Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Merged account ended up with two usernames

Vyaldyn

I merged my PC (Vyaldyn) and Switch (SwitchyV) accounts (choosing PC as primary) and now, while I'm playing on the Switch, I still have the SwitchyV username, but on PC, website and forums it is correctly Vyaldyn. Everything else seems to have become the same regardless of platform as intended.

• Like 1

Finally found a post talking about this.

I linked PC, Switch and PS5.

Three different accounts. Made my PC account the main accounts (Switch and PS5 gone).

But somehow, Switch and PS5 kept their in-game names, even though progress is the one from my PC (main account).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. Could we get some official answer on this regard?

18 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hello! I can confirm this is not a bug and is the intended outcome. Regardless of Primary Account, your username will come from the platform you're currently on. This is the case not just for Nintendo Switch, but PlayStation and Xbox as well. 

Great that it's not a bug; I seem to have had a bug-free merge then! With that said, this particular experience is a little confusing and I wish I had only the one alias regardless of platform.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Hello! I can confirm this is not a bug and is the intended outcome. Regardless of Primary Account, your username will come from the platform you're currently on. This is the case not just for Nintendo Switch, but PlayStation and Xbox as well. 

Thank you for confirming it! Although I'm not too sure how this interaction works with clans? Will my friends know who am I if I show up with a different in-game name?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Thank God I linked my Xbox account but was logged into my PC account I chose Xbox as primary account and everything combined correctly but I have 2 usernames and I can log into the Xbox account and have the Xbox username. But I can log into what was my PC account and it has my PC username but all the progress converted to a new unified account that is tied to the email and username of my PC account which was my secondary account. But it's now got all the progress of my Primary Xbox account. And if I run the game from xbox I get user name and am the clan forunder and it shows all my stats and contributions to my clan but I can log into my new Unified account which was my PC account but now has the progress of my primary xbox account and the email associated with the PC account. And it shows my PC username and my stats and still shows all my primary account progress and combined my plat and resources. It seems to work fine playing my new primary xbox account linked with PC account. But on PC my username even tho it shows I'm clan founder it does not show all my contributions to clan. But the unified account works fine and when I hover over my name on clan roster on PC it says my username is linked to Xbox account username. I am glad to hear this is normal. I was worried it was gonna be an issue.

15 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

I am now signed into unified account and my username is different. Instead of  (XBOX)D3AD INS1DE7039  I am very glad to hear this is normal. That k you DECorey

Edited by GenXer81

17 hours ago, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

What about the forum username and posts? I chose my PS account as primary, but the forum forces me to use my PC account.

On 2023-12-19 at 9:26 AM, [DE]CoreyOnline said:

Also, curious I noticed even when I play on xbox now that I have merged my account. I can only trade with other PC players and very few Xbox players only other Xbox players that have done a one-time merge as I have. Do I have to wait until it cross-save is available for everyone before I can trade with every person on any platform? I just figured on xbox I can trade with all xbox players. But since I have a unified account I can only trade with other players with cross-save? Hopefully everyone will be able to trade free across platforms. Because now it seems I am limited to PC or other Xbox and maybe PS and Switch players who have cross-save accounts. 

Edited by GenXer81

• 3 weeks later...
En 19/12/2023 a las 8:26, [DE]CoreyOnline dijo:

Many console people named their "PC" account in random ways because it is not the main one, and we just wanted to test if the game would run for us, and it is annoying that it doesn't let you choose a name from between the 2 accounts for the PC account. and they want to charge you platinum to change it.

• 1 month later...
Le 19/12/2023 à 08:52, Innoroth a dit :

Finally found a post talking about this.

I linked PC, Switch and PS5.

Three different accounts. Made my PC account the main accounts (Switch and PS5 gone).

But somehow, Switch and PS5 kept their in-game names, even though progress is the one from my PC (main account).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intended. Could we get some official answer on this regard?

Yeah, I've found it especially inconvenient for me as I just recently went out of my way to change my would-be alias to what I thought was a more suitable name, only to find I have to do the same thing all over again since my Switch still had that Username. Guess I'm doing some major platinum saving again ┐('~`;)┌

I wish they would provide it as an option to change the name of your secondary account upon merging for free. It would be a lot more considerate of people who already went out of their way to change their names if you ask me. (´-∀-`; )

Edited by Ketsuiro