Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reinforced Glass scannable?

Bluedragon66

Question

OK, I started playing Warframe in August 2022. I am aware that since a rework a few years ago, reinforced glass does not exist in the game anymore. However, when I went through my personal codex, I saw that there was an entry with 2/12 scans for reinforced glass! How is that possible when I started playing AFTER this object was removed from the game?

By the way, I have completed all quests, all nodes (including Steel Path) and my current MR level is 33 (or LR 3). I have not yet mastered 2 weapons as they would be given to me in the daily login reward. Currently stands at around 470 days.

The question is, is this object, reinforced glass located in one of the older quests? Please advise. Thanks. If this does not exist anymore, how come my codex reads 2/12 scans? I really do not understand this. Thanks.

12 answers to this question

I just ran some of those missions to see if any still pinged and nope, doesn't even come up as already scanned so it looks like it's just another one of the many things in the codex that cannot be finished, I have all of mine 22/12 I miss those windows they were great for trolling the mates wait until they are all in the area then boom blow out the windows.

If they are in a quest scenario a Corpus themed one naturally, I have no idea if the quest code for those windows were replaced along with the normal game code, which would have to be tested.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I just ran some of those missions to see if any still pinged and nope, doesn't even come up as already scanned so it looks like it's just another one of the many things in the codex that cannot be finished, I have all of mine 22/12 I miss those windows they were great for trolling the mates wait until they are all in the area then boom blow out the windows.

If they are in a quest scenario a Corpus themed one naturally, I have no idea if the quest code for those windows were replaced along with the normal game code, which would have to be tested.

Good luck.

Thank you. But what bothers me is that I managed to get 2 scans. How is that possible when it was removed from the game after I started playing? Only possible explanation could be that it must exist in some quest. Not sure which one though.

9 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

Thank you. But what bothers me is that I managed to get 2 scans. How is that possible when it was removed from the game after I started playing? Only possible explanation could be that it must exist in some quest. Not sure which one though.

That's the burning question, do the Corpus faction Quests still have the old code for the windows? I have no idea.

It's possible they accidentally left some in for a while after the Corpus ship refresh was done. I know there were some instances of the older lockers that got left behind for a bit in  some off the beaten path places before they were all switched over. So maybe you had Helios going and snagged a missed one before it was fixed.

OK guys! I finally solved this! After much digging through reddit, I saw a comment where one member states that reinforced glass CAN be found on Eris, Oestrus, Infested salvage mission. So I started this mission but could not find it on my first try. I read through the wiki and it states that there are 2 possible map types for this mission. So, I started the mission again and this time, got a different map. I went through the sides and corners of this mission and sure enough, I was able to find 3 reinforced glasses! I managed to scan 3 times and now my codex entry reads 5/12 scans!

So I can now confirm that despite the corpus tileset changes, this object still exist in the Infested salvage mission. There are two types of tilesets for this mission and one of them has the reinforced glass and it is scannable but not breakable though.

I would also like to add that this mission has a high chance of rare containers and ayatan sculptures spawning as well.

Hope this information helps to newer players!

😀

Edited by Bluedragon66
added more info, grammer correction, spelling
  • Like 6

Excellent! - this was bugging me too, and funnily enough I was on an Eris map a couple of days ago and as saw some cracked looking glass, I thought to myself I wonder if that counted as reinforced glass.  Now I know it is found there, I'll go back and try and get scans!

2 hours ago, Bluedragon66 said:

It would be helpful for people wanting to get this done, was it the one with the smaller flat 3 way console area, or the giant pit?

I already have them long done, but just for complete information here for others.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

It would be helpful for people wanting to get this done, was it the one with the smaller flat 3 way console area, or the giant pit?

I already have them long done, but just for complete information here for others.

It is the giant pit where the consoles are on a slightly different level. Additionally, that tileset has a couple of light shadows going through windows. The reinforce glass is on a corner, further down the map. You should scan them before starting the mission though. There are a total of 3 glasses.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

It is the giant pit where the consoles are on a slightly different level. Additionally, that tileset has a couple of light shadows going through windows. The reinforce glass is on a corner, further down the map. You should scan them before starting the mission though. There are a total of 3 glasses.

Awesome, I was also going to ask was it the hole map or the flat map, but been answered good to know for players who really want to finish off those scans. :thumbup:

For the benefit of others searching this up.

This is the tile you need:

Spoiler

image.png

And this is the specific room it's in:

Spoiler

It's those 3 glass panels at the back
image.png

Now... if only we could locate the Infested tumor that was apparently from Jordas Verdict :(

On 2023-11-26 at 2:13 AM, Bluedragon66 said:

OK guys! I finally solved this! After much digging through reddit, I saw a comment where one member states that reinforced glass CAN be found on Eris, Oestrus, Infested salvage mission. So I started this mission but could not find it on my first try. I read through the wiki and it states that there are 2 possible map types for this mission. So, I started the mission again and this time, got a different map. I went through the sides and corners of this mission and sure enough, I was able to find 3 reinforced glasses! I managed to scan 3 times and now my codex entry reads 5/12 scans!

So I can now confirm that despite the corpus tileset changes, this object still exist in the Infested salvage mission. There are two types of tilesets for this mission and one of them has the reinforced glass and it is scannable but not breakable though.

I would also like to add that this mission has a high chance of rare containers and ayatan sculptures spawning as well.

😀

Can I ask you for a screenshot, if you don't mind? I haven't found any scannable glasses in either map.

Edit: never mind, I found them :D

Edited by VibingCat

Since previous screenshots are gone, here are some new ones:
This is the correct room

Spoiler

The large multistoried tile

Both these icons appear in the landing room if it's the correct tile

Go to this sideroom

Spoiler

These are the panels

Spoiler

• Like 2