Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don’t Do Pay To Skip

(PSN)Sci-Fi_Freak_YT

Listen I have been in this game for almost 2 years. I have finished almost every piece of content this game has to offer. And DE, PLEASE DONT DO PAY TO SKIP. Not just because I love the story but most importantly the precedent it will set and what effect it will have on new players. You will literally make the game pay to win. And if players do skip THEY WILL BE EVEN MORE CONFUSED! All because the content they are skipping HAS THE INFORMATION THEY NEED TO LEARN! I don’t have every solution but for starters lock solar rails only behind story quests, that way it is 1 simple obstacle for the player to overcome without making dozens of crappy tasks to finish for each one. That’s all I have to say, PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS.  

• Like 1

It's pretty obvious what DE's intentions are at this point. Apparently the solution isn't to make the grind up to the new content easier or more manageable, because that doesn't pad out your hours or "retain" players...

My goal at this point has been what it always was: help my new friends with the old grind. I'm definitely not going to expect them to be at new content immediately, and I am certainly going to tell them to pay to jump ahead.

Edited by Pakaku

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

uhm

the entire game has been built around 'pay to skip' for almost everything, since practically forever? not really anything new.

Umm what’s your proof of this because it certainly has not been outside of quests. If you’re also talking about buying new weapons & frames with real money. Just because they have that in the game doesn’t mean everyone taking advantage of it to skip the farm. Majority of the playerbase still farms for items

Edited by (XBOX)TheMadCash

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

Umm what’s your proof of this because it certainly has not been outside of quests. If you’re also talking about buying new weapons & frames with real money. Just because they have that in the game doesn’t mean everyone taking advantage of it to skip the farm. Majority of the playerbase still farms for items

while i don't like the idea of paying to skip quests, paying for a weapon is pay2skip, paying to rush the building of something is pay2skip. even if the majority of the players doesn't do it, that doesn't change what it is. 

if you could pay in COD to get an extra 20 kills onto the scoreboard and "win" the match, it'd be pay2win. most people wont do it because it's entirely unsatisfying, but that does not make it any less pay2win. 

warframe has *always* monetized largely on two fronts: pay2skip and pay2fashion. practically ALL of the platinum purchasable things fall under one of these two things. it's not considered pay2win only because all items you can "skip" the grind on can be grinded out in a reasonable time, it'd be pay2win if it took thousands of hours to get something but you can pay to get it now. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

it's always been present though, as a main part of the Business Model. expanding that farther over time was both expected and has been the turn of events since Update 8 where it really started.

i'm just saying it's more of the same design style that the game has had for longer than most People have even been playing for.

• Like 2