Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The PvP conversation

S.Dust

22 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

The funny thing is, the Conclave grind was made WORSE with one of the few updates it got.

This made kills go from rewarding nothing to a little bit of standing, but challenges were still the best way to get it. Lunaro was the only mode to not get nerfs.
Basically, they just gutted the amount of weekly standing you would get.

They removed all the fun modes (like Instagib, like I said) and removed the Potency/Affector rounds. These were basically "alerts" that would force certain rules for the any game played in the period they were active, and rewarded 2x the Standing plus 2x the end of round rewards.

Also, they removed Conclave mods being rewarded as end of round rewards, forcing players to spend the standing they just suffered to get to buy them.

Ouch that's a big hit right to the head 😖

When I first saw some of the cool skins, I tried waiting in the queue and looking for groups in recruiting but just stopped bothering with it after a while. It's really too bad I think PVP could be a fun "end game" game mode, again when I used to play D2, I started dabbling in the PVP and enjoyed it. With all the PVP in games these days you'd think DE would try and reinvigorate it.

22 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

It's almost like if the devs were trying to discourage farming conclave standing through challengw and reward people who actively play the mode and manage to kill other players instead. 

Of course it's gonna look like "they gutted the amount of weekly standing" for people who don't want to play the mode, only its rewards.

I would agree, but the standing gain is still very small. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think its like 150 per kill, plus streaks, so you would need to dominate a game with 30+ kills to get a respectable amount of standing.

The small number of players that only played conclave and could manage killstreaks did benefit from it, but your average player (the one in the other end of the killstreak) just got less standing per week.

22 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Most of the conclave mods can be obtained through PvE, either from Sentients, Nightwave or some of the 6 main syndicates. Can't recall anything about the removal of random conclave mods from end of mission rewards and need to get that checked in a match before commenting on the matter.

Not the PvE/PvP mods, these were always Tenshin only as far as I remember, later Sentient drops. I was talking about the PVP only mods, but I was half wrong.

While they did remove mods from end of round rewards, they only removed the common ones, when I thought they had removed most of them. The others like weapon augments (the same ones you can buy from Nora) are still there.