Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting energy should take total capacity into account

Hexerin

For those unaware, refer to this article:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Capacity#Formula

Your starting energy is based on a couple factors, the most important of which is how much mod capacity you have open. Due to this, completely polarizing your frame (so that every mod is half cost, which minimizes how much mod capacity you're using in your build) allows for a benefit of having more energy when you begin a mission. However, this doesn't take into account your total energy capacity, which I see as rather unfortunate.

So my proposal is thus: Adjust the starting energy formula to take into account total energy capacity in addition to the existing factors.

• [ Starting Energy + ( 5 * Free Mod Capacity ) ] * ( Energy Capacity / 200 )

28 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

this doesn't take into account your total energy capacity

You probably already know this, but several formulas have been realigned in the path that drops tomorrow.  

On 2023-09-28 at 12:02 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Vitality (+440% Heath), Redirection (+440%    Shields), Flow (+150%), and Steel Fiber (+110% Armor) come with large modifier values that don’t seem to match their outcome in-game. This is because these Mods apply their multiplier to the base stats of the Warframe -- i.e., the stats you have at Rank 0. In the Excalibur example, a Rank 30 Excalibur’s Health stat of 300 earns an additional 440 Health from max rank Vitality (+440% Heath) since it applies to his base rank Health stat of 100, resulting in 740 total health. 

In Abyss of Dagath, we want to remove this obfuscation by having Health, Shield, Energy, and Armor Mods apply to the stats of Warframes at their current rank. Continuing our Excalibur example, instead of Vitality always applying to Excalibur’s base rank 100 Health, it would apply to his Health stat based on his rank -- namely, the stat you can actually see in your Arsenal. If your Excalibur were Rank 30, his Health stat would be 300, which means Vitality’s multiplier would be calculated off of 300. 

If you combine the above adjusted formula with the tinkering DE did to starting energy earlier this year...

On 2023-02-15 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Connor said:

Also fixed incorrect calculation of Mod upgrade to Energy drain, which resulted in incorrect calculation of Energy players receive on spawn. 

...it suggests to me that the new starting energy will be indirectly affected by the stat overhaul.

That's just a speculation until the patch is released, of course.

10 minutes ago, Qriist said:

You probably already know this, but several formulas have been realigned in the path that drops tomorrow.  

If you combine the above adjusted formula with the tinkering DE did to starting energy earlier this year...

...it suggests to me that the new starting energy will be indirectly affected by the stat overhaul.

That's just a speculation until the patch is released, of course.

Funny that you should stop by this thread, considering you were technically the catalyst behind it. I've been tinkering with and translating pieces and concepts from your Gyre build for my purposes (I have to adjust things because I can't skip over stuff by using rivens, etc). In doing so, I've been reminded of how energy starved Gyre is at the start of missions. My existing build was also 127.5% duration and 45% efficiency, but I actually had more starting energy due to full polarization (still not enough to use both [3] and [4] of course).

• Like 1

i could perhaps see starting Energy scale as a Percentage of your total Capacity, i guess.

whatever we Spawn with now, uh, that's like 50, right - whatever Percentage that is of a lv30 100 base Energy Warframe, starting Energy could always be that Percentage of your Energy Capacity. so adding Flow would increase your starting Energy since your Capacity has risen.

(i have no feelings for or against this)

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Funny that you should stop by this thread, considering you were technically the catalyst behind it.

Aw that's pretty cool! :)

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I've been reminded of how energy starved Gyre is at the start of missions.

Once I collapse Gyre's two red shards into a single Tauforged red shard, I'm gonna drop an amber shard in the free slot. +30%/+45% extra energy on spawn goes a looong way towards smoothing out gameplay when you have a frame where you gotta activate every ability right off the bat. I installed one into several frames (Citrine, Octavia, Saryn, Titania, Xaku) for that very reason and the experience with each of them was night and day.

I just finished off Nezha's red Tauforged requirements so Gyre is up next! :D