The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Test Practice doesn't capture the difficulty of the actual test basically at all

(XBOX)Voltren Xytech

after failing the Mastery 28 Test it was painfully obvious that not only are the practice tests far easier than the real test, they also have FAR different spawns

i went through 9 practices tests to get a feel for not just the arena (screw you whoever put the last two canisters at such extremes that your almost guaranteed to fail if you go for them) but also the enemies that spawned which was just the usual assortment of base faction creatures with a few Eximus sprinkled in

the came the real test and.... 9 Blitz Eximus in the first 15 seconds... so none of my practiced tactics could work and i went down and failed....

why even have practice tests if its clearly rigged to throw the most absurd crap at you that you will never overcome unless you are insanely lucky

it was so bad that the practice was about ~10% Eximus, and the actual test was 75% Eximus... if your not gonna make these tests fair and coherent just get rid of them

the 24 hour wait time between tries is just spitting in the face of players who have already been screwed by the crappy RNG in something the shouldn't have RNG in the first place

Edited by (XBOX)Voltren Xytech

1. Grouping tool. I used Nidus. It also help he can take some hits and regens.

2. Strong melee. Or any properly built melee really. I showcased this challenge not a long ago with simple Ohma.

Eximus or not everything just evaporates.

Tactics: Do not pick canisters before you get the enemy grouped and set up. Once you pick one you have a very short window to throw it (or the timer runs out). Use operator dash to move fast between platforms.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

the came the real test and.... 9 Blitz Eximus in the first 15 seconds... so none of my practiced tactics could work and i went down and failed....

That sucks.  It sounds like a bug though.  That many eximus probably should not be spawning during the course of the test, let alone immediately.

hace 2 horas, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech dijo:

after failing the Mastery 28 Test it was painfully obvious that not only are the practice tests far easier than the real test, they also have FAR different spawns

i went through 9 practices tests to get a feel for not just the arena (screw you whoever put the last two canisters at such extremes that your almost guaranteed to fail if you go for them) but also the enemies that spawned which was just the usual assortment of base faction creatures with a few Eximus sprinkled in

why even have practice tests if its clearly rigged to throw the most absurd crap at you that you will never overcome unless you are insanely lucky

it was so bad that the practice was about ~10% Eximus, and the actual test was 75% Eximus... if your not gonna make these tests fair and coherent just get rid of them

the 24 hour wait time between tries is just spitting in the face of players who have already been screwed by the crappy RNG in something the shouldn't have RNG in the first place

I doit a run with frost (there are better options) and vazarin pull. The only problem that I find with the 28 mastery mission is that it has high eximus spawn but it is possible finish it.

you can test with vauban work just fine.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings, Add text , add video

ive been using Nidus for his Larva pull ability and an absolutely absurd amount of range, the other problem i run into is because its a mastery test and the throwing mechanic was clearly never tested by an actual player, you constantly get stuck in a power attack when you mean to throw, because the game just defaults to the melee when your holding the thermia and parkouring 

and because he doesn't have shields i can use rage to ,make up for the fact Energy doesn't drop during the test basically at all

edit: it really is just a situation of it being a test all about crowd control, and DE screwing up and changing how Crowd Control works without thinking of how badly it will break the Mastery Tests

got lucky and for this try they didn't spawn any Blitz Eximus, but they really need to revisit the Mastery Tests, because they screwed up a lot of them over the years with the massive sweeping changes to core mechanics

frankly there shouldn't have been any Eximus at all during that test...

kind of like that stealth one a while back that gave all the enemies Omnipotence and the ability to hear any sound you made, yet disabled all your powers.... you would get failed the second you stepped off the 100ft tall podium because the changes to enemies awareness and the effects of dropping from tall heights