Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Medical Debt bonds are an unnecessary roadblock

MenticidalGhost

I see that there are 100s of posts about this same topic from years ago but nothing is being done about it and it almost made me lose interest in playing even today. My roommate who has a regular 5-9 job has been playing Warframe for over 10 years and has still not maxed standing with Fortuna and says he probably never will. I no life'd it and repeated bounties every day for 3 hours straight for over 2 weeks and only saw the medical debt bonds drop twice. The only reason I was actually able to max standing was because eventually Ticker had them. I did not have fun with my Fortuna experience and this makes me sad because it has the most memorable song. 

gBxo2cV.png

• Like 6

Finishing Fortuna standing was one of the most miserable experiences I've had with the game. I never play Orb Vallis anymore unless its for Nightwave. Sadly, this game still has a massive problem with disrespecting its players' time.

• Like 4

DE is overdue on reworking how both Plains and Fortuna Reputation is given to players to make it a bit more like Deimos, instead of missions rewarding players with rep directly, they should instead reward tokens that can later be redeemed for reputation, in Fortuna`s case, the Debit Bonds. This would make accessing the Debit Bonds necessary to rank up easier wile also making it better for players to do missions at rep cap without feeling their time is going to waste.

1 hour ago, Zaghyr said:

I never play Orb Vallis anymore unless its for Nightwave.

Especially for cases like these where we have everything bought and maxed out and are forced to do Nightwave missions to gain her standing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MenticidalGhost said:

I see that there are 100s of posts about this same topic from years ago but nothing is being done about it and it almost made me lose interest in playing even today. My roommate who has a regular 5-9 job has been playing Warframe for over 10 years and has still not maxed standing with Fortuna and says he probably never will. I no life'd it and repeated bounties every day for 3 hours straight for over 2 weeks and only saw the medical debt bonds drop twice. The only reason I was actually able to max standing was because eventually Ticker had them. I did not have fun with my Fortuna experience and this makes me sad because it has the most memorable song. 

gBxo2cV.png

I completely understand your plight and Fortuna standing is LONG overdue for a rework.  They need to have consistency amongst the factions and how standing can be earned.  It's especially painfull at Fortuna because it's very early in a new player progression and for many the slog is too much.  It has been the proverbial straw on the camel's back that has led to the quitting of Warframe for several of my friends who just couldn't deal with it.  Sadly I doubt DE will ever change i,t because they are more concerned with keeping the New Stuff Train speeding towards mediocrity and more grind.   Your Fortuna slog is almost over and soon you will be able to move on towards another wall of grind at a new syndicate!  Welcome to Warframe! 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Especially for cases like these where we have everything bought and maxed out and are forced to do Nightwave missions to gain her standing.

I should clarify, I didn't stop playing it because the grinding was done, its not even close to done, I stopped playing because the grinding soured my experience with Fortuna so much that I have no desire to go back because it will make me miserable, unless its something quick for Nightwave. People can say all the crap they want about this game being about the grind, but in cases like this, the grind completely kills the joy in the game, which is why I avoid Fortuna.