Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make the damage calculation numbers more obvious

Quantum_rage

so the rewording of the faction mods is a good start, it is now super easy to understand that. it is s multiplier and not just adding to the base damage value, but this needs to be a standard across the board, anything that is adding to base value should be +100% damage
and anything that is a multiplier should be 2X damage
take the letrum for example we have these 2 perks
APMFbQx.png

50% chance to deal +2000% damage on no crit hits? (%1000 on average) 
as far as i can tell this is a multiplicative effect that applies after all your mods?

and +400% for 10 seconds stacking up to 3 times (%1200)
as far as i can tell, this buffs base damage of the weapon. so if you already have %400 something percent base damage to end up with %1600 base damage, and then everything is calculated

the problem is, the only difference between how these things are worded is one has a Damage with only a capital D and the other one is DAMAGE
ah yeah thanks, new payers are really going to know the difference between % Damage and % DAMAGE good one
one is a 20X multiplier (10X adjusted) and the other adds base damage to the weapon so a 12X multiplier BUT only to base damage numbers of the weapon

point being, if your going to have a way to make things obvious to players, do it across the board everywhere, have standard ways of formatting your information boxes to make it easy to players to see what's going on with damage calculation numbers. it's all quite overwhelming and convoluted if you ask me

also just as another small example i know of
KVUd1EA.png

mesas peacemakers have a 4.86X damage multiplier, but this is actually just a +486% damage increase to the base value of her peacemakers, which is additive with mods. it is not a damage multiplier. it is a damage increase. stuff like this annoys me quite allot, when you do the whole X multiplier, when it is a +something% damage increase, absolutely no consistently across the game for mod damage values 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Still waiting for the day when all sources of bonus damage are made additive. Would certainly remove this particular bit of ambiguity.

yeah, i mean i don't mind the complexity of it, i just want it to be more obvious
even with just removing multiplicative damage bonuses all together and having everything be adaptive, still wont really fix the problem because simply put, theirs allot of multiplicative stuff happening under the hood already 

damage X fire rate X multishot X Crit Chance X Crit Damage X Elemental Damage X outside multiplicative damage sources

i know it doesn't work exactly like this its a but more complicated but i think you get the idea. even if you just remove the last leg of the chain, the entire chain still exists, hell some people don't realize that elemental damage bonuses are multiplicative with normal damage etc

Edited by Quantum_rage