Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I heard zephyr is good for steel path, how?

MaxTunnerX

Il y a 2 heures, Hexerin a dit :

Once upon a time, maybe? Turbulence has redirected beam weapons for as long as I can remember. It even shows beam redirection in the preview video.

I was talking about inconsistencies : not all lasers, but some : Orokin lasers, Sentient lasers, some boss beams... There is no reason some are deflected and others not.

Il y a 2 heures, Hexerin a dit :

The only things it can't redirect are things that affect a zone/area, such as the blast radius of an explosion. This is why higher than neutral range is important for her, so that enemy weapons that have AoE components on their impact (Grineer Napalms, for example) will detonate away from Zephyr.

Ignis won't be deflected, but Hyeka master fire beam will (inconsistency).

Neutral range is more than enough to protect you : more than this is nice to protect defense targets or team mates, but even with full range, till the bug with tornados is not completely fixed (it's not as bad as before and it happens less often, but it's still there), you'll need to keep away from tornados to prevent being hit from bugged projectiles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to speak but then there would be hotfixes against exploits again.

I'm sorry.

Joking aside, give her Combat Discipline, Jet Stream, Equilibrium, Rolling Guard, Primed Flow (or two archon shards), Primed Continuity, Blind Rage, Umbral Intensify and Archon Stretch. Equip Arcane Energize and Arcane Avenger. Casting speed and health regeneration shards will help a lot. 

The best weapons are by far non-beam shotguns with high crits and status modded for viral and Hunter Munitions, in particular Boar Prime Incarnon (primary fire only) and Kuva Heck, also Basmu as an assault rifle is incredibly powerful thanks to the mysterious interaction between tornados and electricity procs (which may break them though) as they boost the damage of bleed exponentially. Replace her 1st ability with Roar if you're going to high levels, even level cap 9999. If  you're killing too fast and combat discipline is a problem that Equilibrium can't counterbalance enough, use Vazarin and Magus Repair. Last tip, if you replace Primed Flow with two blue archon shards, then I recommend Vigorous Swap. Hold your 4th to spawn stationary tornadoes wherever you wish, this is mandatory when camping in survival missions. Place them at a distance at intersections to keep spawns high without line of sight.

And don't ever mod for gas, or else your tornadoes will immediately stop redirecting damage due to the dumbest hidden feature she has.

Press 1 to fly which gives you more crits due to her passive (weapons gain 150% crit chance while airborne)

Hold 2 to gather enemies, tho this ability is replaced by terrify on my build

Press 3 to enter god mode (bullets cant hit you, but aoe/melee can)

Press 4 to CC and deal more damage to enemies, you may want to hold it for stationary tornado

On 2023-08-31 at 7:11 AM, MaxTunnerX said:

So Ive tested the turbulence in SP and it still works flawlessly, pretty revolutionary actually. However, the damage output still sucks (talking about grineer on SP adaro). Zephyr seems to only add that crit chance and like group enemies together but not actually do any damage.

in a Mission where you're moving, the 'main strategy' with Zephyr will be to toss Airburst as you enter the Room to pile up as many Enemies as possible in one spot, then Cast Tornado and they should generally Spawn on that pile of Enemies - then shoot into your Tornadoes to exponentially Multiply all of your Damage and Status.

not only does it turn a bullet into an AoE, but if the Tornadoes are on top of each other or near each other, you can hit them all with your shots, turning a double Damage into octuple Damage. the Funnel Clouds Augment can make this even more extreme, however their usage is a little more niche.
part of the strength comes from that it takes all of your incoming Stats, so if you were to shoot once, and that shot was a Crit, that applied a DoT? now all of the Enemies touched by that Tornado got hit by that exact same thing. can be very powerful.

On 2023-09-24 at 5:07 AM, MaxTunnerX said:

So Ive tried the target fixation, it didnt really work. Technically it did, but to get any effect whatsoever I would have to ram my head into the floor and then jump around constantly like 10+ times or even until the end of the mission. Might as well just use 1 terrify to get better results damage-wise. Then I tried the air bust augment that was pretty neat, but only capped at 500% so not good enough. I also tried the tornadoes without augment and I couldnt see any effect. All this time I also had to keep turbulence on because as soon as it went out I was instantly dead. So far zephyr seems like too much effort and stress for little payout.

Target Fixation is definitely very niche. it's the sort of thing that you spam for the entire Mission, to stack it up to dealing Millions of Damage per hit. but you kinda gotta roleplay as a Pogostick, you won't really use your Weapons anymore because you're always spamming Divebomb.

it works best when there's always lots of Enemies around, which is usually stuff like Onslaught, but Steel Path also has pretty aggressive Spawns so that tends to work too.

also Zephyr doesn't really scale with Strength other than if you're using the Jetstream Augment - so having fairly high Range is the norm. this benefits every Ability.
that being said you wouldn't quite totally tank your Strength when using Target Fixation, since while you can stack the Multiplier of the Augment infinitely, it's a Multiplier of the Damage of the Ability 😁
the Multiplier gets huge, but you still want to have something to Multiply against. about neutral Strength would be more than plenty, or slightly reduced would still be pretty good. 0.4x Strength would weaken the Augment a little bit.

48 minutes ago, taiiat said:

in a Mission where you're moving, the 'main strategy' with Zephyr will be to toss Airburst as you enter the Room to pile up as many Enemies as possible in one spot, then Cast Tornado and they should generally Spawn on that pile of Enemies - then shoot into your Tornadoes to exponentially Multiply all of your Damage and Status.

not only does it turn a bullet into an AoE, but if the Tornadoes are on top of each other or near each other, you can hit them all with your shots, turning a double Damage into octuple Damage. the Funnel Clouds Augment can make this even more extreme, however their usage is a little more niche.
part of the strength comes from that it takes all of your incoming Stats, so if you were to shoot once, and that shot was a Crit, that applied a DoT? now all of the Enemies touched by that Tornado got hit by that exact same thing. can be very powerful.

Target Fixation is definitely very niche. it's the sort of thing that you spam for the entire Mission, to stack it up to dealing Millions of Damage per hit. but you kinda gotta roleplay as a Pogostick, you won't really use your Weapons anymore because you're always spamming Divebomb.

it works best when there's always lots of Enemies around, which is usually stuff like Onslaught, but Steel Path also has pretty aggressive Spawns so that tends to work too.

also Zephyr doesn't really scale with Strength other than if you're using the Jetstream Augment - so having fairly high Range is the norm. this benefits every Ability.
that being said you wouldn't quite totally tank your Strength when using Target Fixation, since while you can stack the Multiplier of the Augment infinitely, it's a Multiplier of the Damage of the Ability 😁
the Multiplier gets huge, but you still want to have something to Multiply against. about neutral Strength would be more than plenty, or slightly reduced would still be pretty good. 0.4x Strength would weaken the Augment a little bit.

Thanks.