Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add options to decline host migration

beol

1. Add an option: Always extract with host. 

You know there's always that one guy who leaves after the first round, but the other 3 can handle it find without him. Oppse, you forgot to check, and he was host. Enjoy your host migration (and all the associated bug risks)

Do you check who is host the very first thing in SO, and always make sure he goes through the portal before you do? I do, because so few people say when they're leaving, and I don't want host migration. Of course, that one time you don't see him and just assume he went through, nope, he was hiding in a corner. Enjoy your host migration, and all the associated bug risks.

You know how even if you're waiting in the elevator on the Zariman with the host, and he leaves squad to extract immediately, you get host migrated and get to wait all over again on your own? With, you guessed it, all the associated bug risks.  Today I host migrated in the Zariman into a statue version of my warframe with a frozen timer. Had to kill the client. 

I never want any of these to happen. When the host extracts, I want to leave too. Every time. Not everyone agrees, so make it an option.

2. Add an option: Decline all host migrations in orbiter. 

When the host leaves group in the orbiter, do I want to host migrate? No, of course not, I want to drop out of the group entirely. Before you say, that's technically host migration (and you might be technically right .. the best kind of right .. if you want to be "that guy"), remember that when you leave group in the orbiter as a non-host, it's seamless with no "host migration" message/lag. 

When the host leaves group in the orbiter, do I want one or two other people "joining" my group afterwards (having suffered through said host migration) .. no, of course I don't. If I'm a jerk and don't wait for them to drop first, they might get 2 host migrations. I bet they love that. I think that's how it works, anyway. I might be wrong. 

Not everyone will agree, so make it an option. 

• Like 2

How about if it were like the twitch raids. It defaults to putting you in the pile to jump to someone else when a stream is ending, but you can click and opt out if you want. Even better if that option would come up any time the host was leaving but there was also an option you could set the default to staying or leaving.

5 hours ago, beol said:

Of course, that one time you don't see him and just assume he went through, nope, he was hiding in a corner.

I agree with pretty much all the stuff you wrote. I am quoting this part because I have (sort of) an extremely hacky workaround for you!

If you run Vazarin in SO with the central node max rank, the affinity range boost is generally enough to cover the entire SO tile. (Which is nice for purposes of gaining affinity on anything you're leveling in there.) As a result, you can see the affinity icon in the party list next to anyone in the same tile as you. If they don't have the icon, it's like a 99% chance they've gone through the portal.

...I may rely on this method specifically to avoid Host Migraine-tions.

• Like 1

I think for the game to really be better, DE needs to apply the "Decree saving progress" tech to the entire game, no exceptions. Every mode, every mission, everything from Railjack to Vor's Prize. You reached a rotation? Progress is cached. You are in the Index? Cached. Bounty Stage reached? Cached. Circuit stages? Cached.

Is that extra load on servers? Probably, but DE is making extra money compared to 2013, and while businesses are businesses, capitalistic optimization at the expense of a product is annoying to deal with from the other end of the stick. 

The option you proposed is great OP, but it's part of a larger issue with dated matchmaking issues that are solved in small corners of the game, but not in the game as a whole.

• Like 3