Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cool Augment Ideas

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Ideas for augments I've had, feel free to discuss them or suggest more ideas.

Lavos: Vial Blast (Vial Rush) Tap Vial Rush mid-cast to stop the rushing animation and throw all remaining vials towards the cursor. (This basically turns it into a projectile attack for those who want more "spellcasting.") This is not affected by the "hold to cast" toggle so it won't be ruined by that.

Revenant: Eternal Enthrall (Enthrall) makes thralls unkillable unless targeted with Reave, so allies and weapons cannot accidentally kill/cc them.

Protea: Abiding Anchor (Temporal Anchor) Anchor has no duration (possibly replaced with energy drain) so it functions like Equinox 4, however anchor will lose the ability of directly rewinding to avoid you going through 2 minutes of walking (instead it simply saves your stats from earlier). Potentially could also be mixed in with a buff to the extra life mechanic, but would have a cooldown to be in line with other immortality abilities.

Citrine: collecting hp orbs gives her an increase to her hp, giving around 1.5 to 2.0 times the amount of vitality but in exchange you gotta collect orbs for it.

Sevagoth: Shadow's Wrath (Sevagoth shadow). Hold down the button for Sevagoth's shadow to summon it as Sevagoth's companion. It will float behind/in front of Sevagoth, attacking enemies in front of Sevagoth with its claws whenever Sevagoth attacks. Using Sevagoth's 1st/2nd/3rd ability will also cause the shadow to cast it's corresponding ability as well at no extra cost to Sevagoth's energy bar (but rather to the death well meter). Death Well decreases over time as it is active but can be regenerated using Sevagoth's abilities (with the exception of gloom). Shadow can now use it's claws during the self-revive phase.

Lavos: Aetherical Energy: Lavos now has an energy bar  (somewhere between 250 and 300). Lavos now generates 3-5 energy per second passively. Lavos's energy bar will become "charged" when picking up transmutated orbs, giving him (and allies) extra energy regeneration.

Loki: Defending Decoy (Decoy), Decoy now attacks nearby enemies (using the same rules as Equinox, Wukong, and Umbra sentries). The Decoy is now immune to damage.

That's it for now, I might add more if I think of anything else. Feel free to give any ideas if you think they need tweaking or if you think of augments that would also be cool.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 2

Saltwater Corrosion (Yareli's Riptide augment):

Enemies caught in the vortex have 20% of their defenses reduced per 0.25s spent in the vortex, scaling with Ability Strength. 

Summer Cooler (Yareli's Sea Snares augment):

Hold cast: Yareli lobs 1 titanic bubble that arcs and explodes (scales with Ability Range) upon hitting a surface, leaving an AOE zone that lingers on the ground for x2 of Sea Snare's duration. Enemies entering the zone (scales with Ability Range) take increased damage as per normal (scales with Ability Strength). Enemies hit directly by the titanic bubble explosion have their defenses stripped by 50% (scales with Ability Strength).

I just want innate armor strip...

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

Enemies caught in the vortex have 20% of their defenses reduced per 0.25s spent in the vortex, scaling with Ability Strength. 

Hold cast: Yareli lobs 1 titanic bubble that arcs and explodes (scales with Ability Range) upon hitting a surface, leaving an AOE zone that lingers on the ground for x2 of Sea Snare's duration. Enemies entering the zone (scales with Ability Range) take increased damage as per normal (scales with Ability Strength). Enemies hit directly by the titanic bubble explosion have their defenses stripped by 50% (scales with Ability Strength).

I actually really like these!

• Like 1

Kullervo is probably my favorite of the newest frames, so I'll throw some ideas out for him:

Spreading Wrath: upon performing a Wrathful Advance Heavy attack, a portion of Kullervo's melee Crit chance is also given to allies.

Reaving Recompense: enemies affected by Kullervo's Daggers take guaranteed slash procs if they survive being hit, and grant an additional 75 Overguard per hit.

Binding Curse: enemies affected by Collective Curse have their movement speed slowed by 50%

Blessing of Ukko: allies within Storm of Ukko's area of effect are granted an overguard bonus. 

pretty much the only thing Kullervo's kit doesn't have is benefits for the team, so it seems like a logical direction for his augments, and allows Kullervo to support the team without losing the aggressive assassin playstyle that makes him so fun.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Kullervo is probably my favorite of the newest frames, so I'll throw some ideas out for him:

Spreading Wrath: upon performing a Wrathful Advance Heavy attack, a portion of Kullervo's melee Crit chance is also given to allies.

Reaving Recompense: enemies affected by Kullervo's Daggers take guaranteed slash procs if they survive being hit, and grant an additional 75 Overguard per hit.

Binding Curse: enemies affected by Collective Curse have their movement speed slowed by 50%

Blessing of Ukko: allies within Storm of Ukko's area of effect are granted an overguard bonus. 

pretty much the only thing Kullervo's kit doesn't have is benefits for the team, so it seems like a logical direction for his augments, and allows Kullervo to support the team without losing the aggressive assassin playstyle that makes him so fun.

I like the idea. 

Honestly Kullervo lacking team support makes sense considering how heavy he is in the damage department (he doesn't need to buff the damage if everyone around him is already dead), but giving allies overguard or even crit chance sounds cool.

On 2023-11-19 at 12:37 AM, Skoomaseller said:

These. I do not care for the other options. Yareli TLC is hyper important to me. These would go nicely with her upcoming Deluxe Skin.

Edited by PR1D3
  • Like 2

Pack of Raksh: No longer lunges at enemies, instead Voruna will summon a pack of 4 ethereal Kubrows that will seek out the closest enemy, each 1 can inflict 10 stacks of 1 random status, but instead of spreading the statuses on the enemy's death, it spreads to all nearby enemies immediately. Kubrows disappear after landing attack.

Screw it, Necramech's also deserve augments.

Attack Mode: can now move with a 25% movement speed increase and Arquebex is changed to an exalted long range flamethrower.

Edit: forgot to mention, I really like the Vial Blast Augment.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

Pack of Raksh: No longer lunges at enemies, instead Voruna will summon a pack of 4 ethereal Kubrows that will seek out the closest enemy, each 1 can inflict 10 stacks of 1 random status, but instead of spreading the statuses on the enemy's death, it spreads to all nearby enemies immediately. Kubrows disappear after landing attack.

Screw it, Necramech's also deserve augments.

Attack Mode: can now move with a 25% movement speed increase and Arquebex is changed to an exalted long range flamethrower.

Edit: forgot to mention, I really like the Vial Blast Augment.

I really like the Voruna idea (summoning a Kubrow army seems fun lol).

Also ty for the compliment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TeaHands said:

I don't like the idea of Summoning Kubrows, mainly because Kubrows have nothing to do with Voruna other than being canines. I also doubt DE will spend time and resources creating new animations via augments. I mean, her base animations visually speaking are some of the laziest ever done... unless they want redeem themselves.... it's not happening.

I did an augment suggestion that will not require extra animation work and would open a gun playstyle.

• Like 1