaving your squad behind which can get either them, or you killed without being able to help each other in time. I guess an argument could be made in favor of removing them from Solo missions, but I don't consider them a huge issue since you can just press a button and bingo, problem is solved.

I think they're fine being kept for Rescue though, since Wardens aren't spawned until the door is opened. More so in Sorties where the alarms are triggered the moment the doors are opened. Lua is probably the worst example yet oddly enough that one just requires a hack, not a friendship door.

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Can't really speak on behalf of Elevators (and DE did address them by removing them from Corpus Ship tilesets and assumingly that'll be the plan for future tileset reworks)

They're being used more selectively and they also seem to have made the doors stay unlocked if it's been lowered. So that means if you lower an elevator on Corpus Ship now (spy vaults use them) or something like at the beginning of a Jupiter mission, players who didn't ride the elevator can still pass through the doors or bullet-jump up the shaft now. Even some of the elevators in Void missions work like that if they've been lowered.

18 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Eh, Rescue and Exterminate aren't intended to be speedrun missions. I don't think any of them are, and in those instances, you're better off running Capture if you really want to speedrun.

I think Exterminate is as fine as it is, but Rescue is probably due a rework.

but Friendship Doors as I like to call them, are intended to stop you leaving your squad behind which can get either them, or you killed without being able to help each other in time. I guess an argument could be made in favor of removing them from Solo missions, but I don't consider them a huge issue since you can just press a button and bingo, problem is solved.

I think they're fine being kept for Rescue though, since Wardens aren't spawned until the door is opened. More so in Sorties where the alarms are triggered the moment the doors are opened. Lua is probably the worst example yet oddly enough that one just requires a hack, not a friendship door.

Bro wake up. DE know double doors are useless, because the first moment they got their hands on rework of corpus maps, they made it so you can bypass the double door on one corpus tileset by going underneath it using a vent. A vent thats intentionally there so you can do that. What I want is for them to finally make the others like that or get rid of them altogether. Also they already dont work in singleplayer so lets just tweak them a bit so they dont work in multiplayer either if they dont want to physically remove them in the map file or whatever.

Besides, its usually the good players that go ahead and bad players that drag their feet making everyone wait, so there is no risk of someone going ahead ruining the missions for others, but there is 100% risk of someone ruining the missions time by going snail mode, sometimes not even bullet jumping.

1 minute ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Bro wake up. DE know double doors are useless, because the first moment they got their hands on rework of corpus maps, they made it so you can bypass the double door on one corpus tileset by going underneath it using a vent. A vent thats intentionally there so you can do that. What I want is for them to finally make the others like that or get rid of them altogether.

DE has...neglected a LOT of bugs on the Deadlock Protocal. I hope they finally get around to addressing them all in a patch because there's still plenty of Day 1 issues that aren't resolved, like you've mentioned.

The double click doors are called "DOOR OF FRIENDSHIP" : it's against "Tenno SKOOM" who rush the map without waiting for team mates.

Counter prop : [DE] please, add a Door of Friendship after each elevator like in corpus early maps must be propagate (except spy room).

Counter prop II : [DE] please, add a Door of Friendship inside void mission and in all future rework.

The elevators are an early evolution for non-planar map and an elevator's cage without elevators was a pain for some (new) players so [DE] already remove most of them.

I did like the no-elevator-walk-your-asset-up-there-yourself because there was a few hidden room ^^

I'd love to have tubular elevators like in relay or railjack's one with a ultra-cool useless animation... followed by a door of friendship.

I perfectly know what some players are thinking of me now : "Rhue, gar Tenno son-of-a-gutora!", spare me such answer ^^

Also the answer of what if a player is AFK was NEVER a problem :

• Behind your PC there is a cable knowed as ETHERNET RJ45, 10s out is enough
  • For Lazy player like me there is a thing called Firewall / Options / Block All / ... wait 10s Options / mode secured

Archived