Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing back an old suggestion (now that auto-melee is being implemented)

JCMS130988

I don't know exactly how auto-melee is going to be implemented, but I'm guessing we'll be able to toggle the option to hold the button for continuous attacks on settings. This means we could tap the melee button for a quick attack or hold the button for a succession of attacks. However, this would leave some weapons (like sparring, daggers, dual daggers) on a weird middle ground where a single tap of the melee button causes you to hit 2 or 3 times. My suggestion (which I had made about a year ago) is to make so that those weapons instead hit ONCE per tap. Why? Well, because IMO it would feel more fluid, it would (ironically) feel faster, it would give you better control over your combos. And now that we'll have auto-melee there really is no reason to keep multi-hits per tap, if you think it's tiresome to tap the button many times you can just HOLD the button (I personally find that worse, but it's nice to have the option). And yes, this would make some stance combos a little longer than the average melee stance, but I don't think that should be a problem.

Also, it be nice if the devs make the conclave stances accessible outside of the conclave and just let us use them in regular PVE content.

Thanks

Edited by JCMS130988

19 minutes ago, JCMS130988 said:

Also, it be nice if the devs make the conclave stances accessible outside of the conclave and just let us use them in regular PVE content.

It could be interesting, though I think the damage multipliers on the combos would need adjustments for PvE, which is probably part of the reason why DE didn't make them usable outside PvP, besides that they'd have to make them obtainable in PvE.
Hopefully the PvE multipliers on combos would be better than the Assault Saw's stance combo multipliers (does 100-150% combos when most melee weapon stances have 300-550% dmg combos).

Yes, this makes sense. We wouldn't need multi-hit attacks when holding to attack will accomplish the same thing. I'm guessing it won't really change if this is just an accessibility toggle, though, if it will only automate the act of clicking.

13 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Yes, this makes sense. We wouldn't need multi-hit attacks when holding to attack will accomplish the same thing. I'm guessing it won't really change if this is just an accessibility toggle, though, if it will only automate the act of clicking.

I guess it depends on how they implement it 🤷‍♀️😅

18 minutes ago, Harutomata said:

It could be interesting, though I think the damage multipliers on the combos would need adjustments for PvE, which is probably part of the reason why DE didn't make them usable outside PvP, besides that they'd have to make them obtainable in PvE.
Hopefully the PvE multipliers on combos would be better than the Assault Saw's stance combo multipliers (does 100-150% combos when most melee weapon stances have 300-550% dmg combos).

The multipliers shouldn't be too hard to change from a coding perspective (which makes me wonder why they haven't streamlined them all to be more close)

About obtaining them in PvE, I wouldn't mind paying steel essence for them, but probably not the best option 😅