Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zeriman Bounties and "hold X to extract" causing HUGE problems

socrlax24

When doing Zariman bounties in a group, you have the option to hold X inside the extraction area to instantly extract without waiting. The problem is, easily 7 times out of 10, this causes the game to bug out and force-abort the rest of the party, meaning everyone loses all of the rewards they would have otherwise gotten, just because one person is supremely impatient and selfish.

This early extraction thing needs to be either fixed or removed. 

44 minutes ago, socrlax24 said:

This early extraction thing needs to be either fixed or removed. 

Yep.  You're not the first person to bring up this issue, and I doubt you'll be the last.  But I also doubt DE will do anything about it.  It's mystifying why the Zariman has this extraction model in the first place.  What was wrong with the models already present in the game?  Why did DE decide to give the host what effectively boils down to a "grief" button, immediately putting everyone through host migration and jeopardizing their rewards?

My personal theory is that the Zariman is unfinished, and went through several iterations before DE settled on this weird, half-baked extraction model.  My evidence is that occasionally the extraction marker will lead you to tiles that look like they should be a place for our landing crafts to pick us up.  But these tiles aren't functional as extraction, and you have to hoof it back to the elevator or the orb.

It's just a bizarre situation that has persisted since the launch of the Zariman update.  I hope it gets fixed, but again, I doubt it will at this point.

Archived