Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon hunts should rotate faster

RethPo

Probably three times faster so youd fight all three archons within a week and heres why.

The only way to get tauforged shards is to get it by chance in an archon hunt. DE did add the pity system which means you wont have players who have pretty much no shards from endless grinding from bad luck, but even with the pity system the grind takes forever.

Suppose you have a build where you wanna have 4 crimson shards. Its a mained frame so youd rather them be tauforged. If you have the void align in your favour and get all 4 shards at 20% chance, it would take you 12 weeks or 3 months to get them. Getting them at 40% average would be 6 months etc. And for anybody unlucky enough to get them all at 100%, thatd take you 60 weeks or a year and 1/4 to get all of them.

Its not even like its a grind that keeps you playing like most farming or one that tests your skill. You literally just have to wait for nearly a month to test your luck again and youll likely die of old age before you can get tau for all your frames (no seriously, 2 of the same tau shard for 52 frames at max luck would take 312 weeks or six years! 30 years for mister unlucky). So the ways to fix it?

-The first suggestion would be to have a blueprint from chipper that lets you turn a couple normal ones into tauforged but thats likely been suggested a lot by now and i dont know if DE wants to go through with that or not yet, though i think they should.

-The other suggestion though would to be make them rotate 3 times faster (or even daily would be good as well). That way king from one punch man who gets em all at 20% will only take 1 month to get their shards. And sad larry who got them all at 100% will take 20 weeks or 5 months which is still way better than before at maximum bad luck.

Oh, right. I mean thats great if you can get a hold of a player who has a high chance or get lucky enough to join a lucky squad.

But even so, 3 months 4 tau shards, or even 6 weeks to just get 4 normal same type ones is a crazy wait. So i really dont see why they couldnt rotate faster.

17 hours ago, Grimm said:

find someone with a higher chance of getting it then you. when tau forge is rolled all clients get it. so play with someone with high chance already.

No, that's not how it works.

19 hours ago, RethPo said:

The only way to get tauforged shards is to get it by chance in an archon hunt

Rather than going down a convoluted path of more archon hunts per week, perhaps simply make Tau forged guaranteed from the archon hunt.

Chipper for normal shards, archon hunt for Tau forged.

3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Rather than going down a convoluted path of more archon hunts per week, perhaps simply make Tau forged guaranteed from the archon hunt.

Chipper for normal shards, archon hunt for Tau forged.

That sounds like a good alternative. At least we have the mercy system. Though, from squad chat, it seems like 100% didn't gurantee a squad member their tauforged last time the snake was up. Next time, they'll be at 120% chance for tauforged amber.

20 hours ago, Grimm said:

find someone with a higher chance of getting it then you. when tau forge is rolled all clients get it. so play with someone with high chance already.

This isn't how it works. Each player has their own percentage, not tied to anyone else. Next time the snake comes around, I'll have 100% chance, but that by no means guarantees that anyone in the party will get it.

On 2023-05-29 at 9:49 AM, VladYvhv said:

This isn't how it works. Each player has their own percentage, not tied to anyone else. Next time the snake comes around, I'll have 100% chance, but that by no means guarantees that anyone in the party will get it.

ask ask your squad. cos your wrong. every time I or anyone in my squads gets a tau, we all do. 

4 minutes ago, Grimm said:

ask ask your squad. cos your wrong. every time I or anyone in my squads gets a tau, we all do. 

That's just luck on your squad's part. No squad I've been in has ever experienced that. We get a lot of one person being "Woo! Tauforged!" and the rest of us being "Dang. Regular."

Just now, VladYvhv said:

That's just luck on your squad's part. No squad I've been in has ever experienced that. We get a lot of one person being "Woo! Tauforged!" and the rest of us being "Dang. Regular."

then my squads have the greatest luck possible since its happened everytime ive got a tau.

Archived