Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Username/Alias Changed to Secondary Account (Account Merge)

I'm not sure if this is really a bug or I just missed some information on account merging, but my newly merged account uses the alias I set for my secondary PC account (Waiting4AccMerge) as a placeholder for when I eventually merged. I assumed it would change to the alias of my primary account (DraconianX987), but it chose my PC alias. I've seen 2 other posts about usernames changing based on the platform they were using so idk. When it automatically selected my xbox account as my primary account, I kinda just assumed that everything from that account would take over. It is pretty annoying that my Duviri progress was wiped, but my username didn't change; I can live with doing a days worth of grinding again, but its a real twist of the knife that I need to get 200 plat to change my name too.

Edited by (XBOX)DraconianX987
  • Like 2

• (XBOX)DraconianX987 changed the title to Username/Alias Changed to Secondary Account (Account Merge)
On 2023-12-21 at 5:55 PM, (XBOX)DraconianX987 said:

I'm not sure if this is really a bug or I just missed some information on account merging, but my newly merged account uses the alias I set for my secondary PC account (Waiting4AccMerge) as a placeholder for when I eventually merged. I assumed it would change to the alias of my primary account (DraconianX987), but it chose my PC alias. I've seen 2 other posts about usernames changing based on the platform they were using so idk. When it automatically selected my xbox account as my primary account, I kinda just assumed that everything from that account would take over. It is pretty annoying that my Duviri progress was wiped, but my username didn't change; I can live with doing a days worth of grinding again, but its a real twist of the knife that I need to get 200 plat to change my name too.

People need a bit more info to be helpful.

What account/platform are you playing on right now?

Did you actually proceed with the Xbox as primary acc and merged?

4 minutes ago, SlimReaper2000 said:

Yeah i have same issue, merged my switch account and pc account, made switch primary, and now my pc name is the name that shows when i play on pc and login to the website. When i play on switch though it still shows my switch name however. 

What happens when you try to login on PC with your Switch account?

2 minutes ago, jerryjealously said:

What happens when you try to login on PC with your Switch account?

Well on the website at least when I try to login with switch, it just shows the PC name still (though with my switch MR/plat intact). In game, theres no option to login with switch. On switch there was no login, it just had you always signed in. So when I login on PC, im forced to use the PC account email and password. 

Just now, SlimReaper2000 said:

Well on the website at least when I try to login with switch, it just shows the PC name still (though with my switch MR/plat intact). In game, theres no option to login with switch. On switch there was no login, it just had you always signed in. So when I login on PC, im forced to use the PC account email and password. 

I am certain that you also have an email account for your switch. It's the same for playstation. you just start the app and are logged in because it already linked to your psn email. so use the email that you use as your switch email and the password and try to login with that on the PC.

12 minutes ago, jerryjealously said:

I am certain that you also have an email account for your switch. It's the same for playstation. you just start the app and are logged in because it already linked to your psn email. so use the email that you use as your switch email and the password and try to login with that on the PC.

Just tried that, the switch login info isnt recognized by the website or in game. The PC account info seems to have overwritten the switch login. 

1 minute ago, SlimReaper2000 said:

Just tried that, the switch login info isnt recognized by the website or in game. The PC account info seems to have overwritten the switch login. 

I wouldn't know how to link the Switch to your PC so that you can login with your primary switch acc to a pc. I looked around but there's no information for that and i can't find it on the website either. Is there anything else you might have overlooked at the Account Management section of the website? If you can't find a solution then try to open a ticket and explain in great detail what you did and what you want to have.

On 2023-12-22 at 2:09 PM, jerryjealously said:

Do you keep playing on Xbox or PC?

Yes, sometimes I play on Xbox and PC (Desktop or laptop).
Update, I noticed when play on PC it uses PC Account Alias (Raiyeki), when play on Xbox use Xbox Account Alias (Suiyeki).

I have selected Xbox account as Primary, my expectation is Warframe should use Xbox Account Alias.

Same happened to me. PS player, enabled cross save with PC, set PS as my main account, now says im a PC member and using pc alias. Also can not trade with anyone. 

What I believe happened is that the website applies the account the merger was activated from, and not the account set as primary, in regard to alias setting. This is because I had to update my password on my PC account, and when that was done I set cross save up while I was logged in my pc account, but I did set Playstation as my primary.

6 hours ago, Mazda_RX8_R3 said:

An update to this topic: I am finally able to trade again, and I was able to be invited by friends now (I think I appear online as well, but I need to test more to make sure).

my user name is still my pc name unless I play on Xbox (my primary account is Xbox).

How did you get trading back? I'm plagued by that issue right now?

We're still in testing phases despite the rollout. What it looks like is the accounts you merge keep their names on the specific platform. If you had to create a pc account, hopefully you could have the normal account name like your primary. The old names for each merged account is probably for stability when you jump between platforms. I would not be surprised later on they will allow a fix to your account will retain the primary account name and only that one.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xarethiusdrake said:

We're still in testing phases despite the rollout. What it looks like is the accounts you merge keep their names on the specific platform. If you had to create a pc account, hopefully you could have the normal account name like your primary. The old names for each merged account is probably for stability when you jump between platforms. I would not be surprised later on they will allow a fix to your account will retain the primary account name and only that one.

That would be great. I hope they do that. Just want the primary account name (PC in my case) on every platform. 

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Adams Eden said:

Same for me, made a PC account merged with Xbox as primary now has PC name and I only play on Xbox 

That’s strange since it’s different from my experience. In my case, PC (primary), Switch, and Xbox were all merged. The merge was successful but every “account” keeps the individual name it had before the merge. No name change on any account. So sort of like 3 accounts with different names on different platforms but they all stay in sync now. 

Same with me. Merged a PC account into a PS4 account (PS4 as Primary), and my name in game is that of my PC account, although the merge was successful.

Another issue though is that my forums account is still my PSN name WiFi_Homicide. So when I went to verify my warframe.market account, I logged into warframe.com which is now my PC name "WiFi__" then clicked forums to send the market bot a message to verify the account but my forums account is my PSN name so it verified my PSN name instead of the one I'm using. When I listed an item for sale it listed it as a PSN item so I can't sell anything. Sorry if that was hard to understand...lol.

On 2023-12-27 at 1:24 AM, (PSN)WiFi_HoMiCiDe said:

Same with me. Merged a PC account into a PS4 account (PS4 as Primary), and my name in game is that of my PC account, although the merge was successful.

Another issue though is that my forums account is still my PSN name WiFi_Homicide. So when I went to verify my warframe.market account, I logged into warframe.com which is now my PC name "WiFi__" then clicked forums to send the market bot a message to verify the account but my forums account is my PSN name so it verified my PSN name instead of the one I'm using. When I listed an item for sale it listed it as a PSN item so I can't sell anything. Sorry if that was hard to understand...lol.

Yeah same thing happened to me. I have set a message under my profile showing my psn username on warframe market so people can message me but people barely check profile. Selling is very hit or miss now for me. Rip.

They probably kept the original names since resolving this might be difficult. If you had two different people on different platforms (which were separate but aren’t now) having the same username, how would you resolve this? They probably can by adding numbers to people’s username (possibly “hidden” like Xbox and others are doing). Let’s see. It’s a minor annoyance for me. 

I want to say again that DE doing this account merge, in the first place, is incredibly kind and shows that they respect and listen to their users.