Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving Warframe (with style)

TheGreatNicolas

Hello tennos!

I just finished my bachelor thesis yesterday and I wanted to somehow turn off my brain, so after a long long time (like three months) i opened Warframe to check out the new update. And it got me thinking.

Last three, maybe four years, i'v been playing less and less of warframe. I always checked in for the new content, played a bit and then shut it down for a long time until something new came along. I lost track with all the new warframes, lore and mechanics, which i used to be sooo invested when i was in highschool. I'm playing this game for about 10 years now. But the enjoyment from playing games just faded away, as it's probably normal with growing up. Sadly. I remember those sweet glory days of playing this magnificent master piece.

Everytime I come back, I feel the gap between me and Warframe drifting further apart. Like I'm coming back just because I should. To not really end it. But what if I should? After all, everything has an end. 

I don't want my path to end with just a forgotten account, that was once disconnected with the thought of coming back some time again, but that time was lost forever. Like your Steam friend, texting you "yea, see you tommorow for another game". That message was 1200 days ago. And he never came back. Like an unfulfilled wish. Like an unspoken feeling.

I want to leave somehow with style. Like with a big finale at the end. And you know what, not even big. Just something to mark my end. I have tons of primed parts and stuff and i also have like 500p. I don't want that to go to waste.

SO, im asking you guys. Do you think there is anything significant (but not that time consuming haha) i could do to mark my final act and shut warframe down, forever?

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatNicolas said:

Hello tennos!

I just finished my bachelor thesis yesterday and I wanted to somehow turn off my brain, so after a long long time (like three months) i opened Warframe to check out the new update. And it got me thinking.

Last three, maybe four years, i'v been playing less and less of warframe. I always checked in for the new content, played a bit and then shut it down for a long time until something new came along. I lost track with all the new warframes, lore and mechanics, which i used to be sooo invested when i was in highschool. I'm playing this game for about 10 years now. But the enjoyment from playing games just faded away, as it's probably normal with growing up. Sadly. I remember those sweet glory days of playing this magnificent master piece.

Everytime I come back, I feel the gap between me and Warframe drifting further apart. Like I'm coming back just because I should. To not really end it. But what if I should? After all, everything has an end. 

I don't want my path to end with just a forgotten account, that was once disconnected with the thought of coming back some time again, but that time was lost forever. Like your Steam friend, texting you "yea, see you tommorow for another game". That message was 1200 days ago. And he never came back. Like an unfulfilled wish. Like an unspoken feeling.

I want to leave somehow with style. Like with a big finale at the end. And you know what, not even big. Just something to mark my end. I have tons of primed parts and stuff and i also have like 500p. I don't want that to go to waste.

SO, im asking you guys. Do you think there is anything significant (but not that time consuming haha) i could do to mark my final act and shut warframe down, forever?

Thanks!

You endured more than enough. Please, take a break for a while on this game. I understand this game is changed a lot recently.

I look forward to hearing good news after your graduation and finding a job. 
I am so happy to read this as I am a Ph.D. student.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sporthand said:

You endured more than enough. Please, take a break for a while on this game. I understand this game is changed a lot recently.

I look forward to hearing good news after your graduation and finding a job. 
I am so happy to read this as I am a Ph.D. student.

thanks! <3 yea, it changed a lot and it doesn't have the same appeal to me as it used to, which is normal i think

10 hours ago, vanaukas said:

This is a live service game and it's always moving forward, even if you gift all your stuff you won't be remembered at all. Just stop playing if that's your wish.

I don't need to be remembered. I just want something small, only for me. 

55 minutes ago, TheGreatNicolas said:

I don't need to be remembered. I just want something small, only for me. 

Give away your stuff then, it'll probably help someone else to have the great time you had in the past.

First of all, Congrats on the Bachelor Thesis and good luck with what the future holds, however, Don't get me wrong, a few people might jump on the "Free Stuff" situation, but WF isn't going to be going away anytime soon, at least so far. So even if you do leave for a few years, you will still be able to play WF, so I'd hold onto the items you own, in case you ever decide to come back.

I know you did say that you feel disconnected from the game but you never know if you'll come back or not. So I strongly suggest you stick around. If by chance you do want to give up your Plat, then, sure I suppose I'll be happy to take it, but I'll still feel kinda scummy that I took something for free like that (and you can never be too careful with Trades like that).

But at the end of the day, its all your choice, what you do with your Prime parts (Or plat) is up to you, if you do wish to Gift Items or so, then honestly, the only thing I really would like is Froma & Warframe/Weapon Adapters, but since I am a Vet, it may be best to go somewhere who might need it more.

Regardless of your choice, if you do decide to Gift, I'll surely be thankful

Edit: Do keep in mind, please let me know before hand, as I have non-friend gifting disabled (for obvious reasons)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi