The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr helminth

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Her 2 and 4 seem redundant. Both group and both damage. I think 4 seems better, more universal. Less input with independence and duration.

So I'd like to helminth over the 2 

Any suggestions? Im not super familiar with all the frames and abilities but have many subsumed. Was thinking Gara spectro with the Gara augment mod to drop energy but does Zephyr need energy? Or is that more useful for squad mates?

Edit: forgot to mention i have the molt efficiency arcane which generates energy IIRC. But I guess since I'm mentioning is there a pair of arcanes that work well with zephyr? I am using molt Augmened and molt efficiency currently.

3 answers to this question

I can't really think of one.

Not to try to convince you otherwise, just i view Airburst and Tornado as purposefully different, with some similarities, sure, but ehh. One costs 100 Energy and is big on DPS potential, and longer CC. The other can have more utility, costs far less energy, especially if you do it whilst in the air, can drag new enemies to your tornados, which is great synergy, and it also works on boxes, and can be a decent box breaker/good for collecting loot everywhere. As it also bypasses walls, objects etc (so if you are in a tileset with walls, doors etc that have crates, Airburst will help out greatly as far as getting loot. Especially with its much lower energy cost, letting you spam it and usually getting energy back in return, since it can hit so many crates/boxes. Also has a great augment,  Airburst Rounds, but can also be better for melee builds (brings them to one place on the ground). 

Maybe Roar? Except Tornado is so good, you don't really need more DPS. Her 3 is great for Survival. She can kill enemies so fast, you shouldn't run out of energy. Spectrosiphon would ironically work better with the 2, as you can better control and pull enemies into that ring directly. Maybe one of the other Energy efficient powers?

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Her 2 and 4 seem redundant. Both group and both damage. I think 4 seems better, more universal. Less input with independence and duration.

4 has a fixed range, while 2 benefits from range mods and costs 25% as much energy (when cast in the air). 2 is also a faster cast, and a one-handed action.

Typically as Zephyr you'll want to put down stationary Tornadoes and pull enemies into them with Airburst. I do not recommend removing 2, but if you have to there are 3 good options:

Silence. Since you are protected from gun fire, Silence will ensure your survival by protecting you from abilities. Energized Munitions. Very good with certain guns, doesn't need strength (Zephyr usually has 40% abiltiy strength). Ice Wave with the augment. Does not need strength and offers CC that works against Demolysts.

Archived