Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Aggravated by K-Drive

dendroaspis84

Question

K-Drive or whatever is that, I have zero interest in that, but somewhere devs decided to make it as a mandatory quest and I'm really struggling with it and stuck. I can't do it and apparently I can't do other quests unless I do this stupid quest "The WaveRider". I don't know what to do. I hate this riding thing and all those tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck at page 2 already, where I need to earn 2400 points in k-drive race. Should I completely abandon this game because I can't advance furthermore or just abandon this stupid quest?

• Like 2

You don't have to do this quest to continue with other ones--It's a warframe quest, not a main one. Not doing it just means not getting that warframe (until they come out with a prime version anyway!)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, iotajot said:

You don't have to do this quest to continue with other ones--It's a warframe quest, not a main one. Not doing it just means not getting that warframe (until they come out with a prime version anyway!)

I just went to Codex and cleared the active quest, but when I go to navigation, I see that particular quest still to do. I still have 8 more quests to do, but I can't choose them until I do this stupid quest. I'm very frustrated. I don't know why Warframe devs are so obsessed with those combos with keys. They want you to click this button and that button and this button again and etc... And they make it mandatory.

Edited by dendroaspis84

12 minutes ago, iotajot said:

The quest will hang out in your codex forever, but it isn't manadatory (I haven't done it...) Maybe there's another prerequisite that's stopping you from doing the other quests?

I don't know. Other quests aren't visible in quest menu :(

2 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

K-Drive or whatever is that, I have zero interest in that, but somewhere devs decided to make it as a mandatory quest and I'm really struggling with it and stuck. I can't do it and apparently I can't do other quests unless I do this stupid quest "The WaveRider". I don't know what to do. I hate this riding thing and all those tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck at page 2 already, where I need to earn 2400 points in k-drive race. Should I completely abandon this game because I can't advance furthermore or just abandon this stupid quest?

There is an easy way to cheese the waverider and you can watch it on Youtube. It takes only a couple of minutes to do literally any amount of points that way. Also like someone said, you dont have to do the quest, you can just buy the frame from market. The price is a scam but if u dont want to do the quest and still want to have the frame, you have no other choice. And not even prime will help you because only normal frames count for helminth.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

7 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

when I go to navigation, I see that particular quest still to do. I still have 8 more quests to do, but I can't choose them until I do this stupid quest. I'm very frustrated

I did waverider last. So that makes no sense. Not sure what's up but it's easy. Just go find Roky and do a race. If you complete it, you're guaranteed to get more than 2400 points. Not a big deal. No tricks needed. And the Warframe, yareli, is a wrecking ball (with formas of course). Fun frame. She's love or hate. I love her.

8 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

There is an easy way to cheese the waverider and you can watch it on Youtube. It takes only a couple of minutes to do literally any amount of points that way. Also like someone said, you dont have to do the quest, you can just buy the frame from market. The price is a scam but if u dont want to do the quest and still want to have the frame, you have no other choice. And not even prime will help you because only normal frames count for helminth.

I checked Youtube and they make it easy to look, but I have hard time to do those spins and tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck on Page 2, where I need to get 2400 points in K-Drive race. And by the way where are keys for actions in options for K-Drive? I can't find them and I don't know which buttons to press to do those tricks, I forgot. And like I said, I can't do other quests. Let me show you how it looks in game for me:

tnfwBW4.jpg

CFs3OQj.jpg

TWQ4Xat.jpg

See, in first screenshot? I can't even see other quests until I do this one... Argh..

Edited by dendroaspis84

1 hour ago, iotajot said:

You can start Apostasy Prologue by interacting with the glowing ball in your personal quarters--I think it's near the window. Then you can do The Sacrifice, etc.

What glowing ball in my personal quarters? Can you show me screenshot where exactly?

Edited by dendroaspis84

2 hours ago, dendroaspis84 said:

I checked Youtube and they make it easy to look, but I have hard time to do those spins and tricks, I'm not good at that. I'm stuck on Page 2, where I need to get 2400 points in K-Drive race. And by the way where are keys for actions in options for K-Drive? I can't find them and I don't know which buttons to press to do those tricks, I forgot. And like I said, I can't do other quests. Let me show you how it looks in game for me:

Keys should be in a section of controls, otherwise just mash all button you know and remember what they do. As for the phase youre stuck in, that screenshot didnt help at all, you need to give me the list of feats you actually have to do in order for me to help you.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

6 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Keys should be in a section of controls, otherwise just mash all button you know and remember what they do. As for the phase youre stuck in, that screenshot didnt help at all, you need to give me the list of feats you actually have to do in order for me to help you.

I will. Just tell me where's that list of feats.

5 minutes ago, dendroaspis84 said:

I will. Just tell me where's that list of feats.

I think its in the comic or in the challenges tab in orb vallis (while playing). Anyway, I managed to find it on wiki and also there are all the keys you asked for, so check it out: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Waverider

Also when I was doing the quest I was always happy to see the race score thing there because that was the easiest thing to do haha, you just do a race and win it, thats all.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dendroaspis84 said:

What glowing ball in my personal quarters? Can you show me screenshot where exactly?

You aren't even close to that point. I can see you haven't done the Second Dream yet, which opens up with the Neptune junction and has the quests Natah and Stolen Dreams as requirement.

Waverider isn't a required quest and can be safely ignored. The only thing you get from it is the Yareli blueprint. It doesn't open up any progression.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

You aren't even close to that point. I can see you haven't done the Second Dream yet, which opens up with the Neptune junction and has the quests Natah and Stolen Dreams as requirement.

Waverider isn't a required quest and can be safely ignored. The only thing you get from it is the Yareli blueprint. It doesn't open up any progression.

Okay, I'll do Neptune Junction and see if it unlocks that quest (hope so). Will update this thread later.

18 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I think its in the comic or in the challenges tab in orb vallis (while playing). Anyway, I managed to find it on wiki and also there are all the keys you asked for, so check it out: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Waverider

Also when I was doing the quest I was always happy to see the race score thing there because that was the easiest thing to do haha, you just do a race and win it, thats all.

Thank you so much :)

1 hour ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

I just checked that I already have completed Neptune junction, but I still can't do Second Dream or any quest. All I see is this WaveRider quest or whatever is that...

xD1AI2Z.jpg

2 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

I did the quest by getting a real K-drive you can mod, especially using the increase in jump height ones. From there it was easy. Trade some stuff and get one, it’s worth it. Also what everyone else is saying, do it later on.

Okay, can you tell where to get better K-drive?

Actually I did where I was stuck and now I'm on 3rd page, but now I'm stuck at "50 point Backside Skyrocker x 5". Will see if I can do it... So far I'm failing...

57 minutes ago, dendroaspis84 said:

I just checked that I already have completed Neptune junction, but I still can't do Second Dream or any quest.

Hmm, I see you actually completed the Natah quest, which is the last pre-requisite for the Second Dream. The main quest line is:

Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange • Natah • The Second Dream

Did you do all of the quests on this list that precede The Second Dream? Did you check your inbox?

Edited by TurjanMi.ir

9 minutes ago, TurjanMi.ir said:

Hmm, I see you actually completed the Natah quest, which is the last pre-requisite for the Second Dream. The main quest line is:

Awakening • Vor's Prize • Once Awake • The Archwing • Stolen Dreams • The New Strange • Natah • The Second Dream

Did you do all of the quests on this list that precede The Second Dream? Did you check your inbox?

Yes, I completed all of those quests.

Now, I'm trying to do this "50 point Backside Skyrocker x 5", and it's super hard. I did only one accidentally.

8 minutes ago, dendroaspis84 said:

Yes, I completed all of those quests.

Now do the junction. The pic you posted doesn't show that you have actually done it yet. You just fulfilled all the necessary steps to be able to try it.

Regarding the Waverider quest, I have no input, as it's unnecessary and I have never done it.

Edited by TurjanMi.ir