Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gyre needs help.

AFrozenSoul

TLDR-- Cathode Grace/Current's limitations feel unreasonably punishing at best, and buggy to the point of unplayable at worst.

When she works, she's incredible.

But for reasons I can't figure out, Cathode Grace (and as a result its augment, Cathode Current) is extremely inconsistent in increasing its duration on kills.

Sometimes it's no problem at all! Spending the entire mission maxing it out, turning half the enemies on the map into crispy critters the moment the one schmuck with the initiative to be at the head of the pack touches an Arcsphere.

But sometimes.

No matter how much I am laying waste to the enemy swarms, getting 60% or more damage dealt, more kills than the rest of the squad combined (because gasp, yes, I DO understand how the ability works, kindly keep your condescending nonsense to yourself)...

It utterly

Just

REFUSES

To give me more than 20 seconds of breathing room, at best, or just refuses to give me anything at all and shoves itself onto cooldown.

And additionally, why does it only give you an eight-second window to start with, even at max rank, and a 60-second cooldown if you can't appease its capricious whims? Who thought that was good design?

It's maddening, and I don't understand why.

I don't really have any illusions that anyone's going to care about this complaint, let alone DE.

But hey... a Tenno can dream, right?

Edited by AFrozenSoul

This post is kinda misleading. While I do agree with your points, gyre is a very strong Warframe right now. I've been using her for most of the new content and she absolutely demolishes everything I put her against.

Edited by Mazifet

18 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

This post is kinda misleading. While I do agree with your points, gyre is a very strong Warframe right now. I've been using her for most of the new content and she absolutely demolishes everything I put her against.

Like I said in the original post-- When she works, she's incredible. 

This post is not a complaint  about the best she has to give.

This post is about her sometimes needing an engraved invitation to get going.

4 hours ago, AFrozenSoul said:

And additionally, why does it only give you an eight-second window to start with, even at max rank, and a 60-second cooldown if you can't appease its capricious whims? Who thought that was good design?

I hate this part of her kit.  You're completely at the mercy of an unfriendly elevator, a friendship door, an unseen nully behind a door, etc.  It feels terrible, and it doesn't need to be there.

• Like 1