The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Skilltree Operator/Warframes/Pets

_SYNTHDEMON_

Would be sweet if the amount of usage on weapons/warframes/companions

would get increased stats reached overtime by usage. Say using a Bo Prime for 12 hours would increase its overal stats by 1% when YOU wield it.

But you'll have to redeem the skillpoints you earned and invest them in a singular skillset point of the weapon: speed, dmg, status, etc.

Would be sweet to have some additional system you can earn points with (feels more rewarding that way, and another way to customize extra stats as well)

Imo it would be good and more rewarding for those that grind a LOT compared to some that just started their journey to get perma buffs on their frames as well overtime,

with an additional 'volume switch' for while in mission, to how much output of their perma-strenght buffs they truely want to use in battle, that they earned overtime. Permanent strength buffs would go on top of the already installed mods.

~Give me your thoughts on this~

Edited by _SYNTHDEMON_
additional idea implemented

What. No.

I’ve always hated how games level me out of the fight just by playing; choosing to build in a certain way is one thing, the game doing it for me is another. I want to keep fighting, game, how about you not take that away from me by not messing with my stats until everything is boring mush just by playing?

edit: I hesitated doing things like progressing through some of Duviri’s Intrinsics because I was enjoying the fight for what it was which had cascading effects for the whole experience of playing in Duviri, but because it seemed kind of silly to not progress I ended up with a bunch of intrinsics that ended up making the fights boring. And they weren’t something I could just swap for something else if I didn’t feel like playing however it’s forced me to play, unlike mods

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

ok, yeah i do get what you're saying. Came up with this idea additional to the earlier idea's of getting new type of bossevents ( though I didn't mention it obv). What I'm looking for are bosses that will give tremendously better rewards, but also get health that goes up and beyond of what we've seen till now (going towards a type of Zealot) 

With that these bosses would be way bigger and get more combat interaction with our battle tactics. overal stat value of those bosses should be like 20x higher than normal, or even more. DMG cap should be taken away as well, So it will get purpose to get those higher stats. 

BUT indeed it would be a waste to never be able to have the same amount of fun again as you did when you first started just because your hourly xp got in the way. So maybe implement an additional option to turn that additional hour xp on/off.

That might actually be not a bad idea indeed. Should've thought about those that do actually like to get their hands a bit dirtyer on early mobs/bosses as well. Thanks for putting out the message <3

Edited by _SYNTHDEMON_

15 minutes ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

ok, yeah i do get what you're saying. Came up with this idea additional to the earlier idea's of getting new type of bossevents ( though I didn't mention it obv). What I'm looking for are bosses that will give tremendously better rewards, but also get health that goes up and beyond of what we've seen till now (going towards a type of Zealot) 

With that these bosses would be way bigger and get more combat interaction with our battle tactics. overal stat value of those bosses should be like 20x higher than normal, or even more. DMG cap should be taken away as well, So it will get purpose to get those higher stats. 

BUT indeed it would be a waste to never be able to have the same amount of fun again as you did when you first started just because your hourly xp got in the way. So maybe implement an additional option to turn that additional hour xp on/off.

That might actually be not a bad idea indeed. Should've thought about those that do actually like to get their hands a bit dirtyer on early mobs/bosses as well. Thanks for putting out the message <3

I’m… not sure what the thinking is…?

If the player stats don’t go higher, the boss stats wouldn’t need to either; the fight mechanics will still be present so long as the player stats don’t exceed the stat sweet spot that the boss is designed for.

Warframe is already designed with fight mechanics and build variety in mind…? No need to turn off xp gain or anything or go out of my way to keep fighting, the builds being brought and level of content/type of content is the biggest factor

11 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

Would be sweet if the amount of usage on weapons/warframes/companions

would get increased stats reached overtime by usage.

Yeah, going to stop you on this thought.

Two things: First, DE did actually use a Skill Tree system in the closed Beta, and then completely removed it in terms of modding. Second, DE have a specific policy with their permanent buffs (not the temporary ones, like Helminth Invigorations) and that is this one: Any player, using the same Warframe with the exact same modding, will have the exact same effect.

This applies through the Shard system, the Helminth Ability Infusions, all of it. If one player can do something via the systems that DE have implemented, then every other player can do that too. No more, no less.

Temporary buffs, like from the True Master's Font, or from the Invigorations, are fun little timed bonuses. That's it.

There's been a lot of ideas like this for permanent progression with accounts. DE just... don't want them.

• 7 months later...
On 2023-12-20 at 4:17 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yeah, going to stop you on this thought.

Two things: First, DE did actually use a Skill Tree system in the closed Beta, and then completely removed it in terms of modding. Second, DE have a specific policy with their permanent buffs (not the temporary ones, like Helminth Invigorations) and that is this one: Any player, using the same Warframe with the exact same modding, will have the exact same effect.

This applies through the Shard system, the Helminth Ability Infusions, all of it. If one player can do something via the systems that DE have implemented, then every other player can do that too. No more, no less.

Temporary buffs, like from the True Master's Font, or from the Invigorations, are fun little timed bonuses. That's it.

There's been a lot of ideas like this for permanent progression with accounts. DE just... don't want them.

Perspectives change overtime. Even if you are willing me to stop for the sake of DE, as I'm reading it out, I simply won't listen to it.

Even if DE had removed it in the past and made modding take place of it, doesn't make me to think DE loses their rights or willingness to add something like it in the future as an additional. 

I won't close my mind to possibilities.

Imo it would be good and more rewarding for those that grind a LOT compared to some that just started their journey to get perma buffs overtime,

with an additional 'volume switch' for while in mission, to how much output of their perma-strenghts they truely want to use in battle, that they earned overtime. 

Imo It would be more fair to not give someone from MR8 that played 230 hours the same strength as someone that grinded his ahh off for 10k hours and grinded their weapons so they reached LR4... 

That is my take on it. I do understand you. But still won't stop me from putting out idea's like this, at all. Thanks for your detailed feedback however for sure ❤️‍🔥

2 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

I won't close my mind to possibilities.

Oh, no, not closing my mind to the possibilities.

I'm suggesting that you look at other possibilities than ones that were already tried and removed from the game.

For example, DE are not against rewarding players for more grind. There is already a big difference between an MR30 and MR8 in terms of access and convenience to the game. From starting Mod Points (I'm LR4 which gives me so many mod points that I actually have bonus ones for Kuva/Tenet weapons when levelling them up, so after four Forma the weapon has a starting 34 Mod points, or 68 with a Catalyst, for the build), to Standing caps, to customisation Loadout Slots... Heck, we even get multiplied login rewards for non-milestone days.

There is a lot to benefit somebody for the grind they put in.

And even in mission, if you run an endless-mode Fissure Mission, you actually get more rewards as you go on, multiplying resources, credits, drop chance, affinity and even giving fresh Relics every 5 rounds.

However.

What DE are against is having their Warframe modding be variable.

Weapon modding? Sure. I can see there being adjustments that would give us something there. That's a possibility, because they gave us random-roll mods back specifically for weapons, since damage is just damage.

Not Warframe modding, because that's a policy that has actually stood the test of 10 years. (I'll re-iterate that, they haven't changed their mind on that for ten entire years, nearly eleven.)

So yeah.

There are possibilities.

You just can't have the specific things that they've already changed out and don't want in the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, no, not closing my mind to the possibilities.

I'm suggesting that you look at other possibilities than ones that were already tried and removed from the game.

For example, DE are not against rewarding players for more grind. There is already a big difference between an MR30 and MR8 in terms of access and convenience to the game. From starting Mod Points (I'm LR4 which gives me so many mod points that I actually have bonus ones for Kuva/Tenet weapons when levelling them up, so after four Forma the weapon has a starting 34 Mod points, or 68 with a Catalyst, for the build), to Standing caps, to customisation Loadout Slots... Heck, we even get multiplied login rewards for non-milestone days.

There is a lot to benefit somebody for the grind they put in.

And even in mission, if you run an endless-mode Fissure Mission, you actually get more rewards as you go on, multiplying resources, credits, drop chance, affinity and even giving fresh Relics every 5 rounds.

However.

What DE are against is having their Warframe modding be variable.

Weapon modding? Sure. I can see there being adjustments that would give us something there. That's a possibility, because they gave us random-roll mods back specifically for weapons, since damage is just damage.

Not Warframe modding, because that's a policy that has actually stood the test of 10 years. (I'll re-iterate that, they haven't changed their mind on that for ten entire years, nearly eleven.)

So yeah.

There are possibilities.

You just can't have the specific things that they've already changed out and don't want in the game.

gotcha, that additional space of idea for adding something towards the mod system they already have actually alligns a little towards a thought I had yesterday while gaming as well. 

Was thinking about maybe adding an addition modslot when Unlocking the Tennokai Artifcat Weapons, So we can equip the weapon type we want to hse there (with unlocking it also unlocking additional Capacity might not be a bad idea either, would also equal more power output on the long run.  But then acquirable through Quest grinding.

Thanks for the clear up! Definitelt brought some clarity to my understanding 💁🏻❤️‍🔥 Thanks for your feedback!