Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery progression concern/query

Hexerin

Question

d6e8817576ab848cc8051be6c10357e3.jpg

If I subtract the two missions categories, my total mastery exp becomes nice and even at 1,131,200. However, the next rank mastery progression still doesn't become clean, sitting at 10,918. According to the wiki, every mastery rank requires an even exp value. Does anyone have any theories as to why this is this way?

Some additional context as to the "concern" part. While I only started playing again this year, my account itself is actually ancient. I had quite a few things mastered before mastery was a thing (equipment only had its rank, which IIRC was still called mastery even though it didn't do anything). The concern is that maybe things got broken when the mastery system was implemented and all my existing stuff was processed.

Edited by Hexerin

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

f I subtract the two missions categories, my total mastery exp becomes nice and even at 1,131,200. However, the next rank mastery progression still doesn't become clean, sitting at 10,918.

I believe you've made a calculation error here. Your total without the mission exp is 131200, which is 78800 away from the next mastery rank (1210000, from the wiki), and 44859 + your mission exp = 78800, so everything looks correct to me. Did you perhaps subtract a value somewhere instead of adding it?

19 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

d6e8817576ab848cc8051be6c10357e3.jpg

If I subtract the two missions categories, my total mastery exp becomes nice and even at 1,131,200. However, the next rank mastery progression still doesn't become clean, sitting at 10,918. According to the wiki, every mastery rank requires an even exp value. Does anyone have any theories as to why this is this way?

Some additional context as to the "concern" part. While I only started playing again this year, my account itself is actually ancient. I had quite a few things mastered before mastery was a thing (equipment only had its rank, which IIRC was still called mastery even though it didn't do anything). The concern is that maybe things got broken when the mastery system was implemented and all my existing stuff was processed.

The first thing I'd suggest doing is going into your profile, sorting your equipment by "progress", and seeing if there are any random partially mastered items hanging out. 

My next best suggestion is to use a manual mastery tracker and see if it lines up with your displayed results.

This one lets you toggle entire categories at once, then it's just a matter of walking down your profile in each category.

https://framehub.paroxity.net/

4 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

I believe you've made a calculation error here. Your total without the mission exp is 131200, which is 78800 away from the next mastery rank (1210000, from the wiki), and 44859 + your mission exp = 78800, so everything looks correct to me. Did you perhaps subtract a value somewhere instead of adding it?

Ah, yup, that's it. I took the mission exp (totaling 33,941) and subtracted it from the current mastery rank exp value (44,859). So 44,859 - 33,941 = 10,918 as mentioned in the OP. Got too caught up by the uneven values and miscalculated.