The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting to burn out a bit (feedback)

(PSN)FirmBizkit

These weekly time gates are legit killing the fun of the game.
I've said this as far back as the release of nightwave (literally the start of them doing this) that it was a really poor direction for the game to go.

It's just not enjoyable. It's hostile and manipulative.

And the really stupid thing is they DONT need it for player retention. There's so much content in this game I played several hours a day for 5 years straight, minus a week or two, and only one time mastered all available weapons (Just before the Sisters of Parvos update where the Ambasador is what finally killed my interest in pursuing every weapon). And still had numerous other things to play for. A new player joining now with a life balance twice as bad as mine wouldn't get everything there is to get in this game 7 years later, not counting any of this weekly garbage. Nothing else I've ever seen has the same kind of staying power without doing some really disgusting BS like with Destiny 2 just removing your progress every few months. They're just crippling themselves trying to implement manipulative player retention systems that they don't need and are only pissing people off.

It's baffling to me that they keep doing it when it's clearly having the opposite effect of what they want, and forcing players to burn out and leave.

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

These weekly time gates are legit killing the fun of the game.
I've said this as far back as the release of nightwave (literally the start of them doing this) that it was a really poor direction for the game to go.

It's just not enjoyable. It's hostile and manipulative.

And the really stupid thing is they DONT need it for player retention. There's so much content in this game I played several hours a day for 5 years straight, minus a week or two, and only one time mastered all available weapons (Just before the Sisters of Parvos update where the Ambasador is what finally killed my interest in pursuing every weapon). And still had numerous other things to play for. A new player joining now with a life balance twice as bad as mine wouldn't get everything there is to get in this game 7 years later, not counting any of this weekly garbage. Nothing else I've ever seen has the same kind of staying power without doing some really disgusting BS like with Destiny 2 just removing your progress every few months. They're just crippling themselves trying to implement manipulative player retention systems that they don't need and are only pissing people off.

It's baffling to me that they keep doing it when it's clearly having the opposite effect of what they want, and forcing players to burn out and leave.

Yeah, don't get it either. Most new players have like ten years of missed content and 4500+ hours of grind to do to catch up with us Jaded Vets, yet the team doesn't really try to streamline the process so you get to that point faster.

There's so many things that don't make sense in terms of helping new players get into the game, stuff like:

• Having tons of syndicates and open world syndicates you need to level up, each requiring forfeiting of tons of standing each time you want to rank up. All those open world are cool, but they are self contained islands and their progression kinda goes against actual account progression for new players. Always strange to tell your friends to ignore these open world for now...
  • Focus being this super important, but extremely slow system to acquire, even with the recent improvements being a step in the right direction.
  • Having to clear two full starcharts, tons of junctions and tons of quests to have access to all activities and play the new content.
  • Having like 700+ different things to level up for mastery, with each taking time and effort to do.
  • So many weapons and things requiring built formas, putting 23 hours delays on everything you want to accomplish as a new player.
  • The entire Prime system being super hard to catch back for newer players due to vaulting, lack of void traces, the difficulty of finding radshare groups for older frames, and just the amount of time and RNG it takes to get a single prime access.
  • Every prime requiring tons of Orokin Cells, which are quite rare in the starchart.

Honestly, if I was DE I would do the following:

• Shave like 45% of the starchart's nodes. Maybe consider rotating nodes for some unpopular mission types.
  • Remove most junction and progression requirements for main story quests and allow players to borrow railjacks and necramechs when the quests need one.
  • Remove formas as requirements for dojo rooms / clan reaserch weapons . and make it so new kuva and tenet wpns don't give mastery for putting five formas in them.
  • Double or triple the level up speed on most of the starchart. You have tons of crap to level if you're a new player, make it less of a chore.
  • Double or triple the amount of void traces you get so you can refine more relics and it's easier to catch up.
  • Either lower the orokin celle requirements for prime stuff or give way more of them in the starchart. Even if you buy all your primes from Warframe Market you run into an insane orokin cell bottleneck and can't craft most of these.
  • Give players way to buy the arcanes they want and maybe considering reverting back to needing ten arcanes to max an arcane... It's almost ridiculous to ask of people to get 21 copies of the same arcane to max them.