The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Oxylus' Botanist mod not working with Cross-Matrix widget

Janitsu

It would appear that over ~100 missions in Earth having Oxylus enabled, it didn't trigger the Cross-Matrix widget a single time. Made sure to not have any codex scanners (do not even own any). Considering that the chance for double scan is 45 %, that seems like a relatively impossible chance.

9 minutes ago, Janitsu said:

Quick googling and reading the wiki page's comments

Yes, very reliable sources of knowledge. 

10 minutes ago, Janitsu said:

suggest that this behaviour has been changed for Botanist in the recent times (without a note in the patch notes)

Your own testing seems to suggest it is bulls...

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Your own testing seems to suggest it is bulls...

It is also mentioned in the wiki page itself – I am simply reporting what I have observed and read. Your sources do not seem any more trustworthy.

On 2023-07-17 at 11:32 AM, Zakkhar said:

Unironically. Some very old players who can't be bothered to edit the wiki's pages themselves will only comment and leave their comments there. It's just as credible as the wiki itself. 

I know it is because I've purposely left misinformation there myself (I didn't write it, just neglected to correct it), since correcting it would lead to another undocumented change in behavior that would upset players, as it has happened too many times before. 

Anyone can edit the wiki, it's why it is so useful in the first place, and sometimes it's very hard to prove or disprove information there, and there are too many examples to put in one post. 

To cite some, Pathocyst shadow nerf, Limbo, Khora, Gara and others being nerfed under the guise of a bugfix, a couple useful tech being removed with no warning a couple years before the pandemic. The list is long. 

But why would it work? Cross-Matrix widget is an upgrade to Synthesis Scanner. Succesful scan with the Scannner consumes a charge out of charge pool. If you use the actual Scanner you get full benefit of it. The 3 methods of scanning also consume a charge out of the pool, but do not use the actual Scanner. Sol-Battery Widget works, because its interaction is with charges only, not with the actual scanning. Data-Parse Widget clearly doesnt do anything for those methods and I am pretty sure Vector-Thread Widget does not either.

On 2023-07-19 at 3:47 AM, Zakkhar said:

But why would it work?

Because you upgraded the Synthesis Scanner, and the Synthesis Scanner is being used to scan something.

It is not unreasonable for someone to expect upgrades to work, not least when the Sol-Battery Widget DOES work on Sentinels.

On 2023-07-19 at 3:47 AM, Zakkhar said:

Succesful scan with the Scannner consumes a charge out of charge pool. If you use the actual Scanner you get full benefit of it.
The 3 methods of scanning also consume a charge out of the pool, but do not use the actual Scanner.

I just wanna say, this is pretty hard to follow, just saying "the Scanner" or "actual Scanner"
makes it hard to know which Scanner, and / or method of scanning, you are talking about.

Also, I doubt it's news to anyone here that, by default, scanning takes charges, so dunno why you're explaining that.

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I just wanna say, this is pretty hard to follow, just saying "the Scanner" or "actual Scanner"
makes it hard to know which Scanner, and / or method of scanning, you are talking about.

The same Method. Selecting the Scanner in Gear menu and right clicking.

You just need to differentate between Scanner (actual method above) and scanner Charges.

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Because you upgraded the Synthesis Scanner, and the Synthesis Scanner is being used to scan something.

No, it is not. There are charges used. Charges can be of both Synthesis or Codex scanners.

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

The same Method. Selecting the Scanner in Gear menu and right clicking.

You just need to differentate between Scanner (actual method above) and scanner Charges.

No, it is not. There are charges used. Charges can be of both Synthesis or Codex scanners.

Oxylus used scanner charges, so if it uses Synthesis Scanners one would assume all the buffs applied to that particular scanner would also apply to the charges spent.

55 minutes ago, Janitsu said:

Oxylus used scanner charges, so if it uses Synthesis Scanners one would assume all the buffs applied to that particular scanner would also apply to the charges spent.

Imagine you have a zombie apocalypse magic bolt gun. It uses nails as ammo. You installed following upgrades on it: A lens to view through walls, a gyro to shoot the nails faster, a self-regenerating magazine and and a double-barrel with an ability to shoot two nails instead of one (they regen anyway so it is no worries).

Imagine that instead of using this Bolt gun you want to use a simple hammer for normal woodwork, no zombie shooting variation. However you got only one proper nail, but need two. No worries, you eject one from the magazine of the bolt gun. They regen anyway.

You hammer the first nail you found just fine. Could you expect that once you put the hammer to the bolt gun's nail, it will miraculously change into two? Or that you will see through the walls all of a sudden?

Archived