Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could you nerf subsumed Thermal Sunder more please?

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The biggest problem with that example is that, outside of this specific content which is barely a fraction of what the rest of the game has to offer, neither Volt nor Rubico are broken.

Ok so you understand now that the issue with the 'Meta' is that thats how the rest of the game is designed, now imagine if there were gamemodes where killing everything wasn't the goal and you have things like stop enemy from going to X location or whatever.

Oh wait, we DID and while there was also a meta of people killing everything there was also a separate meta of using CC that they then killed with Overguard and thus pushing people EVEN MORE into damage and big AoEs.

Like you said it yourself that's it due to the game being designed that way that just because it's good/broken in Content A it's not that good in other contents. Cool, then make more of things that are like Content A if you want players to 'diversify'. 

However, letting players keep their meta of a very small handful of frames and abilities while ignoring everything else as sub-optimal, you're effectively stifling player choice as nothing else matters.

So ask them why they feel the need to pick the META. You'll see things like "Failing the mission means losing everything" "Killing is literally the only thing that advances the game" "We have to do this several times in a row" or "Other options that could've been as good if a bit slower has been gutted" and then work on that so that players actually has a choice.

Like yeah, no duh that something that isn't Titania Thermal Sunder could be just as good in Relic Cracking, but when you have to crack let's say 50 Relics for something, you'd want to pick the option that lets you don't in 30 seconds instead of a 1 minute and a half.

That's an unrealistic example and you know it. Nobody in their right mind is willingly going to play the worst of everything outside of some weird challenge they put upon themselves.

No of course it's not an unrealistic examples unless you admit that there are OBJECTIVELY sup-optinal equipment in the game that shave down time from Hours (An MK-1 Braton) to even minutes (Phenmore or Felarx) in a game where you'd be repeating the same mission several times over.

Like yeah maybe the Felarx and Phenmor are viable. But guess what, viable means jack when I have to run Exterminate 20 hundred times to get at best a Prime Part with a 2% chance drop or at worst just ducat farming.

buff the arcane drop chances to account for it.

Oh please, you and me know that DE would never do that.

You could just do what everyone who wants to get away from starchart strats do. Just do an endless you like while going to level cap or play solo. I know some who have said they do either due to not tolerating it for some reason. However, I don't really care what other people are doing to enjoy the game that being said. Expecting a fast-paced ARPG to not go with the strongest option to make barely tolerable game modes more tolerable is pretty foolish. Slow paced ARPGs like dark souls, monster hunter, or remnant I could understand, albeit even then you're not going to speedrun nor contribute as much as the top crafted setups.

• Like 1