Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara QoL

Midguardian

Some ideas to help make Ivara more fun without too much effort:

1. Increase the maximum amount of dashwires that can be placed at the same time

This would make so that she could play around just moving on dashwires. It gets annoying to only have 4 max especially when you try to build some sort of a spiderweb on any stationary mission like defense and interception and could make a playstyle more fun

2.  Artemis bow buffs

I won't go in specifics on how to buff the bow but its getting easily outclassed by multiple regular weapons even on a single target. For an exalted weapon with a mana cost per shot it doesn't have the oomph that it deserves.

3.  Navigator maneuverability

Navigator can get very confusing to use, the constant forward motion makes it very difficult to hit targets reliably especially if you miss and have to circle back around. A simple way to improve this would be to let the player halt the projectile to a complete stop instead of just slowing the projectile down a little. This would make it easier to navigate and hit targets more reliably.

This one isn't necessary but would make ivara more playable in the regular run and gun missions like exterminate rescue and capture. Letting ivara sprint and parkour while in prowl would let her catch up with the other teammates while keeping her natural survivability through the invisibility. 

Thank you for reading

An Ivara enjoyer

On 2023-12-15 at 12:42 PM, Midguardian said:

This one isn't necessary but would make ivara more playable in the regular run and gun missions like exterminate rescue and capture. Letting ivara sprint and parkour while in prowl would let her catch up with the other teammates while keeping her natural survivability through the invisibility. 

Thank you for reading

An Ivara enjoyer

As another proud jellyfish user I honestly agree her prowl definitely needs more speed. She is already punished for even moving while in prowl with more energy drain on her invisibility, while other frames either get full normal movement (Loki), Better than normal movement, that also uses her augment for free (Wukong) or gets it as a passive (Wisp). I really don't see why THE stealth frame has the worst invisibility.

3.  Navigator maneuverability

Navigator can get very confusing to use, the constant forward motion makes it very difficult to hit targets reliably especially if you miss and have to circle back around. A simple way to improve this would be to let the player halt the projectile to a complete stop instead of just slowing the projectile down a little. This would make it easier to navigate and hit targets more reliably.

Another major thing I have issue with is the fact the minimap remains centered on Ivara during this. Making use of the map to find your targets significantly harder than it needs to be. That would be another requested touch up.

2.  Artemis bow buffs

I won't go in specifics on how to buff the bow but its getting easily outclassed by multiple regular weapons even on a single target. For an exalted weapon with a mana cost per shot it doesn't have the oomph that it deserves.

Honestly, yeah. Her Artemis bow does not really feel like an exalted weapon, especially compared to the others. The average bow can now do far more damage than hers. It feel like a Paris with multishot and not much that can be done to make it more desirable than the Dread, considering it can have a riven and has an incarnon. The exalted bow on the archer frame, for me at least, is my least used thing on her. It's just not great. I would honestly rather it's concentrated arrow be a proper arrow, not an explosive. I play archer jelly to be an archer not a string propelled rocket, I would rather it have a significant headshot multiplier similar, if not more, to the Cinta or Daikyu with it's augment. I want to use her bow, but it's just so outclassed.

On 2023-12-15 at 7:42 PM, Midguardian said:

Letting ivara sprint and parkour while in prowl

TBH, with e.g. Octavia and Wisp invisibility being a thing, I can't say this would be game-breaking or anything nowadays.

Though at the very least, I would like a fix for rolling via Forward + tapping Crouch breaking Prowl,
you need to set up a separate Roll command (tapping Sprint) which just shouldn't be necessary IMO.

Subsumed Quiver giving Noise Arrow is also ... urgh, why?
Sleep Arrow would be nice ofc but that kinda is already covered by other subsumables,
Dashwire though is such a fun ability, and it'd not least fit with the Augment only covering Cloak and Dashwire.

15 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Probably a weird way to play her, but I like concentrated arrow with a range build. You sleep a guy, you headshot, everything goes boom.

I've never spent much time with Concentrated Arrow, just enough to put it on my short list of "Fun Things I Really Need To Do More Of In Warframe Some Day".

Anyway,  doesn't seem weird in the slightest. 

il y a 10 minutes, Tiltskillet a dit :

I've never spent much time with Concentrated Arrow, just enough to put it on my short list of "Fun Things I Really Need To Do More Of In Warframe Some Day".

Anyway,  doesn't seem weird in the slightest. 

When you headshot, there's a forced impact in the entire explosion, which lets you use the bleed on impact mod. A good amount of range and strength is translated in a mapwide nuke, but I don't think it's enough for steel path to use reliably. Outside of the forced impact, you do not get any status chance on the explosion, so no viral spread at the same time, even with Nourish.

Speaking of Nourish, that's what I use over navigator in order to compensate for Blind Rage decreasing efficiency. You can keep neutral duration too, might require shield gating build.

1 hour ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

When you headshot, there's a forced impact in the entire explosion, which lets you use the bleed on impact mod. A good amount of range and strength is translated in a mapwide nuke, but I don't think it's enough for steel path to use reliably.

My build used Roar in quick SP and it seemed very promising.  I don't have very high standards though. :P

I had another idea for helping Ivara's Artemis Bow feel more like an exalted weapon and feel like it actually does something without needing concentrated arrow turning it into a glorified grenade launcher. Let us have an augment to change it's arrow head allowing us to do the damage type we want it to do. Similar to how Excalibur has the augment where his color changes the base element of his Exalted blade and how Baruuk's Augment makes it match the damage type the target is weakest to automatically. The main thing letting us turn it into a slash bow similar to the Dread. Instead of using the elements like how the exalted melees have, it would have the options for the base damage types.