Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linking vs Merging

MouseAioli

Question

So... I tried to go merge my PSN and Xbox accounts, both of which were eligible. I couldn't see another option to merge the two besides making a PC account, and I linked my PSN account to it. Am I just no longer eligible for the merge now? Did I just miss where it said I could merge? This was the only option I saw, and they even said I could merge after making the new PC account. I'm stressing a little bit, if I'm being honest.

4 answers to this question

The instructions are causing some real confusion here, as they direct you to create a PC account if you don't already have one.  Because you can't merge without a PC account for some reason.  But you can't merge (only link) with the PC account they directed you to create because it's too new.  It means merges between two console accounts if you didn't already have a PC account before the cutoff are not possible, only links.  This is going to cause a lot of frustration among those who play on multiple consoles but don't have a PC account, especially when they only realize this fact after making that new account because it's what the instructions told them to do.

The instructions - at least on this page https://www.warframe.com/crossprogression - are not at all clear enough about exactly how the restrictions work, you have to piece it together from multiple sections.

Edit:  Oh wow, I just noticed the section directly saying yep you can totally merge older eligible console accounts, just make a new PC account to do it.  That contradicts the info earlier in the guide and also does not seem to match how it's working right now.  I only have the one account so am just watching this, but wow it looks pretty confusingly presented.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 1

This is what's happening with my friend, exact same - Primary PSN, Secondary XB, PC account created for this specific purpose. PSN-PC link went well, but now it doesn't allow him to choose the PSN as primary to merge with the XBox one, so I advised him to not do anything else and create a support ticket.

Glad to know this is a general issue that'll most likely be fixed.

As for myself, seamless and great merging, since I was merging my primary PSN account with my secondary PC account, so no hitches there. Couldn't ask for a better holiday gift from DE!