The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Albrecht Entrati's Grave

Cerikus

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This is true, though it's equally worth noting that his scholarly aspects are much more downplayed than Albrecht's narratively.

True, we don't know if Ballas is a father. As far as theorycrafting goes, that means we have to assume he isn't. Otherwise we're building on speculation. If Ballas is revealed to have a kid, then sure, and that could be a fun recontextualisation moment. For the moment, however

Also, whilst the Drifter created Duviri, not everything that happens in Duviri relates back to him. They didn't know Teshin, after all. Once Duviri was created it became an independently exsiting place with its own rules that other people could interact with, and its own very weird sense of time, and that has indpendent Duviri citizens with their own personalities and agency. They could have created it during Duviri's unseen history that might occur during or before Drifter settled into his routine. If Drifter forgot that he created the place, it's likely he forgot other things.

The Warden also shows up, presumably after Ballas dies in the real world in close proximity to the void, yet the Drifter has yet to leave Duviri properly and go put those events in motion.

True it is speculation, but someone called a father or mother doesnt positively need to have a child through blood either. Hence why I said he might have been a father figure on Duviri. We also need to specualte around Albrecht, if he was chatty about his daughter in that case to a point where people remembered and loved him. At which point we can also question why there isnt a doll Albrecht running around somewhere. Since you know, emotions about loved ones and so on inside the void resulting in manifestations. Which shouldnt be far fetched when things from a storybook comes to life aswell.

Them not knowing of Teshin doesnt matter, since it is the physical Teshin landing on Duviri, not them making him up and creating him. And while the Drifter has forgotten things, the fragments are still real and tell the story of the islands and so on. They dont disappear just because the Drifter forgets things.

The Warden showed up when Kullervo was sent to eternal punishment on Duviri. Ballas sent him to Duviri from our world for the attempted murder of him and all his other crimes against the Orokin. This places the appearance of Warden at the end of the old war during the fall. A point in time when Duviri did exsist since it was after the Zariman incident. But how did Ballas know where to send Kullervo? And then later on send the operator and Lotus to the same place. Had Ballas been there prior to sending Kullervo? Or is the Warden simply Kullervo manifesting his own keeper out of the person that he tried to kill? Ballas may have been there and ended up there through the attempted murder commited by Kullervo. Or Ballas may have just advanced his void research immensly, so knew about Duviri inside the void in order to send things he didnt like there.

It would be nice to know exactly DE's intent regarding the passing of time between reality and Duviri.

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

True, we don't know if Ballas is a father. As far as theorycrafting goes, that means we have to assume he isn't. Otherwise we're building on speculation. If Ballas is revealed to have a kid, then sure, and that could be a fun recontextualisation moment. For the moment, however

Are we all forgetting that Margulis is literally the mother of the tenno, and that ballas was her intimate lover?
And that ballas was one of the major people behind the technocyte warrior project, who co-opted the warframe project to turn the tenno into weapons that turned his major career flaw into one of the greatest successes in orokin history?

Ballas is as much a father to the tenno as Margulis is a mother. A cruel father who cares about results and personal gain more than anything, but still a father.

8 hours ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Are we all forgetting that Margulis is literally the mother of the tenno, and that ballas was her intimate lover?
And that ballas was one of the major people behind the technocyte warrior project, who co-opted the warframe project to turn the tenno into weapons that turned his major career flaw into one of the greatest successes in orokin history?

Ballas is as much a father to the tenno as Margulis is a mother. A cruel father who cares about results and personal gain more than anything, but still a father.

You know, this is fair with his whole "I don't want them to be veiled, I want them to willingly worship me" thing.

So, I'll grant that Ballas does match the description. I feel given context clues Albrecht is more likely, but it's possible.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

So, I'll grant that Ballas does match the description. I feel given context clues Albrecht is more likely, but it's possible.

One other thing that has me thinking Ballas from the description of the Stranger is the fragment bringing up his accent. And unless Albrecht is very different from the rest of the Entrati family, I dont really see his accent standing out compared to the duvirians which the fragment compares it to.

Just food for thought.

Archived