Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why have I not seen this talked about?

(PSN)Cephalon_Chep

I’m going to actually try and make this short, Loki has a great passive and one good ability (invisibility) radial disarm is “aight” but definitely not befitting of a fourth ability in this state of the game and as for switch teleport and decoy there some replacing to do or extreme buffing

just leave his passive, invisibility, and i guess radial disarm alone and just tweak the other two ability slots and then he’ll fit right in(i have made a build/playstyle around his passive but not really his abilities if that lets you know just how good his passive is and just how lacking his abilities are

also can you update the Dark split-sword to have its stance change via heavy attack mid mission or is that impossible, there’s gotta be a way to make it a real weapon and not some tenno bloodborne-like weapon i ordered from shmamazon to hang in my wall stand

Decoy could be really useful but it needs some massive tweaks. Particularly it's health being so low it dies pretty much instantly in mid tier content. If it was just duration based I worry it would be too similar to Resonator, so maybe something more like give it a specific number of hits it can take like mesmer skin. On top of that have it blind any enemy that hits it. It's augment also really needs to not have the little caveat that damage it takes is dealt to you.

Switch teleport has some niche but great uses. It's very much an ability that rewards you for creativity, and is practically mandatory for plaguestar. I don't wanna see it replaced, but It could have an additional effect slapped onto it to make it a bit more interesting, like an enemy you switch with has a hologram of you imposed over them, and they become an agro target for other enemies. Which fits with the rest of his theme. Maybe have a synergy with decoy where if you switch with it it'll cause a radial blind at both locations

I personally find radial disarm to be really lackluster. it's basically a worse version of Nyx's Chaos, with the slight benefit of every enemy that comes out of it is now a mele enemy. Unlike teleport I can never find a good use for it outside of defense missions, which I have about 20 other frames I'd rather take to a defense than Loki. It feels dated. If it stripped armor too then that would be something. Then maybe the enemies could put a dent in eachother.

Invisibility is perfect.

On 2023-10-25 at 10:26 AM, PollexMessier said:

Particularly it's health being so low it dies pretty much instantly in mid tier content.

Just put it in an inaccesible point for enemies, not in the middle of them.

On 2023-10-25 at 10:26 AM, PollexMessier said:

If it was just duration based I worry it would be too similar to Resonator

You put it exactly the opposite as Resonator/Mallet. With those you want them to be visible by all enemies from everywhere. 

Unless you run this: 

Edited by Zakkhar

9 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Just put it in an inaccesible point for enemies, not in the middle of them.

You put it exactly the opposite as Resonator/Mallet. With those you want them to be visible by all enemies from everywhere. 

Unless you run this: 

Quite an interesting use of decoy but the problem with decoy is mainly duration but too much and it becomes 0-100 real quick like i think there’s an augment that teleports you to the decoy’s location when you take lethal damage so you could just throw that there and have fun but not enough duration and would it really be worth the trouble? Probably but I’m not a big fan of augments fixing abilities, been like that ever since they made ability mods into built in warframe skills

On 2023-10-25 at 3:26 AM, PollexMessier said:

Decoy could be really useful but it needs some massive tweaks. Particularly it's health being so low it dies pretty much instantly in mid tier content. If it was just duration based I worry it would be too similar to Resonator, so maybe something more like give it a specific number of hits it can take like mesmer skin. On top of that have it blind any enemy that hits it. It's augment also really needs to not have the little caveat that damage it takes is dealt to you.

Switch teleport has some niche but great uses. It's very much an ability that rewards you for creativity, and is practically mandatory for plaguestar. I don't wanna see it replaced, but It could have an additional effect slapped onto it to make it a bit more interesting, like an enemy you switch with has a hologram of you imposed over them, and they become an agro target for other enemies. Which fits with the rest of his theme. Maybe have a synergy with decoy where if you switch with it it'll cause a radial blind at both locations

I personally find radial disarm to be really lackluster. it's basically a worse version of Nyx's Chaos, with the slight benefit of every enemy that comes out of it is now a mele enemy. Unlike teleport I can never find a good use for it outside of defense missions, which I have about 20 other frames I'd rather take to a defense than Loki. It feels dated. If it stripped armor too then that would be something. Then maybe the enemies could put a dent in eachother.

Invisibility is perfect.

Invisibility is perfect. Everyone can agree on that radial disarm is alright i would put it in the 3rd slot personally decoy needs a lot of work and precise tuning and switch tele is mainly where we find different ground, it’s good and yes if it weren’t for the game not working switch tele would be less useful than it is now when paired with invis its fine but the problem lies when by chance if you switch tele without it you are dead the enemies lock onto your new position instantly and seeing as most loki’s aren’t tanky that results in death without shield gating or fast reflexes i just feel like yea it’s fun but could probably be much better even a new ability to replace for his ultimate ability otherwise radial disarm stays his 4th