Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gear Wheel small change suggestion for forgetful people like me

Bl4zko

So we have our good old Gear Wheel which we use for all our consumables (ammo, energy and so on) and that's all good and makes sense to have our consumables added there if we want to use them.

Now comes my suggsetion, for items like Nightfall, Twilight and Sunrise Apothics, would be awesome if you didn't have to equip these in the Gear wheel. I have them crafted and in my Inventory, I don't see any reason for them to be required to be in my Gear Wheel every time I want to go and hunt a specter, when in the mission we don't even have to open the gear wheel to use these, We are basically interacting with the little monument to spawn the Silver Grove Specter. I usually only craft one of these and I ALWAYS forget to equip them before going in the mission. only realizing when it's too late, then I have to extract the mission, go in my arsenal equip the Apothic and go back in. I'd apply this same suggestion for any items that are not really used in the gear wheel but only equipped to interact with something specific in a mission. Anyways just a little QOL suggestion. Thank you for reading 😅

Edited by Bl4zko
title
  • Like 3

That's a good point

the Apothics cannot be Activated via the Gear Wheel; only by a dedicated Interaction with the shrine itself.

So there's no real reason for them to be IN the wheel, it's just UI clutter.

Same case for Ciphers, attempting to 'activate' them from the Gear Wheel does Nothing. they can only be activated from their own special interaction within a Hack Menu.

So Items like these, should just be separate from the Gear Wheel.

Maybe in ancient history it made sense to put them in Gear Wheel, when the wheel had a Capacity Limit and it was a loadout Management mechanic; but that is long gone....

• Like 4

I keep more than one built, but I take them out to keep down clutter as well. Seems reasonable to me for any item like that which only has a contextual use case as opposed to a wheel activation one. So that would also include the deals for Fomorian and Razorback as well.

• Like 2