The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fix orphix missions

MaunoMat0

Doesn't matter if you run them solo or in a group, if you are slow or fast, you will most likely fail.

Wtf is speeding up the timer anyway, just joined a 3 man squad, we pretty much rushed the first whatever the F it's called, killed the spawns immediately ( in less than a minute ) and moved on to the next whatever the thingy is, by the time we reached the seconds target the timer was at 80% and unrecoverable.

You have like 20 seconds once you reach the second target and it would die but it has an invulnerability phase where you have to kill more of those sacks of goo, by that time you have reached 100% on the timer and the mission fails.

I'd tell you the name of the sacks and whatever the main target is, but there's no time to register anything in these missions, way too intense and no time to complete anything.

I mean, I haven't ran many of these mission but every single one that has failed is because you literally can't get there in time, not because damage or defense wasn't enough.

Open up the star chart they said, it will be fun they said! Railjack missions are great...

Oprhix have a certain sequence of spawning. You can predict where new spawns. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orphix_(Mission)#Orphix_Spawns

9 hours ago, MaunoMat0 said:

killed the spawns immediately ( in less than a minute )

That seems too slow.

You have like 20 seconds once you reach the second target and it would die but it has an invulnerability phase where you have to kill more of those sacks of goo, by that time you have reached 100% on the timer and the mission fails.

Fluctus or anything with high penetration/AoE.

Open up the star chart they said, it will be fun they said! Railjack missions are great...

They are not that great, also some missions require you to have geared up Necramechs/Archgun/Railjack/Frame and set picked spcifically for the mission type. You provided no info whether you have built Necrameech or were you using defaults. Or which system the mission was in.

@MaunoMat0,

So where is the bug ? because it's hard yes but if you post in bug section, post or video or state the BUG ?

Reminder for those who never did Orphix event :

Orphix Tier I : Necramech x1 forma minimum, Operator-only until Orphix #4, VoidRig up to Orphix 24

Orphix Tier II : Necramech x3 forma minimum, VoidRig up to Orphix 12, Bonewidow Ortherwise

Orphix Tier III : Necramech x5 forma minimum, BoneWidow recommanded

If SOLO or TAXI : Flutus IS NOT-AN-OPTION !!!

On 2023-08-20 at 11:36 AM, MaunoMat0 said:

kill more of those sacks of goo, by that time you have reached 100% on the timer and the mission fails.

I'd tell you the name of the sacks and whatever the main target is,

The fact there is not enough time to look at names or enemies should show how poorly paced orphix missions are

Now my issue is survival gives you 5mins to GTFO but orphix instantly fails instead of letting the player evac

18 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

So where is the bug ? because it's hard yes but if you post in bug section, post or video or state the BUG ?

Just now, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

The fact there is not enough time to look at names or enemies should show how poorly paced orphix missions are

The mission time, pace and evac are the issue. Just incase anyone wanted to know

just joined a 3 man squad, we pretty much rushed the first whatever the F it's called, killed the spawns immediately ( in less than a minute ) and moved on to the next whatever the thingy is, by the time we reached the seconds target the timer was at 80% and unrecoverable

This part potentially specifies a timer multiplying per player bug though

If DE took a rework to the knee Railjack letalone Orphix could be refined to bug resistant instead of flooded

To @(XBOX)Mastermitchel89,

I'd tell you where the problem come from and you'd advise for yourself what to think :

-Operation Orphix Venom was hard (Tier past rotation C and Tier II, III) but the reward was great in comparison (Gain Arcane faster than eidolon).

-Railjack Orphix mission were mean to be HARDER than the event with a higher speed need (around 2 AABC rotations) because the reward was still great but without the time limit of the event.

A lot of players complain about DE choices for this mission but this is NO BUG, anyone can do a TIER ROT AABC with Father free Necramech and the TRUE turning point is that you need to build a Necramech then Apply 5 Forma at least for TIER III and you absolutely need Necramech's rage and Necramech's repair mods. The mission in itself is difficult but the grind for the Necramech and the Forma really pain most players.

Another problem ADD UP : The players without tactics nor brains. Orphix Venom does not need only firepower but also some knowledge and a minimum of tactics.

• First, Like in the Orphix Event, you MUST understand the rotation SPAWN and have a fast Necramech; If not you LOOSE.
  • Second, You must destroy the crystals as fats as possible with weapons, Necra's punch, Necra's Head Slam or Operator. Most players don't so they loose precious time like around 30s; You've got TEN seconds MAX !!!
  • Third, A lot of player try to kill the sentients and this is where they loose. You must dispatch the Orphix the sentients/corpus are a a mere distraction;
    1. At low level, voidrig must attack the Orphix and One Bonewidow can CC the sentient to protect him.
    2. At High level, Bonewidow must attack the Orphix and One VoidRig can CC the sentient to protect her.
  • Lastly, Orphix is one of the rare mission where you can exit and keep your rewards even if the timer run out. SO PLAYERS DOES NOT LOOSE ANYTHING apart form a bit of over-self estimation;

So there IS NO BUG, just a mission harder than its event, need a faster pace than most and a lot of BUGS in the players tactics and brains.

So it's not a PC bugs, it's a Player-that-does-not-understand-what-to-do-bugs.

The one who know the others and yourself won't be defeated in a hundreds battles (SUN TZU)

15 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

I'd tell you where the problem come from and you'd advise for yourself what to think :

-Operation Orphix Venom was hard (Tier past rotation C and Tier II, III) but the reward was great in comparison (Gain Arcane faster than eidolon).

-Railjack Orphix mission were mean to be HARDER than the event with a higher speed need (around 2 AABC rotations) because the reward was still great but without the time limit of the event.

A lot of players complain about DE choices for this mission but this is NO BUG, anyone can do a TIER ROT AABC with Father free Necramech and the TRUE turning point is that you need to build a Necramech then Apply 5 Forma at least for TIER III and you absolutely need Necramech's rage and Necramech's repair mods. The mission in itself is difficult but the grind for the Necramech and the Forma really pain most players.

Another problem ADD UP : The players without tactics nor brains. Orphix Venom does not need only firepower but also some knowledge and a minimum of tactics.

• First, Like in the Orphix Event, you MUST understand the rotation SPAWN and have a fast Necramech; If not you LOOSE.
  • Second, You must destroy the crystals as fats as possible with weapons, Necra's punch, Necra's Head Slam or Operator. Most players don't so they loose precious time like around 30s; You've got TEN seconds MAX !!!
  • Third, A lot of player try to kill the sentients and this is where they loose. You must dispatch the Orphix the sentients/corpus are a a mere distraction;
    1. At low level, voidrig must attack the Orphix and One Bonewidow can CC the sentient to protect him.
    2. At High level, Bonewidow must attack the Orphix and One VoidRig can CC the sentient to protect her.
  • Lastly, Orphix is one of the rare mission where you can exit and keep your rewards even if the timer run out. SO PLAYERS DOES NOT LOOSE ANYTHING apart form a bit of over-self estimation;

So there IS NO BUG, just a mission harder than its event, need a faster pace than most and a lot of BUGS in the players tactics and brains.

So it's not a PC bugs, it's a Player-that-does-not-understand-what-to-do-bugs.

The one who know the others and yourself won't be defeated in a hundreds battles (SUN TZU)

Your specifying this like as if we didn't max our necramechs and checked the best way to win via wiki (note your specifying Orphix Venom the Event thats been over for 2-3 years, guess what, they changed it to be harder than that)

How about the issue is i can farm eidolons more easily and more rewardingly with less

Because the difference between pacing ie railjack wastes 10 minutes just to start the actual mission, eidolon takes 1-5 minutes to set up a tridolon

Notice the difference in words wastes and takes, one does not progress the drops im looking for, the other does progress 3 drops seperate that im looking for and more bonus drops with them (note the pacing issue)

Knowledge may be an issue but i know how to waste my time and im never playing orphix for rewards just because its always available

The Next issue is that my maxed bonewidow and voidrig are still too slow and forcing the player to get a fluctus just to waste 15-20 minutes for a 1 chance of what im looking for on a shrivelling time limit WITHOUT A EVAC TIME

At least the event ALLOWED the player to choose what the wanted, Unlike 20 minutes of nonstop spam optimisation and RNG drops including things i don't want

should i even mention to self proclaimed veteran that not everyone plays with a squad that can spawnkill orphix

shall i mention DE doesn't reward players with fun and wanted drops at the same time

To @VibingCat,

Just remember that VoidRig's artillery deal better with lot of enemies  (CC) where Bonewidow's Exalted blade excel again solo enemies (Orphix).

In terms of Aiming :

• Bonewidow's exalted Blade can attack Orphix from any angle (even from behind). 100% hits.
  • VoidRig and weapons need a precise it and shoot can be intercepted by enemies. 50-80% hits at best.

In terms of Damage vs Armor :

• VoidRig can't deal with Tier III heavy armored Orphix fast enough. But he can deal with Vast area of Sentient.
  • Bonewidow's exalted Blade can kill higher level Orphix. But she must keep all her energy for this only.

In terms of surviving/energy for Bonewidow :

• Thanks to Meat Hook, Bonewidow can replenish her health fast
  • with Necramech's rage, she can be at full energy all the times without using her shield.
  • and Necramech's repair can be usefull as a safeguard.
  1. Voidrig in high level need to get hit to replenish his energy.
  2. THEN activate his shield as soon as Necramech's repair is triggered;
  3. So you have to stop artillery mode to protect yourself from dying IE you loose much more time than bonewidow...

Bonewidow MUST-NOT use her shield to prioritise her blade where VoidRig MUST activate his shield and not prioritise his artillery mode.

This is the tricky part to be able to use VoidRig in higher level; Most players in the Orphix Event prefer Bonewidow more simple tactic, I personally did not own her so I had to refined VoidRig's tactics. It was Hell but I became better at it ^^

First, I never said players were stupid... most do not use their brains by habituation. They always use the "MORE FIREPOWER" when playing with a warframe but most can't deal with Orphix because it's a different kind of play. This inability to change or reluctance to adapt IS THEIR OWN FAULT. It's not stupidity, it's mental rigidity or intellectual lazyness at worst.

Second, like most players, I do play 2h per day max this mean and often solo :

• I can play Orphix 100% of this time. 100% of fun times.
  • I can't hunt eidolon because of night/day shift and I at start less than 10min of night, I've got less than 40-50 min to hunt them... ~40% of times

Orphix hunt is more efficient than eidolon because unlike You I can't play 4-8 hours per day.

Third, What is your problem with evac time ? If you do a full rotation (ABC), you can evac anytime without loosing rewards 🤔. Also Orphix can get you up to 24 different arcane;

Also, What you want is a retail shop for arcanes NOT less random in rewards. Don't hide it, don't try to lie to me, I'm not a naive 3 years old child 😈

1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

First, I never said players were stupid... most do not use their brains by habituation. They always use the "MORE FIREPOWER" when playing with a warframe but most can't deal with Orphix because it's a different kind of play. This inability to change or reluctance to adapt IS THEIR OWN FAULT. It's not stupidity, it's mental rigidity or intellectual lazyness at worst.

Second, like most players, I do play 2h per day max this mean and often solo :

• I can play Orphix 100% of this time. 100% of fun times.
  • I can't hunt eidolon because of night/day shift and I at start less than 10min of night, I've got less than 40-50 min to hunt them... ~40% of times

Orphix hunt is more efficient than eidolon because unlike You I can't play 4-8 hours per day.

Third, What is your problem with evac time ? If you do a full rotation (ABC), you can evac anytime without loosing rewards 🤔. Also Orphix can get you up to 24 different arcane;

Also, What you want is a retail shop for arcanes NOT less random in rewards. Don't hide it, don't try to lie to me, I'm not a naive 3 years old child 😈

Fine ignore the problem and make it personal

It won't solve the issue

To @HasagiReportJngl,

I've just SOLO a mission again (was very rusty n' did lose a bunch of times) :
TIER I with Voidrig : 12 Orphix done in 10min (+7min in railjack -for full rewards n' playing with fighters-)
TIER I with Bonewidow should take the same amount (Orphix + all resonators are worth ~40-45% or sec)

In Comparison to do Eidolons

1. Preparation to get your drones
  2. Do Eidolon Tier I
  3. RE-Preparation to get your drones
  4. Do Eidolon Tier II
  5. RE-RE-Preparation to get your drones
  6. Do Eidolon Tier III

At Least Railjack give you access to tier III directly, and you don't have to redo the prep' phase between each fight. And remember that Orphix was meant to be play with Necramech where Eidolons were to be with Warframe.

Morevover, Using Necramech to trivialise the eidolon fight is shortcut only possible to higher level players; Most players that start fighting eidolons does not have access to Necramech. So fighting Eidolons are meant to be hard and take time not rushed in 4min...

To @(XBOX)Mastermitchel89 : You are in a BUG topics and there is no BUG ! If you complain about game balance, just start a thread in FEEDBACK back forums. HERE in BUGS sections, YOU ARE WRONG, END OF THE LINE !!!

7 часов назад, RLanzinger сказал:

was very rusty n' did lose a bunch of times

So you wasted a lot of time for nothing.

12 Orphix done in 10min

Seems to be impossible. But if it is truth, probably you have enough firepower for solo teralyst at least.

In Comparison to do Eidolons

1. Preparation to get your drones
  2. Do Eidolon Tier I
  3. RE-Preparation to get your drones
  4. Do Eidolon Tier II
  5. RE-RE-Preparation to get your drones
  6. Do Eidolon Tier III

But fails are vanishingly rare, different from Orphix. So Orphix (as it is) is just a waste of time.

17 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

You are in a BUG topics and there is no BUG ! If you complain about game balance, just start a thread in FEEDBACK back forums. HERE in BUGS sections, YOU ARE WRONG, END OF THE LINE !!!

you're arguements may be 99% factual but only 2% is on topic

My points may be 3% factual as far as i care but im 100% on topic

Doesn't matter if you run them solo or in a group, if you are slow or fast, you will most likely fail.

Wtf is speeding up the timer anyway, just joined a 3 man squad, we pretty much rushed the first whatever the F it's called, killed the spawns immediately ( in less than a minute ) and moved on to the next whatever the thingy is, by the time we reached the seconds target the timer was at 80% and unrecoverable.

I'd tell you the name of the sacks and whatever the main target is, but there's no time to register anything in these missions, way too intense and no time to complete anything.

I mean, I haven't ran many of these mission but every single one that has failed is because you literally can't get there in time, not because damage or defense wasn't enough.

This is the topic 

About mission pacing and time based mechanics

If what OP says is correct then either there is a bug where the time based mechanic has sped up with limited to no reason

Or they may have been slow or on time, leading to pacing of the mission

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orphix_(Mission)

(Once the Orphix is dead, all Sentient enemies spawned by that Orphix will disappear. The Sentient control meter will also decrease by 8% upon defeating an Orphix.)

• Destroying Resonators will decrease Sentient control by 5%. (5 then 5x3-5 20%-30% plus orphix 28%-38%)

(if Orphix are left active for 100 seconds (100% Sentient control), players cannot continue and are forced to extract. A mission failure will result if Sentient control reaches 100% when the player has not destroyed three Orphix.)

8 seconds to kill an orphix, that should be 12%or14% not 8

Or radical idea orphix don't spawn so fast

Heres the evac time

Orphix will continue to spawn even if one is active; if Orphix are left active for 100 seconds (100% Sentient control), players cannot continue and are forced to extract. A mission failure will result if Sentient control reaches 100% when the player has not destroyed three Orphix.

Evac Should be available no matter how many orphix are there it should just be more difficult ie strong enemies everywhere

On 2023-08-22 at 9:41 PM, RLanzinger said:

Looks like i can Adapt and Change, like a biological entity designed to do so

On 2023-08-22 at 9:41 PM, RLanzinger said:

Pompous narcissist arrogant hypocrite. Don't play childish games when you act like a paperwork essay homework got no time cause work. This is a bug report stay on topic heres why

17 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

To @(XBOX)Mastermitchel89 : You are in a BUG topics and there is no BUG ! If you complain about game balance, just start a thread in FEEDBACK back forums. HERE in BUGS sections, YOU ARE WRONG, END OF THE LINE !!!

Now kiddo did you read it all this time. great, now you won't fail the test tomorrow,

Now go show mommy how well you can read

Because i take it personal when you assume about others not when you attack a mirrored presence

Just now, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orphix_(Mission)

(Once the Orphix is dead, all Sentient enemies spawned by that Orphix will disappear. The Sentient control meter will also decrease by 8% upon defeating an Orphix.)

(if Orphix are left active for 100 seconds (100% Sentient control), players cannot continue and are forced to extract. A mission failure will result if Sentient control reaches 100% when the player has not destroyed three Orphix.)

8 seconds to kill an orphix, that should be 20% not 8

solution sentient control raises by 2% per second when orphix are on the field thus 50 seconds (presumably on the veil proxima then it decreases 50%-70% per orphix killed resetting your safety time 

Since you would have a Maxed Necramech (veil proxima) it would give Breathing room for operator abilities for healing or energy if important for different playstyles

Archived