Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Reasons Why Damage 2.0 Is One Of The Worst Things That Happened To Warframe(In My Opinion)

Quaintman

I think Damage 2.0 is one of the worst things that happened in warframe becuase:

1) Nobody is going to remember EVERTHING in Damage 2.0

2) I dont understand the point on having 3 differenet types of damage suck as punture,impact,and slash.

3) Its super hard to find good builds for ur wepons and warframes because nobody has made updated build videos yet.

4) If u want Fire and Ice as to seperate damages...Well guess what, U CANT!!!! U'll just get Blast as just 1 damage so u cant get ur ignite for fire and slowdown for ice ull just stun them.

5) The ONLY thing that I think that is good is that they added in damage 2.0 is Toxic or poison(or whatever u call it) damage.and when i mean ONLY i really mean ONLY.

Theses are my 5 reasons why i dont like damage 2.0 and i think is the ONE worst thing that ever happened in Warframe. Plz leave a comment below and tell me if u agree or disagree and why.(i wont judge u :-])

-Quaintman

some of that gets fixed over time. the system is more complex but better for it.

you can get your ice if you need it or your fire if you need it its just a matter of putting your mods in right and thinking about it. think longer than it took you to write this post and you might just get somewhere.

it is right out of the gate and will take a while for it to really show its colors and for the player base to adjust. until them any claims of doom and gloom are meaningless.

that does not mean the new system works, but you can hardly make a good call this early on.

1. There is the wiki to help remember and a very nice thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explainedsolved-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets/#entry1610887 and http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0#Damage_Type_Multipliers

2. Because before anything that ignored armor was KING, regardless of faction, now factions have their own weaknesses and strengths, meaning you need to tailor your gun (using the loadout system I guess) to fight X or Y better. Your guns will still work on them, just not as well as something tailor made to fight them.

3. Eh, just gotta ask yourself i.e. "what is this weapon good at? High slash? I can either put a corrosive element combo on it and it hurts armor better, magnetic to kill shields, or heat/viral to kill flesh faster."

4. This is a problem, but it's also because a frozen enemy can't really be burning.

5. Eh, you're still looking at it through the eyes of Damage 1.0, where armor ignore was the best (which poison was more or less), toxic is decent, but it's better as viral/corrosive imo

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

1) I've already memorized what the different damage types do, and what's effective against what. Even if you don't, it's easy enough to go online and look at tables for the damage types so you can memorize them.

2) We already had weapons with serrated edges, etc in the original damage system. 2.0 simply makes damage types more clearly defined.

3) Make your own builds! The mod system isn't very complicated, and it's fairly simple to make an effective build. Trust me, it can be a lot of fun to experiment with different loadouts until you find one you like!

4) Part of the reasoning behind 2.0 was to prevent players from doing this- having three elemental effect procs at once was a bit much.

I think you should try experimenting with different weapons and trying out the new elemental effects- the update made most weapons viable, and I've found that I have a variety of different weapon sets that I use depending on the mission I'm doing. It adds a lot of variety to the game. ^^

Not sure if satire or serious.

Please let it be satire

I... I don't... 

I don't... 

What is going on here?

Should I.... should I answer the OP seriously or....should.... should I....? 

What....? I'm.... gonna be over here... I don't even...

I think Damage 2.0 is one of the worst things that happened in warframe becuase:

2) I dont understand the point on having 3 differenet types of damage suck as punture,impact,and slash.

3) Its super hard to find good builds for ur wepons and warframes because nobody has made updated build videos yet.

4) If u want Fire and Ice as to seperate damages...Well guess what, U CANT!!!! U'll just get Blast as just 1 damage so u cant get ur ignite for fire and slowdown for ice ull just stun them.

5) The ONLY thing that I think that is good is that they added in damage 2.0 is Toxic or poison(or whatever u call it) damage.and when i mean ONLY i really mean ONLY.

Theses are my 5 reasons why i dont like damage 2.0 and i think is the ONE worst thing that ever happened in Warframe. Plz leave a comment below and tell me if u agree or disagree and why.(i wont judge u :-])

-Quaintman

1) Nobody has to if they write it down. And off the top of my head on wiki bonuses. Impact; Shield and Robot. Puncture; Armour and Robot. Slash; Infested and Flesh. Fire; Infested and Flesh. Electric; Robot. Ice; Shield. Poison; Flesh. Blast; Armour and Flesh. Radiation; Robot. Corrosive; Armour and Robot.

Magnetic; Shield and Robot. Gas; Armour and Flesh. Viral; Flesh.  Go check how well I did to tell people what works well against what. 

2) That is literally said in the damage 2.0 details post. It is more realistic to different ammunition types in the real world. 

3) So wait until build videos are up. Or make your own with the wiki. Not that hard, or a downside when the only issue is being patient for man than half a week. 

4) No, you can't, but we don't need to do both now. 

5) Oh it's not like they fixed armour scaling, or increased the diversity in our builds or updated the arsenal Ui or anything. Or made it easier for damage frames to compete with Nova in upper levels. Good heavens no they certainly didn't. 

Not sure if satire or serious.

Please let it be satire

I think he's serious, and he raises some meaningful points which DE ought to consider.

Their could stand to be more communication concerning the mechanics so that things are more intuitive. In an ideal situation, people should not need to consult a guide. The codex is a great place to start, but subtle gameplay cues could also be implemented for people who don't like to read. (I have no idea what they would be though. Audio cues? Colored hit sparks?)

1) Only thing I don't understand is what types are charged attacks. But then again, i's the only thing I can't find information about.

2) It's more realistic. Let's take Vectis for example

70.0 Impact (sniper bullets are quite big)

61.25 Puncture (so these are heavy armor piercing bullets)

43.75 Slash (and they also leave big wounds)

3) Perhaps you should think something yourself and not rely on others

4) Because flamethrower that freezes and burns at the same time makes perfect sence

5) Fire damage has now chance of setting enemies on fire, dealing DoT. Also I like other effects as well.

-Quaintman

You're probably just being satirical or something, but just in case:

1) They will if they use it instead of rejecting it after one god damn minute. You're telling me you can't remember simple elemental rock-paper-scissors? Seriously? It's not even a complicated system. You don't even have to experiment itself because these days there's so much information on the wiki. I remember when Phantasy Star Online came out you had to figure out elemental weaknesses and weapon type resistances yourself. No one had a problem remembering, especially when they noticed the visual cues that tipped players off.

2) It allows weapon usage to vary more. For example, you're not gonna use a shotgun on heavily-armored enemies because shotguns are made for stopping power (i.e. impact and slash) rather than punching through armor (puncture). Instead, you'll use something like a rifle with Full Metal Jacket rounds (i.e. lots of puncture and some slash) because it pretty much just ignores armor. However, you aren't going to use that same weapon against enemies without armor because those rounds lack the stopping power of bullets made for flesh (think hollow point rounds, which essentially burst apart inside the target making a far worse wound).

3) Make your own damn build. Seriously, you have all the information there for you. How do you think other people make those builds? Don't you want to make some super effective build, say "I came up with that," and tell everyone your awesome build so everyone says "Yeah I'm using this awesome build that Quaintman came up with." and you can feel good that you've helped? Or at least just come up with something effective on your own, and adjust it later depending on what people say works. Will you build to your weapon's strengths, or make up for its weaknesses?

4) Of course you can't have both fire and ice on the same weapon. That doesn't make any sense. Logically the two elemental mods would cancel each other out... and since these elements aren't natural fire and ice, the opposing mods will have quite the reaction. Hence, blast. Besides, how much sense does it make for someone to be slow because they're so cold but also so hot they're on fire? It's just odd to think about.

5) I find this hard to believe. I think you'll love the changes once you get used to them, and get past the natural knee-jerk reaction to change most people have (aka "IT'S DIFFERENT NOW IT SUCKS")

It might be somewhat offtopic, but can someone explain me, why did we have armor scaling in Damage 1.0 at all? As far as i remember, it was actual problem. And they solved(?) it in quite unusual and complex way. Why couldn't they JUST REMOVE THAT INSANE ARMOR and let exist 3 category of enemies: light(or no armor), medium and heavili armored, with no AI damage being most effective against first and AI damage - against last?

Whose idea about shifting all 3 factions into heavily armored as levels grow was? Point me that genius, i have a rude sticker for him XD

-Quaintman

1. They don't need to, the damage is displayed on the inventory page.

2. 3 damage types for 3 of factions and target types, infested, grineer, corpus, flesh, armor, shield. Makes sense.

3. the page on damage 2.0 on warframe wiki says what kind of damage is good for what kind of target. Use a tiny ounce of deduction to figure things out.

4. Having a target burning and freezing doesn't make sense. It's good that it's no longer possible.

5. Yeah I like the toxic damage type too.

It might be somewhat offtopic, but can someone explain me, why did we have armor scaling in Damage 1.0 at all? As far as i remember, it was actual problem. And they solved(?) it in quite unusual and complex way. Why couldn't they JUST REMOVE THAT INSANE ARMOR and let exist 3 category of enemies: light(or no armor), medium and heavili armored, with no AI damage being most effective against first and AI damage - against last?

Whose idea about shifting all 3 factions into heavily armored as levels grow was? Point me that genius, i have a rude sticker for him XD

Youre a genius! XD

-Quaintman

1. Cry some more... it's not that hard.

2. It's to allow more customization as a start, also puncture is good against armor, slash is good against flesh, and impact is good against shields so you can tailor weapons to specific enemies and such. Also 3 is better than the like 6 or something we had before...

3. Oh gee I dunno... learn to make a build yourself or wait for other people to do it.

4. Because it totally makes sense that someone can be frozen and on fire at the same time...

1. Cry some more... it's not that hard.

2. It's to allow more customization as a start, also puncture is good against armor, slash is good against flesh, and impact is good against shields so you can tailor weapons to specific enemies and such. Also 3 is better than the like 6 or something we had before...

3. Oh gee I dunno... learn to make a build yourself or wait for other people to do it.

4. Because it totally makes sense that someone can be frozen and on fire at the same time...

1. It's a pain. Instead of finding weapons you like, since many of them play pretty differently, you're forced into certain weapons on certain enemies and need to have them all leveled and with the appropriate mods to compete.

2. How so? You need to have specific weapons to fight specific enemies with specific loadouts, or you're actually hurting yourself by running with it. And what do you do when you stack an impact weapon only to run into armor after the shields go down, a scenario that's not really unusual?

3. If you have to read the forums just to find out why your weapons aren't working anymore, something in the process failed. Just look at the elemental chart in the help thread and tell me that a casual player is going to try and figure that out and actually remember it well enough to be equipped appropriately when the time comes. 

4. I don't mind that change. I do mind the status chance change, which I would hate even if it wasn't a ridiculously low percentage on top of being there now. I do mind that before, you could count on certain effects stunning, slowing, or otherwise helping you and now they're either just not there at all or are so low percentage that you can't count on them anyway. 

I'll add a 5 here, but:

5. If your weapon isn't already leveled enough, you can't equip the mods to make it worthwhile; that's if you have the right weapon for the job, it's one you enjoy using, you already have the right mods to make it work, and you've already used a catalyst on it (don't even try without one at this point, I don't know why it's even optional). Trying to level anything right now is an exercise in futility on top of that. If you're not already well established, rank 20-30 in multiple things so that you can switch and change things up, and are missing important mods... everything is extremely frustrating right now. 

Just to make a point, but #5 is actually something you like. Therefore you have 4 reasons, you owe us one more legit reason why this is the worst thing to happen to warframe (not that any of the rest are legit, mind you).

1. DMG 2.0 is actually pretty simple, all you have to remember is what damage types are strong/weak to what, and what effects the new elements have. (If Pokemon players can do it, so can you.)

2. What?

3. Use your damn brain, everyone else has pretty much got it figured out by now.. (Plus, it'd be better that way, so people can just use what they want, instead of only what's best.)

4. Having multiple elements was one of the main problems of the old system that DMG2.0 fixes.

5. While it still needs some tweaks, this is one of the best things to happen to Warframe, and you need to deal with it.

@MECT_HET 3 weapons with you, 3 factions against you.

Edited by Flackenstien