Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inability to lock native elemental damage.

Famecans

I would love to have composite element mods to lock native element weapons.
For example, when equipping the Radiation mod on [Thumna] the heat damage will be naturally isolated on Radiation.
This make builds easier to add single element mods like Cold or Toxin.
This saving slots for essential mods like fire rate and recoil reduction.
These new mods should look like this:

+60% Gas -60% Status Chance
+60% Blast -60% Status Chance
+60% Viral -60% Status Chance
+60% Corrosive -60% Status Chance
+60% Radiation -60% Status Chance
+60% Magnetic -60% Status Chance

Note: these are corrupted mods and cannot equip toguther.
Thanks for reading👍

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I do not think isolate means what you think it means.

Yep ok, I used a translation tool to generate the text and in my language "isolate" means: envelop, encapsulate, group, lock etc...😒

Basically I suggested that native damage needs to be locked into a combined element without spending 3 mod slots. In this case, the mods mentioned above will match the native element of the weapon.

12 minutes ago, Famecans said:

Basically I suggested that native damage needs to be locked into a combined element without spending 3 mod slots. In this case, the mods mentioned above will match the native element of the weapon.

I can see why it would be intended that way. In theory you would gain a stronger element by sacrificing extra mod slots. Obviously not all dual-mod elements are that strong, though.

• Like 1

I just want HCET to be remove. Make progenitor element as the first element and any second mod you add will combain with it. Innate element from weapon still uneffected and can be place after progenitor and mod. Current HCET system made everyone focus on radiation, magnetic and impact as progenitor since it's more versatile (the meta could be change anytime). I kinda regret had a toxin progenitor on some of my weapon since I'm limited to viral for primary (you had anyother way to proc viral now)

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I can see why it would be intended that way. In theory you would gain a stronger element by sacrificing extra mod slots. Obviously not all dual-mod elements are that strong, though.

In this case, my suggestion is for weapons like [Trumna] [Amprex] [Quelor] [New Incarnons] [Fire rate]... it is very expensive to have three slots to work [Primary Blight] [Primary Frostbite]. I know everyone will focus on viral but I'm looking at the exorbitant numbers of temporary critical damage in order to increase hunter munitions, viral damage increases damage to single enemies affected, [Primary Blight] [Primary Frostbite] increases weapon damage temporarily to any enemy.

I think -60% status chance is significant negative, maybe DE can just make two mods like Magnetic and Gas, these are enough to lock all elements. Idk

34 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

I just want HCET to be remove. Make progenitor element as the first element and any second mod you add will combain with it. Innate element from weapon still uneffected and can be place after progenitor and mod. Current HCET system made everyone focus on radiation, magnetic and impact as progenitor since it's more versatile (the meta could be change anytime). I kinda regret had a toxin progenitor on some of my weapon since I'm limited to viral for primary (you had anyother way to proc viral now)

Well, so far I don't have any problems with Kuva/Tenet, I'm farming a weapon from each element every build test. The valence system is very slow to maximize so it is more logical to have two weapons with different elements instead of combining two weapons which will depend on a third weapon/hunt to make the simple element change. Everyone says that element status is more useful than element damage so this seems like the way to go.