The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any chance to add drop source for Ballista Measure???

syzbrink

It only drops from below enemies. There is no endless missions to farm these enemies. I tried about 6 hours on this MOD and got nothing!!!!

And for other mod with 0.1% percent from Gyre enemies, such as Archgun Ace and Sabot Rounds, they can drop from bounty.

Also, who knows how to @ relevant DE developers to inform this issue?

Ballista Measure Drop Tables

Enemy Drop Table Chance[4] Item Chance[5] Chance[6] Expected Kills[7] Quantity[8] Avg. per roll attempt[9]
Gyre Eviscerator 5% 2.01% 0.1005% 995 1 0.001005
Gyre Supressor 5% 2.01% 0.1005% 995 1 0.001005

Archgun Ace Drop Tables

Mission Type Source Star Chart Nodes Rotations / Drop Table Chance[1] Quantity[2] Avg. per roll[3]
Profit-Taker Bounty Profit-Taker Orb Bounty Phase 2 A 1.25% 1 0.0125

Enemy Drop Table Chance[4] Item Chance[5] Chance[6] Expected Kills[7] Quantity[8] Avg. per roll attempt[9]
Gyre Butcher 5% 1.75% 0.0875% 1143 1 0.000875
Gyre Elite Lancer 5% 1.75% 0.0875% 1143 1 0.000875

Sabot Rounds Drop Tables

Mission Type Source Star Chart Nodes Rotations / Drop Table Chance[1] Quantity[2] Avg. per roll[3]
Profit-Taker Bounty Profit-Taker Orb Bounty Phase 3 A 1.25% 1 0.0125

Gyre Raider 5% 2.01% 0.1005% 995 1 0.001005
Gyre Raider Carver 5% 2.01% 0.1005% 995 1 0.001005
Gyre Raider Eviscerator 5% 2.01% 0.1005% 995 1 0.001005
  • Like 2

To @syzbrink,

Sadly for you, I must say that I play since 2013 with 4921hours of play (just checked now)...

I've Done All railjacks missions for around a thousand hours, get all railjacks rewards, extras

I HAVE ONLY ONE "Ballista Measure", NO SPARE FOR YOU... SOWWYYY

It's the game, keep whining and pour tears of Blood until @[DE]Megan hear you. Sorry for the NO-SOLUTION😭

13 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @syzbrink,

Sadly for you, I must say that I play since 2013 with 4921hours of play (just checked now)...

I've Done All railjacks missions for around a thousand hours, get all railjacks rewards, extras

I HAVE ONLY ONE "Ballista Measure", NO SPARE FOR YOU... SOWWYYY

It's the game, keep whining and pour tears of Blood until @[DE]Megan hear you. Sorry for the NO-SOLUTION😭

Thanks anyway, I will try it everyday until I get it!

47 minutes ago, syzbrink said:

I just want to get it by farm!!! And it is too expensive!!!

you'll need to kill 700 just to have a 50% chance of obtaining it, over 2300 for a 90% chance. you'd have a much better time just selling other items like prime parts for plat and buying it from another player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Transmutable iirc. That's your best bet.

Untransmutable. The problem with this mod is that it was added undocumented and never given a proper drop source or mod performance check. This mod is basically nothing besides a Codex completion tick.

il y a une heure, Voltage a dit :

Untransmutable. The problem with this mod is that it was added undocumented and never given a proper drop source or mod performance check. This mod is basically nothing besides a Codex completion tick.

A! mb, thought I acquired it like this. Guess I must've been lucky in my countless rj runs.

1 minute ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

A! mb, thought I acquired it like this. Guess I must've been lucky in my countless rj runs.

That's how I earned it. I got it fairly quickly through lucky runs. It would be really nice if Archweapons in general (not just this mod or Archguns alone) got a mod audit and updated to match the rest of the arsenal. The changes coming with Whispers don't look like they'll pack enough punch to make a difference.

il y a 4 minutes, Voltage a dit :

That's how I earned it. I got it fairly quickly through lucky runs. It would be really nice if Archweapons in general (not just this mod or Archguns alone) got a mod audit and updated to match the rest of the arsenal. The changes coming with Whispers don't look like they'll pack enough punch to make a difference.

Unfortunately, there was nothing pointing towards archgun galv mods or any huge revamp of the sort. I do think I caught Pablo talking about having archguns more "on par" with primaries, but I doubt it'll be enough. The guns are mostly better than primaries at base (to some extent, we're not talking about the best of the best), but are too held back by garbage mods.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

I bileve it is the bounty reward for the third Orb after Exploiter Orb  and Profit-Taker Orb in Orb Vallis. Maybe it is supposed to be released in 2021, but somehow DE totally forget it!

Edited by syzbrink

• 3 months later...

Apologies for the necro, leaving an advice here for future people with my own experience on getting this mod.

Attempted to get it myself too. Manage to in 5 hours along with Sabot round as a bonus. I think the most effective method beside nekros+slash would be to camp with a Voidrig on Arquebex within an asteroid base on Kasio's Rest, the Enemy seems to infinitely spawn there at certain part of the tiles almost like survival except corner camp doesn't feel effective.

Within 45 minute camping there I was able to score about 3000 kills in total thanks to voidrig arquebex blasting them.

I think it also best to finish the Galleon, Crewship and Fighter objective before camping because I believe having alot of fighters and crewship outside of the asteroid base reduces the amount of mobs within the asteroid base. Leave the commander assassination untouched however.

I assume the asteroid base tile is fixed because it always looked the same to me so with that I can say i camp at the start of the 4th tileset which start with a corridor that goes downward and to the left and right of the downward corridor if you ignore the downward corridor has 2 entrance that has staircase. Mainly the lobby like area before the downward corridor and the 2 side entrance with staircase with a giant door behind me that is the exit of the 3rd tileset that has rocky floor.

Edited by SharpCyan
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-06 at 7:21 AM, syzbrink said:

who knows how to @ relevant DE developers to inform this issue?

I'm not laughing at you, but I am laughing.  They know about the "issue" because they're the ones that made the issue.  And this is hardly an isolated case.  There are mods in this game that range from "everyone uses them" to "no one has ever even heard of this mod because it's useless." and there's plenty of both with laughably bad drop rates.  As someone that went through and collected every single mod outside conclave-only mods, if you don't want to burn out, just give up on it.  It's not worth using anyway.  Like someone else in the thread already said, it's a collector's item and nothing more.

il y a 42 minutes, MrDugan a dit :

I'm not laughing at you, but I am laughing.  They know about the "issue" because they're the ones that made the issue.  And this is hardly an isolated case.  There are mods in this game that range from "everyone uses them" to "no one has ever even heard of this mod because it's useless." and there's plenty of both with laughably bad drop rates.  As someone that went through and collected every single mod outside conclave-only mods, if you don't want to burn out, just give up on it.  It's not worth using anyway.  Like someone else in the thread already said, it's a collector's item and nothing more.

Everything you just said made me think about Gale Kick. Checks every one of your boxes.

6 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Everything you just said made me think about Gale Kick. Checks every one of your boxes.

It was Ordnance Velocity for me.  0.2% drop chance from the enemy with the highest drop chance, and that enemy shows up maybe 2 or 3 times a mission.  It was the last mod I needed for a completed mod collection.  It got to the point where I would run the fighter objective in RJ, and if it didn't drop, I'd abort and start again.  I could do a run, including load times, in less than a minute.  I farmed for hours.  I ended up buying it from the only reasonable person in trade chat who sold it to me for 40p instead of 250.  So many mods are like this.  Bite.  Certain Archweapon 60/60s.  Blaze.  Hammer shot.  Imagine a 1% drop chance on a mod you can only attempt to get 4 times every 8 hours.  They USED to drop from alerts as well.  But that ship sailed a long time ago.

il y a 43 minutes, MrDugan a dit :

They USED to drop from alerts as well.  But that ship sailed a long time ago.

Then they should've been implemented that to Nora Night's weekly rotation shop, since that's what replaced alerts.

Turns out I only have 5 spare Ordnance Velocity mods despite all the RJ I've spammed since it released.

Plenty of mods could use better availability, especially if they're not transmutable.