The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto translator for chat

Bakardi8

When the 1st online rpg was made available for console, they used a system allowing players to communicate with anyone in the world, you could construct sentences that were premade such as "where you from?" ,  "Hello" and many others that you would select and the game would automatically translate to all players in squad, they dedicated time to translate as many blocks of text as possible, so your imagination was the limit really, the text was easy to access and in some cases faster than a keyboard, you have to admit for someone using a Dpad this was great at the time.

Now, i don't expect that to be the case here and i doubt any sort of automatic translation would work properly, it could even give rise to simple missunderstandings.

I'm not in favor or against it, i don't know how my experience would be impacted by it as i hardly play with anyone that speaks other than english.

• Like 1

It would be very broken at best, many languages don't translate very well at all with algorithms. And in this specific case it would require players to communicate with full constructed sentences which is not realistic in a video game chat tbh. In principle it's a great idea but in practice I can't imagine it working.

So yeah it would be broken at best and easily considered a waste of time and money by any developer.

• Like 1