The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need suggestions for melee weapon for Voruna?

(PSN)FirmBizkit

Question

I’m trying to figure out a good melee for the Voruna build I’m playing. I’ve subsumed her 4 for Mesa’s 2 (shooting Gallery) so her damage mainly consists of her 1 and 2 for the status proc and stealth/crit multiplier.

Having played this for a while now it’s seeming like something with a strong heavy attack is going to produce the biggest nuke. However most heavy attack weapons and suggestions I’ve seen for other frames seem to focus purely on heavy attack spam or recommend glaives. I don’t think glaives are a weapon that will work for this because they are ranged and her 2 engages her in close combat?. This isn’t something I’m thinking I’m needing. So I think I need a “hybrid” weapon that I’ve seen mentioned a couple times in other weapon posts. 

1)Something with good normal attacks for quickly building combo.

2)Something with forced slash procs on the heavy attack and a sizeable amount of damage on the heavy attack.

3)Something that isn’t ugly or at least has a number of skins to choose from.

So far I have played with Praedos, Nephiri and Dorrclave. 

Out of those I have most liked Nephiri for it’s 4x 250% forced slash proc on heavy attack as well as its high normal attack base damage and its innate heat damage (a single stack of heat reduces 50% armor, really can’t go wrong with this and I don’t really need armor strip or viral application anyways). Unfortunately it really lacks the heavy attack damage like a lot of other weapons I’ve seen.

Im also not modding for any status effects. So pure slash and crit. Her 2 seems to be about a 50% chance of applying Viral (even though it should technically be lower) and with the goal being OHKO after immediately engaging with her 1 and 2 it doesn’t really leave a lot of room to apply status anyways

Some weapons I have seen are Hate and Reaper Prime. I don’t know much about the differences between these two. I have Hate but it isn’t built up.

Finally another reason I want a hybrid weapon is because I don’t (always) want to be engaging with heavy attacks. This dramatically complicates playing her having to constantly switch between her 2-3 passive in order to protect against status effects / heavy attack efficiency. So ideally I’d like to engage mostly with normal attacks but have the option of a strong heavy for strong targets/crowds

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

5 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Finally another reason I want a hybrid weapon is because I don’t (always) want to be engaging with heavy attacks. This dramatically complicates playing her having to constantly switch between her 2-3 passive in order to protect against status effects / heavy attack efficiency. So ideally I’d like to engage mostly with normal attacks but have the option of a strong heavy for strong targets/crowds

Voruna is perfect for an incarnon melee, due to her ability to preserve combo multiplier with the 3rd passive.  My favorite weapon for her so far has been the Praedos, but I imagine others would work as well.  I tend to camp in her first passive.  When combined with the Praedos' mobility enhancements and Voruna's 1 and 2, I am always at the front of the team, bouncing from foe to foe.  PSF takes care of my status needs, along with the occasional Helminthed Pillage.

I'd recommend an incarnon melee.  They're all decent to great.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Voruna is perfect for an incarnon melee, due to her ability to preserve combo multiplier with the 3rd passive.  My favorite weapon for her so far has been the Praedos, but I imagine others would work as well.  I tend to camp in her first passive.  When combined with the Praedos' mobility enhancements and Voruna's 1 and 2, I am always at the front of the team, bouncing from foe to foe.  PSF takes care of my status needs, along with the occasional Helminthed Pillage.

I'd recommend an incarnon melee.  They're all decent to great.

Hm yeah I guess I didn’t really look at the Stance on Praedos. The Heavy Attack is the same procs as the Dual Dagger but it does more damage. 

I’ll probably stick to Praedos then. I do like it and it does have a lot of nice QoL perks. I just kind of find it’s base form kind of ugly 😂

Voruna force procs Slash, forces crits and status and buffs melee damage - you can use absolutely any melee weapon whatsoever on her. You could literally use a rusty spoon with 0% critical hit chance, 1x critical hit damage and 0% status chance (the worst possible stats), Voruna would make it proc both Slash, and your modded element (Viral), and force it to crit, and kill level 9999 enemies.

Just pick whatever melee you like. Seriously.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Voruna force procs Slash, forces crits and status and buffs melee damage - you can use absolutely any melee weapon whatsoever on her. You could literally use a rusty spoon with 0% critical hit chance, 1x critical hit damage and 0% status chance (the worst possible stats), Voruna would make it proc both Slash, and your modded element (Viral), and force it to crit, and kill level 9999 enemies.

Just pick whatever melee you like. Seriously.

Do you mean the (possible) slash procs from her 2 or does her 2 force status of the weapon? What affects their damage? Ability strength? Because I’m running low strength. So if I could get stronger procs from a weapon it would be better.