Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculations About Frohd Bek's Motives

DJ_Redwire

Between his rather dry jokes about Alad's situation and constant "Neener neener neeeneeerr" attitude, he has become both annoying and likable. But what exactly drove him to this state of disdain for Aladv? Based on what he's said so far, I believe it to be something locked away in the psyche of Mr. Bek, a summation of past events perhaps. And when I say events, I'm referring to Frohd's adolescence. Here is my theory:

Back at the Corpus academy, Alad and Frohd were very good friends. They spent all their time together, doing calculus, smuggling nanojuana into the school and selling it at inflated prices, stealing all the Infested Flakes and Greedy Milk from the breakfast line before anyone else could have them, and all the fun things young Corpus boys do. 

Then all that changed when the Economics fair came along during their Junior year. Aladv devised the most ingenious business plan for the fair, and showed it off to his friend Frohd. Frohd was very jealous and really wanted that grand prize of the golden Raptor action figure. He stole Alad's design and used it for is own. When the fair had finished and Frohd won, Alad saw that Frohd had stolen his design. He vowed for revenge.

Next year was Senior year. Alad and Frohd had since parted ways and were no longer friends. Alad however, was always watching Frohd, trying to find an opportunity to exact his revenge. As the winter session approached, he found his chance. He had heard that Frohd was going to try out for the Corpus Tech Basketball team (because those guys are effing tall). Alad, being the schemer he is, came up with a prank to ruin Frohd's chance of making the team. He lined the sole of Frohd's shoes with a metal coating. Later when practice was starting and it was Frohd's turn to make some layups, Alad hid behind the bleachers and waited for the right time. When Frohd was dribbling across the court, Alad tossed a tesla behind the ball rack when Frohd was going for the hoop. The tesla shocked Frohd and turned his legs to jelly. He stumbled across the court and missed the shot wildly. All the other Corpus Techs started laughing at Frohd, and he became the joke of the school till they graduated.

Some how Frohd knew Alad was behind it, and promised he'd get Alad back one day. The end.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

• 1 month later...

Interesting, I just kinda saw his motivation as being a $&*^.  What with his $&*^ish commentary and the $&*^ like way he approached things.  I mean let's face throwing a peer to the wolves (good business or not) is a $&*^ move and in general you'd have to be a real $&*^ to sic tenno on someone.

so yeah:

Frohd Bek in the running for solar systems $&*^ of the Year.