Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reviving Kavat with Mischief

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

4 answers to this question

I dont know if its a bug or feature but after some patches ago, Companions that got downed started teleporting around to near their owners, many times making it difficult for teammates to ressurrect them as when they get near and start ressing, the pet just teleports away to their owner and stops the ressurrection process.

This "bug/feature" may have bugged even further in your case causing the pet to vanish completely.

Ah, I see exactly what is happening.  I'll explain it but first you need to know about an interesting phenomenon: if your downed pet is on a different "tile" of the map than you, switching from your Warframe to your Operator will generally cause the downed pet to teleport to a location on your current "tile" (usually near the edge of the tile).

So here's what happens in the video:

• The doorway you're near separates two different map tiles; your Kavat is downed in Tile A, and your Warframe is on Tile A running towards the Kavat.
  • Your Warframe parkours past the Kavat, and now your Warframe is in Tile B.
  • You turn 180 degrees to face your pet who is still in Tile A.
  • You Transference from your Warframe to your Operator; when you do this, you are still in Tile B.
  • Since your Warframe was in Tile B, but your Kavat is in Tile A, your Kavat is teleported several meters to be Tile B.
  • Your Operator moves to where your Kavat was in Tile A, but it is no longer there.
  • When you find the Katat in Tile B, it has already died because its revival timer has expired, so you see it's body melt into nothingness.

So no, this has nothing to do with Mischief.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Ah, I see exactly what is happening.  I'll explain it but first you need to know about an interesting phenomenon: if your downed pet is on a different "tile" of the map than you, switching from your Warframe to your Operator will generally cause the downed pet to teleport to a location on your current "tile" (usually near the edge of the tile).

Not sure why you had to mention anything about Operator/Drifter, the downed pet teleporting has nothing to do with that.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Not sure why you had to mention anything about Operator/Drifter, the downed pet teleporting has nothing to do with that.

The reason is because in all the testing and playing I've done, it does!  Whenever I want my downed pet on another tile to teleport closer to me, I switch to Operator and it happens instantly.  It's a strategy I use frequently.

There may be other times when downed pets teleport as well, but if you do some tests I have faith you'll find that you can manually trigger the teleport to happen the moment you switch to Operator.

Archived