Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legend of Veso (New Gamemode Idea)

risel56

WARNING: Contains moderate spoilers for The New War.

"Gather 'round, children. Come out from your vents and put away your floofs. Tonight I'm gonna tell you the tale of the greatest Corpus who ever lived. The man who spat in the face of Alad V and shot the Sentient fleet through its dark heart. The man who could stare down an Eidolon, fire lightning from his optics and cleave a mountain in twain with his Prova. The man... known as Vero. Or was it Vito? Meso? No matter - details ain't important, it's his deeds that do the heavy lifting. But yeah, I tell you all this story, so that you can pass it down to your children, and their children and so on, until the days of tyranny in our system can be counted in binary. So sit, relax, and listen well as I weave these tales through your audio-sensors and into your imagination.

This is... The Legend of Veso."

A companion mode of sorts to Break Narmer (AKA Kahl of Duty), The Legend of Veso features various extravagant tales honoring the legacy of the long-gone Corpus Tech who "[took his] shot, for Profit" during the first act of The New War. Inspired by tall tale icons such as Paul Bunyan, John Henry and Big Joe Mufferaw, it serves as an imaginative take on Veso's original gameplay pushed to its theoretical limits.

Features:

• A brand-new gamemode that combines the heart-pounding action of Break Narmer, the roguelike dynamism of Duviri and the general power fantasy of Warframe gameplay to create a lighthearted romp through hordes of opposition!
  • Venture across the system as Veso-R, the greatest Corpus Tech who ever lived! Tune in weekly for his ever-changing tales of heroism - where you get to choose how his story unfolds!
  • A "Feats" system much like the Decrees of Duviri, but cranked up to 11! Choose a variety of crazy, game-changing passives to decimate enemies, speed up the mission past Gauss levels or completely turn the mission on its head. Ever wanted to shoot down the sun for for lower visibility? How about growing to gigantic size to punch an Exploiter Orb in the face? Perhaps summoning an army of Jackals? Or maybe you just want to convert Veso's mighty Plinx into an instant death ray? The possibilities are nigh endless, but be careful - some side objectives might be impossible to complete with certain Feats active.
  • Brand new rewards to earn! I don't know what they are yet, but let's be honest, you'll grind for anything at this point. Ephemeras, crazy good mods, new weapons, maybe even a Corpus proxy Floof or seven! Who knows? There might even be a new Warframe or Necramech attached!

---

So, uhhhh, yeah. Thanks for coming to my TED talk and all that. Lemme know whatcha guys think of this idea, and how it'll never actually become a thing. Or don't, I'm not your dad. ¯\_:clem:_/¯

Edited by risel56

Unfortunately, I severely lost interest the moment it became clear the point was to play as something other than our warframes. I can handle Operator/Drifter locked stuff even if it's clunky at times, but I still really dislike playing as Kahl.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo because I actually really dislike shooter games and Warframe is the only one I actually enjoy playing.

17 minutes ago, Genitive said:

No, I don't think we need another game mode like break Narmer. Having Kahl as a separate playable character is enough.

That being said, I liked how Veko could control proxies, this element I would like to see implemented elsewhere.

i'd love an additional questline for veso that's puzzle-based. i dont think the puzzle-like gameplay for veso would lend itsself to replayability though. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'd rather see anything Veso-themed be slower and more puzzle-like rather than anything we're already doing in the game currently.

As for a "tales of heroism" thing, I'd rather see that come from some sort of "Johnny Awesome"-esque character (maybe a Tenno ally, but could be from some other faction) who has you play through his personal "stories of valor" that you find out part-way through that he's completely making it up on the spot and you eventually learn near the end of whatever dumb thing actually happened to him.  An example might be something like how he goes on about narrowly escaping the clutches of some gigantic bestial horror on the plains of eidolon only to find out that he was scared off by a random kavat kitten he found.