The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could there be a way to make a backup of your account, before interacting with these features ?

(PSN)willitical

So i understand that, DE have said That this cannot be undone, but when you're talking about progress that someone has been working on for years, it makes me a bit nervous. But i really want to switch over to Xbox. And I've heard that some people have messed up there accounts, and i feel bad for them. And im hoping DE can do something for them, That would make everyone feel more comfortable operating this system.

• Like 1

I think DE should make a very detailed video, actually going through the process, and doing all of that different types of operations, so that we could understand it better. As it is quite complex. So once im able to link accounts, I will be making a video, and showing everything I do. Especially just in case something goes wrong.

• Like 3

I just merged my 9 year old PlayStation account with my 6 year old PC and 3 year old Switch accounts and I can assure you the merge/linking was seamless.  You are presented with prompts to select and confirm your Primary account.  Don't worry (i.e. unless you select the wrong account as your primary, in which case, you're SOL).

So far I've only actually seen 1 screen, while watching a video from pupsker, but i didn't see any options as far as merge, link or anything else. That's what id like to see. The entire process, so id know im doing the correct operation.

Perhaps people are trying to merge, but link instead. But as i haven't seen the entire process, i have no idea.

Also i know if you accidentally sell something important, i think DE could actually recover That item if you submit a ticket fast enough. So it seems like they could perhaps recover an account that got overwritten by accident. But im also thinking some of these reports about bricking accounts, could be just trolls, trying to cause chaos. Which really isn't cool. Perhaps they are just wanting DE to come up with a way to recover an account. Who knows, either way an undo button would be really cool, just as a fail safe.

As rude as it sounds, i do believe that a lot of the issues that people are having are because of negligence. While DE have definitely not done the best job in simplifying the process, and a video would most certainly be welcome, the examples of account disasters that i have seen have been caused by people acting before thinking.

A lot of examples of failed merges do just leave me baffled at what the person in question was thinking.

Granted i have not yet merged. So i could end up as one of these "examples" that i referred to. Nevertheless i hope i have done my do diligence and research, resulting in a successful merge.

Edited by (XBOX)Itz2Cat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Itz2Cat said:

As rude as it sounds, i do believe that a lot of the issues that people are having are because of negligence. While DE have definitely not done the best job in simplifying the process, and a video would most certainly be welcome, the examples of account disasters that i have seen have been caused by people acting before thinking.

A lot of examples of failed merges do just leave me baffled at what the person in question was thinking.

My thoughts exactly. But i can't help but to feel bad for them regardless. And i Also have to mention That it looks like, it actually shows before and after stats. So like m27 going to mr0 would be a huge red flag.

Edited by (PSN)willitical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)willitical said:

My thoughts exactly. But i can't help but to feel bad for them regardless. And i Also have to mention That it looks like, it actually shows before and after stats. So like m27 going to mr0 would be a huge red flag.

Look, I understand your sentiment, but I would never have cloned my main account if I KNEW it was going to prevent me from merging

They needed/need to TALK to us, not throw complicated changing FAQs at us.

They blindsided me and it feels gross. Like I was waiting years I guess just to overwrite and delete thousands of hours.