Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talking about AFK and specters

Zeliphar

Just now, Zeliphar said:

yeah , look to duviri , if is the notion they have for "active gameplay"... sad

Legitimately and genuinely the knock down enemies when they're about to super move, would exponentially add more skill to the game than the bs that's Eximus 'Avoid by rolling lol' that takes away any kind of agency and incentive from the player to act.

Plus, actually giving the guys a telegraph that isn't lost in the see of bs that's High Level Warframe.

Actually this reminds me of another example of them trying and then failing so miserable at active gameplay

Overguard vs Operator, the whole reason Overguard has a Void weakness was is that there was more 'combination' of Gameplay between Warframe and Operator. But they forgot how high the health values scaled, in their own game, and the whole idea was scrapped, even moreso that the last time that they brought it up was trying to band aid it with an Arcane.

Not even mentioning how this was release back when Operators had no shields and no shield gating, you know the mechanic that they added in because at high levels one shots became too common that they found it problematic?

It's hilarious.

5 hours ago, Zeliphar said:

i think half of the topic judge me xD

Despite the idea of minion-based gameplay (something I enjoy dabbling in from time to time) aligning with the concept of AFK play more strongly than other playstyles, the concept of AFKing itself is easy enough to say bad things about; why boot up a game if you’re not going to engage, what value is the reward if zero effort was spent getting it, yadda yadda.

You’ll find though that AFK/near-AFK play is commonly pitched as a good and justifiable thing when it comes to actually opening Warframe; sitting in Hydron or ESO and being power leveled, corner camping in something like Survival and shooting down a hall, blasting through a level as fast as possible with as little engagement as possible (where if there was zero distance between point A and point B and zero requirement for effort, that would be preferable). One of the reasons I don’t join multiplayer matches much is because players are often seeking that zero-engagement reward, standing around spamming abilities or mass AoE attacks with equipment typically built to find its place in higher-level content than the mission being done, and there’s just not much to do as someone who’s actually built for alternative gameplay and looking for a fight. It’s not exactly an uncommon playstyle while players chase the grind to tick off a spreadsheet of things they probably never use if it doesn’t make for good grind

Edited by (NSW)Greybones