Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri weapons RNG proposed change

damongautama

One of the annoying things for me about the Duviri weapon selection is that I see many of the worst weapons regularly. I have most weapons, so the forced inclusion of unowned choices has a small pool to pick from. And many of that small pool were weapons I had but just didn't enjoy, so I got rid of them.

The situation forces a strange option. If I want to have it not show up as much, I can acquire the weapon. So I would go through whatever effort is required and pay for a weapon slot just to not use the weapon. Feels like a cash grab.

A quick and easy fix would be to remove the mastered weapons from the list of unowned options. Then if there is some crappy weapon you keep seeing, you can acquire it, master it, and then sell it (clearing up the weapon slot, at least).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damongautama said:

One of the annoying things for me about the Duviri weapon selection is that I see many of the worst weapons regularly. I have most weapons, so the forced inclusion of unowned choices has a small pool to pick from. And many of that small pool were weapons I had but just didn't enjoy, so I got rid of them.

The situation forces a strange option. If I want to have it not show up as much, I can acquire the weapon. So I would go through whatever effort is required and pay for a weapon slot just to not use the weapon. Feels like a cash grab.

A quick and easy fix would be to remove the mastered weapons from the list of unowned options. Then if there is some crappy weapon you keep seeing, you can acquire it, master it, and then sell it (clearing up the weapon slot, at least).

Same, I'm L3 and I own a massive amount of all the weapons because I like to have fun with them and see what I can do with them in missions, yet I keep getting non-prime or crappy low MR weapons in the Steel Path Circuit when I have the prime version of them, I've just got to hope one gun or Warframe can carry me through.

It's annoying constantly getting MR5 non-prime weapons, the ones you play within the standard star chart when you first start playing the game, those weapons in the Steel Path circuit are only good for filling the slot because they're all the same for Steel Path Duviri when they can't kill enemies and run out of ammo trying to kill one enemy. 

I still love Duviri but sometimes when you see all weapons that don't cut it in Steel Path put up for a choice is sad, you almost feel like you're letting the team down and hope someone has something good to carry you while you run around annoying the enemies with your cap guns and reviving the others when needed.

To add I have re-acquired some of the weapons that struggled with a DE standard config and built them up to work in Steel Path. Secura Dual Cestra and the normal one biggest problem was ammo ran out too fast, Akzani  (still crap) but I tried lol, and a few others that were bad like Bolto and Bronco considering I own the prime versions I continually get them along with base melees, oh well I have adapted now to the fact I'll keep getting them and make the most out of a bad thing. 

The RNG highlights few things. Why least played frames or used weps are what they are.

Some weapons even with insane input cant and wont keep up with other weapons with just half of input.Same to frames. Yes knowledge can help get few work arrounds for frames, but again you need to hope you get the half decent frame, decent weps, and then certain decrees to complete get things going.

Unless there are decrees which gives 100+ % flat cc, and status to weapons and for some ammo maximums or just ammo cap boost, so other  weps who rely of bullet spam to do great things.

Biggest issue with the rng circuit is same old, people get locked out of their fav playstile forcing to use things they did not pick for a reason, but then again if there was no rng it be just too easy.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

I think they already made some changes , i am getting unmastered and unowned weapons a lot more than just unowned (but mastered) ones.

And some of the new decrees are really excellent .

They did I think, I'm seeing slightly better choices in weapons unless I'm going through an RNG good phase, as long as I get at least one weapon I can use to help the team if the Warframe is mediocre I'm happy, all of mine have been really low MR or non-prime which doesn't help in SP Circuit.

I get all excited when I see a gun I know cuts it in SP.  beaF1.gif If it's a Warframe and weapon it's pure bliss. oOopy.gif

I'm glad they are not doing it with the Warframes as well that would be a real faceplant moment. 🤑

same 1 weapon out of the batch of 6 or 7, whatever the max is, every 3 to 4 runs i actually get a good weapon. it is the same for the frames for me as well. Though i should say its not because they are bad but they are my least played frames for a reason de i dont wanna play them stop forcing me to play something i dont want duviri is already a slog to get through without the bonus package of most hated frames and weapons