Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense needs to be reworked.

Goldbar_

I'm sick of wasting time on boring missions, especially defense and it has made me come here to give a feedback.

My suggestion is lowering waves per reward to 2 or 3.

5-wave is unnecessarily too many and it causes boredom.

This will get more serious when it gets to SP circuit, it takes nearly 10 minutes to complete ONE defense mission.

Who would want to waste 10 minutes to get only 3 intrinsic and 100 circuit progress?

People don't even think about doing defense mission for void fissure, neither do I.

I hope to hear your affirmative response.

I would love to see Defense made a better experience.

11 minutes ago, Goldbar_ said:

People don't even think about doing defense mission for void fissure, neither do I.

but when it comes to cracking cabbages, I'd much rather do Defense than Interception or Excavation.

This mission mode has gotten so stale that i'm certain i'm not the only one who has a dedicated speedva build loadout slot for it

Worst is when several enemies get stuck somewhere on multi-floor levels and then of course you have to scoop them out one by one

What if...

What if it wasn't just a thing or a person we're defending, but a building containing it?

And then, what if the enemy forces had ways of trying to get inside the building to damage or take your objective, while having dedicated troops to occupy your attention outside - such as heavy vehicles designed to punch holes in buildings? And from there, the Tenno would have to shore up the building between waves?

19 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

What if...

What if it wasn't just a thing or a person we're defending, but a building containing it?

And then, what if the enemy forces had ways of trying to get inside the building to damage or take your objective, while having dedicated troops to occupy your attention outside - such as heavy vehicles designed to punch holes in buildings? And from there, the Tenno would have to shore up the building between waves?

This is what railjack defense should be IMO! Just to throw some of my thoughts down:

VARIANT 1:

• The defense target would be inside a ship, and enemy crewships would spawn outside and continually bombard the ship with ramsleds (which, if they meet the ship, will "spawn" some troops indoors).
  • Each crewship has a set amount of ramsleds associated with them, and running out of ramsleds causes the crewship to retreat.
  • Destroying a crewship would destroy all of its remaining ramsleds, and the round ends once the indoors troops are gone and enemy ramsleds are depleted.
    • Essentially, players can choose to fight entirely indoors (traditional), entirely outdoors (faster but riskier), or a combination of the two in order to complete the round.

VARIANT 2 (multiplayer only):

• Same as variant 1, except:
    • The ship containing the defense target also has a health bar, and either the target or the ship's health reaching 0 will cause mission failure
    • The crewships, on top of spawning ramsleds, will also attack the defense target's ship directly
    • Enemy fighters will also spawn in order to deal chip damage to the defense target's ship
      • The round ends once indoor troops, ramsleds, crewships, and enemy fighters are completely depleted
    • Essentially, players will need to divide their attention between indoor and outdoor combat, which is why this would be multiplayer only

VARIANT 3 (defense/rescue hybrid):

• Same as variant 2, except:
    • The "defense target" is first extracted from an enemy ship via Rescue mission
    • The defense phase begins upon safely returning them to the railjack. 
      • Returning them to the railjack would involve the player physically carrying the target via Archwing (since railjacks don't seem to have any method of docking to enemy ships). Archwings canonically provide life support, so the defense target being in space without any additional equipment is still lore friendly!
    • Can be done in single player, since both space combat and indoor combat can be performed from the railjack.

4 minutes ago, shut said:

(snip)

Excellent points and idea, all. 

The addition of Railjack alone has the potential of making Defense much, much more interesting.  Like... what if you had to transport the objective on your Railjack to another ship between Defense waves?

Archived