Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make solo relic cracking efficient please.

Suspended7th

40 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

This is basically just what this person is like, they are obnoxious, rude, will blatantly make things up to slander DE, insult you while telling you they're not insulting you and more. I highly recommend not putting the amount of energy into them as you are. I am speaking from personal experience when I say that it really is not worth it. 

You are way out of line good sir, as there has never been a slanderous word uttered from my mouth about DE, maybe some harsh criticisms yes, but that is the point of having a place for feedback.  Please don't spread your toxic lies about me as it's just tacky and rude.  I don't speak ill of you to others and you my good sir are not up for sainthood last time I checked. 

Good day to you!

Just now, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

You are way out of line good sir, as there has never been a slanderous word uttered from my mouth about DE, maybe some harsh criticisms yes, but that is the point of having a place for feedback.  Please don't spread your toxic lies about me as it's just tacky and rude.  I don't speak ill of you to others and you my good sir are not up for sainthood last time I checked. 

Good day to you!

There absolutely has. Ive called you out on it before. I vividly remember you saying things about DE that were easily proven to be not true and were simply slanderous. 

I'm not spreading toxic lies, I am simply trying to look out for people and a healthy discussion because I do not believe you are truly capable of doing that based on my prior experience with dealing with you. 

I'm not claiming to be a saint. You have spoken ill about me publically though, I don't really care if you're directing it towards others or not. I don't even want to be going down this conversation but your toxicity and incredibly obnoxious and rude behaviour drives me to feeling the need to do so. 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

For some people when they are told they are wrong, they listen and learn, and maybe change their ways, so they no longer hear such things .  Hmmm

Label it toxic or whatever you want Sweetie, I'm just keeping it REAL!  I only call it like I see it! Nothing more, nothing less!

The street goes both ways.  Funny how that works huh?  I somehow feel like you don't even understand what I am labeling toxic.  Its like you have convinced yourself that I am so incredibly impatient and so incredibly self centered that absolutely nothing I say matters.  You took my initial post, ignored everything else I said, and continue to call me a bad person.  Doesn't that sound really familiar?  Almost like you have seen it somewhere before?  Almost like its exactly what I have been doing to you?  We are really not that different you and I. 

Care to end the insults and actually talk?  Or are you too stuck in your ways, stalwartly defending your position without even attempting to make a compromise?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Suspended7th said:

The street goes both ways.  Funny how that works huh?  I somehow feel like you don't even understand what I am labeling toxic.  Its like you have convinced yourself that I am so incredibly impatient and so incredibly self centered that absolutely nothing I say matters.  You took my initial post, ignored everything else I said, and continue to call me a bad person.  Doesn't that sound really familiar?  Almost like you have seen it somewhere before?  Almost like its exactly what I have been doing to you?  We are really not that different you and I. 

Care to end the insults and actually talk?  Or are you too stuck in your ways, stalwartly defending your position without even attempting to make a compromise?

I truly have no beef with you as a person but can't quite come to terms with your need for speed, at least your breakneck speed runs that are quite impressive for sure.  I only poke fun at the wanting of even more from your expedited fissures and surely you can see the humor in your request too, I hope.  It's all just silly banter about something trivial and I think you realize that by now.  I only ask that you form your own opinion of me without listening to the blatant lies and untruths from this Necro person.  You can read and view all my content ever posted if you feel the need, and yes I'm not always pleasant with my comments but you already know that.  But I do not spread blatant toxic lies about anyone ever.  I am not here to spread toxic anything but will speak freely about whatever the topic is at hand, sometimes honesty isn't nice, but it's necessary.  I have earned the Diva in my name many times over, but not because I spread lies and toxic hate, it's because I speak my mind, sometimes too freely and harsh, but never out of ill will towards anyone.   I am stubborn yes, but I am not unreasonable.  You have been a good sport throughout this conversation and I commend you on your ability to be courteous despite my pokes. 

Good Chats! 

35 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

There absolutely has. Ive called you out on it before. I vividly remember you saying things about DE that were easily proven to be not true and were simply slanderous. 

I'm not spreading toxic lies, I am simply trying to look out for people and a healthy discussion because I do not believe you are truly capable of doing that based on my prior experience with dealing with you. 

I'm not claiming to be a saint. You have spoken ill about me publically though, I don't really care if you're directing it towards others or not. I don't even want to be going down this conversation but your toxicity and incredibly obnoxious and rude behaviour drives me to feeling the need to do so. 

You were not worthy of my time before and still remain unworthy now.  Anything that was said to you was because it was deserved and warranted.  I have never brought your name up in vane in any discussion that you were not already a part of.  You are hardly worth mentioning anywhere so enough untruths already, it's just not a good look!  You are NOT the morale compass to be telling me how to behave.  I am not the monster you like to portray me as so please stop this toxic vitriol you spread here.  Be a doll and run along!

You were not worthy of my time before and still remain unworthy now.  Anything that was said to you was because it was deserved and warranted.  I have never brought your name up in vane in any discussion that you were not already a part of.  You are hardly worth mentioning anywhere so enough untruths already, it's just not a good look!  You are NOT the morale compass to be telling me how to behave.  I am not the monster you like to portray me as so please stop this toxic vitriol you spread here.  Be a doll and run along!

Exactly the behaviour I have a problem with and part of what I have been calling out. Good job. 

I seriously don't want to get into this rabithole again, but you absolutely have spoken ill about me and it does NOT justify it just because I was part of the discussion, my name being present is not even remotely good justification to speaking ill of me (unless its explicitly about my name which I would understand), you can keep trying to justify your toxicity because your ego wont let you see your own S#&$ty behaviour but that's on you, not me.

And you're basically doing that again now. Saying I'm not worth mentioning, I'm unworthy of your time is exactly the type of behaviour I'm referencing and it is only a small part of it. 

Your behaviour is what's not a good look. Your entire comment before telling me I'm not a good look is not a good look. One of the things I've repeatedly tried to get you to realize is that a lot of your negative comments towards other people are actually perfect examples of your own S#&$ty behaviour, this is again one of those times. I'm not even telling you what to do, but here you are telling ME what to do while claiming that I'm the one doing that. Seriously, you need to take a hard, serious and long look at yourself. I don't understand how you can be so blind to your own behaviour. 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I only poke fun at the wanting of even more from your expedited fissures and surely you can see the humor in your request too, I hope.  It's all just silly banter about something trivial and I think you realize that by now.  I only ask that you form your own opinion of me without listening to the blatant lies and untruths from this Necro person.

Honey, you called me a very very very sad, borderline pathetic person.  I don't think there is a person alive who would call that silly banter.  Take another read over the other responses as there were a few that agreed with you, yet they somehow avoided attacking me directly.  I don't need anyone else to help me form an opinion of you.  But just because my opinion of you isn't the highest doesn't mean we can't talk.  Healthy discussion is the only way to overcome differences of opinion and that's why I keep talking.  All for the hope of having a real conversation.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

I truly have no beef with you as a person but can't quite come to terms with your need for speed, at least your breakneck speed runs that are quite impressive for sure.  I only poke fun at the wanting of even more from your expedited fissures and surely you can see the humor in your request too, I hope. 

You don't need to come to terms with it.  You don't have to like it.  All you need to do is pretend its true.  Pretend there are people out there who take the speed of their gaming somewhat seriously.  A minority group yes, but not insignificant.  People who enjoy the challenge of going fast more than the joy of the game itself.  There is the premise of the post.  If you cant accept the premise then the post appears trivial and frivolous.  But if you can suspend your disbelief for just a moment and put yourself in my shoes, then take my points as they stand. 

• The missions take just over a minute
  • Playing in a group of 4 increases drops approximately 3 fold.
  • Time is spent to make sure that extra yellow enemies are killed if someone isn't at 10 (completely reasonable)
  • Time is spent waiting for extraction (annoying, but understandable)
  • some players need an excessive amount of more time after this wait because either the game screwed them over with spawning late, they skipped pickups on the way, or they were not prepared to move that fast (the issue at hand)
  • Waiting for these specific players makes the mission take 2-2.5 times as long
    • do I wait for them wasting 3 peoples time
    • do I leave and take the rewards and hope they have a better time next game
    • do I ask DE to do something, literally anything, no suggestions or biases, to protect these gamers from being left behind
  • Even if I were to wait 100% of the time, 50% of the time there are at least 2 other players that wont wait

If I were completely callous and self centered I would never have made this post and just continued leaving them behind.  But instead I seek a solution.  Some way to make life better for everyone.

18 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I don't understand how you can be so blind to your own behaviour. 

Sweetie what are you talking about,  I own up to my behavior, but you continue to spread lies, at least you know you'll get an honest response from me.  Keep spinning your web of deceit because it's all you have to say at this point.  You really should get another hobby, as the Forums don't really suit you, hmmm how about a Politician that seems to fit your character.  I'm sure Trump will be needing a qualified running mate, so I'm sure you can whip up some embellished resume to impress even him. 

Good Chats!

18 hours ago, Suspended7th said:

But just because my opinion of you isn't the highest doesn't mean we can't talk

Right back at you sweetie!  It doesn't take a statistician to realize that your topic is clearly not what most people would consider as something of critical importance to the general quality of life of the the average player, hence the low replies.  I know YOU think it's important but yes it's trivial, not trying to be mean, just keeping it real.  I commend you for taking the time to post about it and maybe someday it will come to fruition for you, allowing you to whiz through fissures at lightning speeds with a cornucopia of choices to reward you when you reach extraction.  My only concern is what will you do after you get all your prizes so quickly because of any changes?  What will there be for anyone to do if everyone will be able to solo fissures and get whatever prizes they want all the faster?  I wish you all the best in your endeavors to procure prime parts with whatever speed you desire to make you happy!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Sweetie what are you talking about,  I own up to my behavior, but you continue to spread lies, at least you know you'll get an honest response from me.  Keep spinning your web of deceit because it's all you have to say at this point.  You really should get another hobby, as the Forums don't really suit you, hmmm how about a Politician that seems to fit your character.  I'm sure Trump will be needing a qualified running mate, so I'm sure you can whip up some embellished resume to impress even him. 

You do not. You do the things you try and call other people out for even when they're not doing it and you have literally done so in this very discussion (look back to where you simultaneously claimed I was telling you what to do when I wasn't, while you told me what to do) And you do not admit that you're doing it. If you own up to your behaviour then own up to your slander, your toxicity, your obnoxiousness, your general nonsense, your general bullS#&$, pretty much all I see from you is more bullS#&$ pretty much any time anyone calls you out for something. 

No, nothing I said is lies and the fact that you don't realize your lies just reinforces my point as far as I'm concerned. I have seen you make genuinely slanderous comments about DE that were easily disproven with a quick google search. I called you out on this and you still didn't own up to your slander. 

Blah blah blah blah more stupid nonsense from you. Just goes to show how ridiculous your way of thinking is and how unaware of your own behaviour you really are. 

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

It doesn't take a statistician to realize that your topic is clearly not what most people would consider as something of critical importance to the general quality of life of the the average player, hence the low replies.  I know YOU think it's important but yes it's trivial, not trying to be mean, just keeping it real.  I commend you for taking the time to post about it and maybe someday it will come to fruition for you, allowing you to whiz through fissures at lightning speeds with a cornucopia of choices to reward you when you reach extraction.  My only concern is what will you do after you get all your prizes so quickly because of any changes?  What will there be for anyone to do if everyone will be able to solo fissures and get whatever prizes they want all the faster?  I wish you all the best in your endeavors to procure prime parts with whatever speed you desire to make you happy!

A statistician would say this this is a minor but non-insignificant issue.  And the people that would complain about it are not on my side.  It would be silly of me to think that something might happen in regards to this.  In that regard you are 100% correct.  HOWEVER!  Change doesn't require a majority to be enacted.  If it did, then you and I would both be in a bit of a pickle.  Sometimes it takes a small group to make large changes, and I would never know if people are with me without asking publicly like I have.  And who knows, maybe there is an employee at DE who sees this and has a tiny bit of a think about it.  The new player experience is pretty important to the life of a game.  I can hope and dream, and no amount of telling me to delete my hopes and dreams because they seem trivial will make me do so.

To address your concern.  I play about 3 games simultaneously.  Call it a diversification of my limited time.  All I want is to get the cosmetics, something I could skip if its too tedious, in place of getting important things in other games.  And when you work a 40 hour work week you don't necessarily have time for the crazy long grind.  What I do have is enough time to play all the games that I enjoy for the necessities.  I am blessed with an amazing BF who takes care of the food while I take care of the majority of the bills so I have more time than most in my position.  So when I am forced to go at half speed for a grind that already takes hours I get a little agitated.  I have been playing this game since the open beta in 2013 when the game wasn't even on Steam (was broke in college and couldn't afford a founder pack).  A shorter grind isn't going to sway me away from the game.  Will it sway others to quit, sure I'll give you that.  I only ever have things to do when new content drops or an event is active, but I am still here.  If you play this game long enough you will inevitably run out of things to grind for.  But if a new player is just starting their grind and are constantly being left behind they probably will not reach that point and will quit earlier.  In the grand scheme of things this boils down to the difference between 8 hours of grinding solo if it is made more efficient, 12 hours of grinding with the loss of a few players that stop playing from being left behind, and 16 hours of grinding while waiting for other players.  My personal opinion is that it should be changed to avoid this.  The only way to avoid this without a change is to convince around 3-5% of the community that waiting is important.  A group of gamers that never visit the forums, play solo 90% of the time to not have to deal with it, decide to save their own time instead of sparing others, do whatever it takes to increase speed and efficiency, and are highly devoted to getting everything.  

I understand your opinion.  I don't know what I want done about this; in my initial post I stated as such.  I really like the idea proposed by others of being able to put up more than one relic when playing solo, but only being able to select one reward.   4x the cost of entry with 3x the potential reward.  In the long run it loses time because you have to farm for the relics, but in the short term when you want to just play solo you don't have to worry about other players.  I am also concerned about the balance of the game and don't think it should be equally as efficient.  I just believe that it should be better than 1/3 of that of playing in a group.  I personally think that 1/2 would be much more appropriate, but that's just my opinion.  I also stated that finding groups doesn't really work either.  I have tried that and have run into the same problems except you cant leave the group without looking like an ungrateful jerk.  Having a good clan or friends really only works if they are grinding the same thing (good luck convincing them to farm with you for 5-6 hours if they don't need the same thing).  As I see it, only a change to the system will be a positive change.  And if it is too trivial of an issue, then it doesn't matter what I do and I should stop caring about the new players because it is going to happen regardless.  If the community disagrees then so be it.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry but that's are hard nope!  But props for the try!
Good Chats!

If you can't realize your nonsense then you're a genuine fool. You literally just claimed to own up to your behaviour, then spurted ridiculous nonsense and then say its a "hard nope" when I call it out for the nonsense it is. Your nonsense isn't even worth giving the props for trying. You are ridiculous. 

Terrible 'chats' really. If you think having a blatant disregard for your S#&$ty behaviour while acting the way you do is a 'good chat' then I don't know if there's anything I can say to change your perspective because I feel it is so blatantly obvious that you would have to be a blind fool to not realize it at this point. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

If you can't realize your nonsense then you're a genuine fool. You literally just claimed to own up to your behaviour, then spurted ridiculous nonsense and then say its a "hard nope" when I call it out for the nonsense it is. Your nonsense isn't even worth giving the props for trying. You are ridiculous. 

Terrible 'chats' really. If you think having a blatant disregard for your S#&$ty behaviour while acting the way you do is a 'good chat' then I don't know if there's anything I can say to change your perspective because I feel it is so blatantly obvious that you would have to be a blind fool to not realize it at this point. 

Oh the irony, here you are trash talking me with posts filled with profanity, derogatory terms, and untruths and yet you are the victim here.  You are the one attacking me from the get go with nothing but demoralizing rhetoric and lies about me when their was no need for it.  You started gossiping about me immediately with your first couple of posts when there was absolutely NO NEED so please stop this poppycock victim diatribe as it's a load of Kavat manure!  

Good day to you!

Oh the irony, here you are trash talking me with posts filled with profanity, derogatory terms, and untruths and yet you are the victim here.  You are the one attacking me from the get go with nothing but demoralizing rhetoric and lies about me when their was no need for it.  You started gossiping about me immediately with your first couple of posts when there was absolutely NO NEED so please stop this poppycock victim diatribe as it's a load of Kavat manure!  

Good day to you!

You are ridiculous. You pretty much started in this post by attacking someone else, so I find it ironic that you're even saying this, as well as basically telling them how to play the game (return to note about you claiming I'm telling YOU what to do and my point about how you repeatedly ignore the fact that your arguments are often better said about your own behaviour). Seriously, you are ridiculous. Get over the fact that I'm swearing, it's not an insult, it's censored, and it pales in comparison to your direct insults and petty obnoxious behaviour. You are so unbelievably unaware of your own bullS#&$ and your own arguments that it's actually comical.

It is not lies, you simply cannot admit your faults, which is evident by you saying you own up to your behaviour, wrongfully accuse me of something you're doing and you still are yet to own up to your bullS#&$. It's not gossip to call you out for exactly the things that you do, especially when you yourself are doing the things you are trying to call out.  

You may feel like there is no need (maybe because you don't like being called out for your S#&$ty behaviour), but I absolutely do, because you are a rude, obnoxious, slanderous person, and I was simply looking out for someone else who might be putting more effort, thought and energy into a discussion than I believe they will ever truly get from you because of your behaviour and lack of awareness of it. 

I genuinely can't believe how unaware of your own behaviour you can be at this point. 

1 hour ago, Suspended7th said:

A statistician would say this this is a minor but non-insignificant issue.  And the people that would complain about it are not on my side.  It would be silly of me to think that something might happen in regards to this.  In that regard you are 100% correct.  HOWEVER!  Change doesn't require a majority to be enacted.  If it did, then you and I would both be in a bit of a pickle.  Sometimes it takes a small group to make large changes, and I would never know if people are with me without asking publicly like I have.  And who knows, maybe there is an employee at DE who sees this and has a tiny bit of a think about it.  The new player experience is pretty important to the life of a game.  I can hope and dream, and no amount of telling me to delete my hopes and dreams because they seem trivial will make me do so.

To address your concern.  I play about 3 games simultaneously.  Call it a diversification of my limited time.  All I want is to get the cosmetics, something I could skip if its too tedious, in place of getting important things in other games.  And when you work a 40 hour work week you don't necessarily have time for the crazy long grind.  What I do have is enough time to play all the games that I enjoy for the necessities.  I am blessed with an amazing BF who takes care of the food while I take care of the majority of the bills so I have more time than most in my position.  So when I am forced to go at half speed for a grind that already takes hours I get a little agitated.  I have been playing this game since the open beta in 2013 when the game wasn't even on Steam (was broke in college and couldn't afford a founder pack).  A shorter grind isn't going to sway me away from the game.  Will it sway others to quit, sure I'll give you that.  I only ever have things to do when new content drops or an event is active, but I am still here.  If you play this game long enough you will inevitably run out of things to grind for.  But if a new player is just starting their grind and are constantly being left behind they probably will not reach that point and will quit earlier.  In the grand scheme of things this boils down to the difference between 8 hours of grinding solo if it is made more efficient, 12 hours of grinding with the loss of a few players that stop playing from being left behind, and 16 hours of grinding while waiting for other players.  My personal opinion is that it should be changed to avoid this.  The only way to avoid this without a change is to convince around 3-5% of the community that waiting is important.  A group of gamers that never visit the forums, play solo 90% of the time to not have to deal with it, decide to save their own time instead of sparing others, do whatever it takes to increase speed and efficiency, and are highly devoted to getting everything.  

I understand your opinion.  I don't know what I want done about this; in my initial post I stated as such.  I really like the idea proposed by others of being able to put up more than one relic when playing solo, but only being able to select one reward.   4x the cost of entry with 3x the potential reward.  In the long run it loses time because you have to farm for the relics, but in the short term when you want to just play solo you don't have to worry about other players.  I am also concerned about the balance of the game and don't think it should be equally as efficient.  I just believe that it should be better than 1/3 of that of playing in a group.  I personally think that 1/2 would be much more appropriate, but that's just my opinion.  I also stated that finding groups doesn't really work either.  I have tried that and have run into the same problems except you cant leave the group without looking like an ungrateful jerk.  Having a good clan or friends really only works if they are grinding the same thing (good luck convincing them to farm with you for 5-6 hours if they don't need the same thing).  As I see it, only a change to the system will be a positive change.  And if it is too trivial of an issue, then it doesn't matter what I do and I should stop caring about the new players because it is going to happen regardless.  If the community disagrees then so be it.

I appreciate your honesty and candor about your particular issue.  I get where you are coming from and can relate more than you know to your plight so please accept my sincere apology as I don't think you are borderline pathetic, more just trying to make the game work a little smoother for you and others and see that now after your novella, which I appreciate your effort to explain in depth, your position.  Like I said before, I can be sassy and stubborn, but am not unreasonable, despite those that want you to believe I am the devil incarnate.  I guess I just have different concerns about the game then what you want but that doesn't make your desires any better or worse, just different, which is totally fine with me.  Thank you for enlightening me about your topic as I never really thought about it until now.  Continue on with your quest and may it one day make things better for all players!

Edited by (XBOX)sinamanthediva
grammar correction

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

High School Film GIF

This isn't my first rodeo cupcake, but you do you!

I'm done with you for now. I've used pretty much all the energy I've allocated towards you, I've said enough as it is and you wont listen to me so it is a waste of my energy to continue at this point. I will not "bring it" because I already brought it.

On 2023-08-28 at 9:57 AM, Suspended7th said:

My ethical dilemma is waiting for players that did not get enough void traces to crack their relic.  What do you do in this situation?  Do you be a good person and wait?  Most of the time this takes either an extra 120 seconds because they are just not keeping up, or as awful as an extra 360 seconds if no more enemies are spawning and they joined in progress.  Extracting without them saves you nearly an entire mission worth of time, but drops your chances from 67% to 56%.  But it has the moral side effect of giving that player nothing just because they joined in progress or are new to the game.  A player you will likely never see again, or at best see again once or twice.  

if they're too slow too bad they have an entire minute of dead corpses infront of them, the best you can do to help is kill more fissured enemies for them (if that works)

On 2023-08-28 at 10:32 AM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Seriously Bro lay off the caffeine and SLOW DOWN a bit.  Life isn't about how fast we can get through it, so maybe stop and smell the flowers along the way, instead of how fast can get the latest shiny that DE is dangling in front of you.  If you got the shiny too quickly then you would have nothing to do in this game, so just let the game do what it is supposed to do, and that is entertain you.  This whole post is showcasing just how little patience you have and that everything revolves around you getting a shiny quickly, which to be blunt, is just really really really sad, borderline pathetic.  Take what shred of digni9ty you have and delete this post before anyone else has to read this mess showcasing the definition of "impatient" and "self-centered."

My issue with relics is more Void traces when solo, The next issue with relics would be obtaining axi and meso relics, Then there's Requiem relics too little to start then too big to farm via lack of Voidtraces

So main issue Voidtraces 7-35 per "drop"

You might say play with a squad, No

Get a Resource booster, One should not require a booster to get more than 7

Then dragon keys require Voidtraces to a unlimited extent, Necroloid requires like 700, then a few other things but mostly relics

Stop being rhetorical while goodbying someone

Sincerely Gordon and No one specific

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89
OneofMany
  • Like 2

On 2023-08-29 at 12:07 AM, Suspended7th said:

You are probably right, they do not deserve this amount of energy.  But sometimes I feel like hypocrites deserve to have someone pointing things out to them that they somehow cant see for themselves.

If you spend any amount of time on these forums you'll learn that user is one that should totally be ignored.  Not only for the text of their posts, but for the totally unnecessary and childish usage of memes/gifs/etc.  And the least genuine ending line probably ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

If you spend any amount of time on these forums you'll learn that user is one that should totally be ignored.  Not only for the text of their posts, but for the totally unnecessary and childish usage of memes/gifs/etc.  And the least genuine ending line probably ever.

Sometimes the best solution to childishness is patience.  Ironic that I was being put down for being impatient yet somehow was patient enough to get them to actually say why they disagree.  It also helps that I love arguing with people when I am right.  Say what you will about this individual, but I think I convinced them that their initial post was mega toxic and got them to talk like an adult.  Whether their opinion about the original topic is right or wrong was never the issue.  Just that they were being cringe.  Who knows.  Maybe it will help in the future.  I like to think everyone can learn to be mature and state their opinions without personal attacks if they are given enough encouragement to do so.  They are clearly very good at being polite and encouraging to anyone who shares their opinions.  Just needs to work on the dissenting ones.  We all go through this phase at some point, myself included, It just takes us different amounts of time to get out of it.

1 hour ago, Suspended7th said:

Say what you will about this individual, but I think I convinced them that their initial post was mega toxic and got them to talk like an adult.

I'm not sure and I don't want to assume, but I may have helped here too, by funnelling his toxicity more towards me than the post lol. 

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

I'm not sure and I don't want to assume, but I may have helped here too, by funnelling his toxicity more towards me than the post lol. 

Ya know.  I thought about that too.  There is a good possibility you are correct, but even if it wasn't genuine it happened.  And that still counts in my book.  Its like smiling.  When you are happy, you smile.  But science has proved the opposite is true; if you smile it makes you happy.  Just going through the motions of having to do it is a good step in my book.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suspended7th said:

Ya know.  I thought about that too.  There is a good possibility you are correct, but even if it wasn't genuine it happened.  And that still counts in my book.  Its like smiling.  When you are happy, you smile.  But science has proved the opposite is true; if you smile it makes you happy.  Just going through the motions of having to do it is a good step in my book.

Yeah, totally fair perspective. And I feel the need to say that I'm not trying to take away from your discussion or your efforts, and I do feel the need to apologize for derailing it, even if I feel justified in my comments. 

• Like 1