Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does RJ become invulnerable at some point?

MutoManiac

Question

Hi! My usual solo RJ missions go something like this: I approach the objective, shoot some turrets, destroy small ships, blow up crew ships and then destroy remaining small ships. I then park it far away from objective and proceed to final mission.

I chose join any crew (which I rarely do) the other day and the other tenno went to final objective while many other small enemy ships were still attacking. I was trying to fend them off when they said come join them since the RJ becomes invulnerable while doing the final mission. This was low level RJ and I don't think he had any AI crew. Sure enough the ship was not damaged.

When I've played solo in higher level missions, I've done that and at the time didn't know I could teleport back to the ship, so couldn't get there quickly enough and the RJ would get destroyed. This is why I do the usual way by parking it far from the final objective first.

So is it true that the RJ at some point becomes invulnerable or that the small ships no longer matter? If that's the case, it could save me some time. Thanks

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

So is it true that the RJ at some point becomes invulnerable or that the small ships no longer matter? If that's the case, it could save me some time. Thanks

Depends on the mission type.

If it's Corpus mission, yes, it's true. Once you board the Corpus ship and the gameplay changes into regular warframe, Railjack is invulnerable.

It's not true for Grineer missions.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Depends on the mission type.

If it's Corpus mission, yes, it's true. Once you board the Corpus ship and the gameplay changes into regular warframe, Railjack is invulnerable.

It's not true for Grineer missions.

Ah, that's great to know. Thank you!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

IN SOLO : When Reaching Any House MKIII full valence Fusion :

• Without crew, you can still be destroyed (when electric prevent you from teleporting). An active Engineer solve this flaw.
  • With my Crew and full Zekti MKIII, fighters get get destroyed before reaching their fire range. You only need to deal with Crew Ships.
  • Some Corpus have endless ships, I forgot my game was during 2 hours ... My crew killed thousands of ships.
  • Some Grineers missions have a gallion/station using Torpedoes : theses can kill you. Stay at 8 500 km of them to prevent it.

Stick to your already good tactics, Keep an engineer active to teleport, stay afar from gallion/Station's Torpedoes and you may prevent most failure.

NOT SOLO : A crew mate doing anything wrong or sqatting pilot/artillery can failed the best Railjack. You cannot prevent it !!!*

(*) : If your are hosting, unpluging your RJ45 to eject them in the void may help. it's not nice but ... "desperate situation, desperate measure"

5 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

(*) : If your are hosting, unpluging your RJ45 to eject them in the void may help. it's not nice but ... "desperate situation, desperate measure"

I didn't know this was a thing. A hardware panic button, lol. 😝

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cerikus said:

It's not true for Grineer missions

I think it is kinda true. What happens is you get a grineer infiltration on your RJ while you're eating the objective and when you get back, you can have 10 grineer on your ship wreaking havoc. If they killed the crew and started fires and caused a hull breach, you could struggle to get the hazards resolved before your RJ "dies". Additionally sometimes the .I'd ship doors auto lock with fires or breaches in the aft section and you're done. Nothing you can do.