Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are wild kavats in the delrics in demios?

SirPaladin555

I ask this from a lore prespective,  not from a gameplay prespective.

Did the orokin have kavats on their ships and towers that just happened to outlive them and somehow survive on the derlics this whole time ? 

If that is the case that would explain why they are feral and look completely different from domestic kavats , they likely evolved to be more wild and bigger to survive.

Although it's hard to tell what they would have eaten,  maybe infested stuff or the plants that are found on non infested orokin towers. 

Additionally they look pretty similar to normal khora's venari ( not venari prime ) , not sure if that means anything but I think it's worth noting , and looks like master T's kavat from cetus.

Anyways what so you guys think ?

They eat the Infested. It's part of a dialog line from someone, I don't recall from who. The Moonless Kavats in the Derelict are probably like you say, a breed of Orokin pets that have been surviving all this time hunting the Infested that took over the ships and towers they were aboard. Deimos has Vulpaphyla, which aren't exactly Kavats.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

They eat the Infested. It's part of a dialog line from someone, I don't recall from who. The Moonless Kavats in the Derelict are probably like you say, a breed of Orokin pets that have been surviving all this time hunting the Infested that took over the ships and towers they were aboard. Deimos has Vulpaphyla, which aren't exactly Kavats.

True , the vulpaphyla if I understand correctly would be a convergant species to kavats , they are not genetically the same but evolved to looked and fill a similar ecological niche,  Same with the predasites 

Because I believe the vulpaphyla evolved in demios as just a random infested entity , though that begs the question on why it chooses to follow you if the infested are a hive mind , my guesses is either you attune it to the helminth strand ( the friendly kind ) or when it's cleansed by SON it losses its hive mind aspect too 

1 hour ago, SirPaladin555 said:

True , the vulpaphyla if I understand correctly would be a convergant species to kavats , they are not genetically the same but evolved to looked and fill a similar ecological niche,  Same with the predasites 

Because I believe the vulpaphyla evolved in demios as just a random infested entity , though that begs the question on why it chooses to follow you if the infested are a hive mind , my guesses is either you attune it to the helminth strand ( the friendly kind ) or when it's cleansed by SON it losses its hive mind aspect too 

other infested do attack them though.

Edit: in the wild

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

other infested do attack them though.

Edit: in the wild

True but it's shown infested canablize each other , fight each other and fight over territory in demios 

While they are a hive mind , demios is still an ecosystem and each organism still needs to eat , and in a landscape filled with other infested you have no choice but to canablize the weaker infested to survive,  baring the exception of the occasional grineer or Corpus ship that either crash or lands hoping for supplies 

Edited by SirPaladin555
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SirPaladin555 said:

I ask this from a lore prespective,  not from a gameplay prespective.

Did the orokin have kavats on their ships and towers that just happened to outlive them and somehow survive on the derlics this whole time ? 

If that is the case that would explain why they are feral and look completely different from domestic kavats , they likely evolved to be more wild and bigger to survive.

Although it's hard to tell what they would have eaten,  maybe infested stuff or the plants that are found on non infested orokin towers. 

Additionally they look pretty similar to normal khora's venari ( not venari prime ) , not sure if that means anything but I think it's worth noting , and looks like master T's kavat from cetus.

Anyways what so you guys think ?

It's a Red Dwarf reference

where the descendants of a cat smuggled aboard manage to survive thousands of years in the derelict ship.

• Like 1