The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

quick thinking can fail ?

_Anise_

Question

I am just trying to gauge the viability of this mod, I figure it would be great against things that go through shields like toxin procs to eat at energy instead of killing me outright

in moderate content testing was ok, but I just tried in archron hunts

I found myself dead on the floor several times while being at over 600 energy

so what gives ? am I taking that much damage that quickly that its jumping past the mod entirely and omgwtfpwning me or what ?

edit:to answer my own question the wiki said exactly that, to "save energy" it will instantly down you, I dont know if this leapfrogs shieldgate ?

guess I need a way to get around surviving huge burst damage, I dont think its worth running this mod only for toxin

3 answers to this question

Sentients/archons tend to have the 1 shot kill. Also some corpus and grineer grenades simply 1 shot you if you are in their blast radius. 

Toxin`s con and pro is that its raw dmg and status tick both bypasses shield. So if raw toxin dmg is 10k, the tick will also do large ammount of dmg. So maybe answer is status clearance/immunity for seconds to have breathing room/chance to doge and reposition.

From the wiki:

" Quick Thinking is a mod that uses the Warframe's residual energy pool as an emergency buffer to prevent death whenever a player drops to 2 Health. "

" If a single attack is sufficiently strong enough to kill in one strike (i.e. damage value in excess of the total available health after armor damage reduction, plus the possible energy-converted buffer), the player will instead enter bleedout immediately and not lose any energy. This is to avoid wasting energy, as the player would've been killed regardless. "

So yes, your likely taking more damage than your combined hp / energy.

Archived