Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Unable to Link Nintendo Switch Account

17 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

If all of you having this problem do not have the cloud save from Nintendo, then it’s pretty clear. 

I'm having the exact same problems but I do have the online subscription with cloud saving and all. Tried every fix I could find or think of and nothing seems to be working. Don't know if anyone has mentioned it in this thread cause I've been through so many today I can't keep them straight but there used to be a web authentication button that was the solve for a pretty identical issue but it was taken out in one of the recent updates.

• Like 1

Just now, Tennovyre said:

I'm having the exact same problems but I do have the online subscription with cloud saving and all. Tried every fix I could find or think of and nothing seems to be working. Don't know if anyone has mentioned it in this thread cause I've been through so many today I can't keep them straight but there used to be a web authentication button that was the solve for a pretty identical issue but it was taken out in one of the recent updates.

Yes I saw that but I never ran into that. My switch account was kind of dormant for years. I did log in and update everything on the switch before attempting.

I would double check that the switch is uploading your data. You can see it in the status menu for the game. It’s possible that you have a completely different problem too. 

14 minutes ago, Tennovyre said:

Yea basically this... without that button to auth web access we are sol. Seems like its been a thing for years and they just removed it with a recent hotfix? ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tennovyre said:

Big ups for being the variable in this. Can confirm that whole web authentication thing that has both been mentioned a bunch, and is gone for some weird reason.  Can't even access the Account Management in-game because Warframe's website throws a fit when it gets anywhere near the login credentials.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tennovyre said:

It looks like they've added this as a known problem to the "Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status" thread and it's currently being investigated. Guess we'll all give it another try in the new year 🤷‍♂️ 

Honestly, I think that closes the book. We're less than 10 minutes out from closing time and with things still being looked into, it won't matter much either way. Thanks for the effort in troubleshooting everyone. Happy christmast, merry holi day, and may your gifts never need grace the Walmart Returns Department.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tennovyre said:

It looks like they've added this as a known problem to the "Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status" thread and it's currently being investigated. Guess we'll all give it another try in the new year 🤷‍♂️ 

Trying to find that? Can you give a link?

1 minute ago, Gerlon. said:

Trying to find that? Can you give a link?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374265-cross-platform-save-rollout-information-status/

it's near the bottom of the original post just above the links to the FAQ and other info, but here's a good ol copy/paste too:

KNOWN ISSUES

• Some platform exclusive skins may be accessible on alternate platforms. This is unintended, limited, and they will not be accessible following the next cert update.
  • SWITCH: some players attempting to log into warframe.com with a Nintendo account may be directed to use Web Authentication button within Warframe on Nintendo Switch. The Web Authentication function is not working as intended, and is being investigated.
  • Like 1

Just now, Tennovyre said:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1374265-cross-platform-save-rollout-information-status/

it's near the bottom of the original post just above the links to the FAQ and other info, but here's a good ol copy/paste too:

KNOWN ISSUES

• Some platform exclusive skins may be accessible on alternate platforms. This is unintended, limited, and they will not be accessible following the next cert update.
  • SWITCH: some players attempting to log into warframe.com with a Nintendo account may be directed to use Web Authentication button within Warframe on Nintendo Switch. The Web Authentication function is not working as intended, and is being investigated.

That’s pretty clear! Thanks. Glad to hear that cloud save shouldn’t be needed. 

8 minutes ago, Spike_Rose said:

Honestly, I think that closes the book. We're less than 10 minutes out from closing time and with things still being looked into, it won't matter much either way. Thanks for the effort in troubleshooting everyone. Happy christmast, merry holi day, and may your gifts never need grace the Walmart Returns Department.

Thank you. Happy Holidays and all to you too. Sucks that you can’t enjoy cross save and play over the break but hopefully it’s an easy fix in new year! :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tennovyre said:

KNOWN ISSUES

That first one is hilariously stupid and shows the only reason they're inaccessible is to due to some technical/legal BS. You can carry over all your things, except the things you probably want to carry over the most.

I have this same issue. Tried everything I could think of. Can play Warframe on the switch just fine with my Nintendo account. Can login to Nintendo.com with said account and get the same error when trying to link. I was able to link my Xbox account to the new pc account I had to create. Also I had to enable MFA on the pc account and Microsoft account. Without it I wasn’t able to trade. And now I can’t trade with people that are not cross save enabled which prevents me from trading with my clan mates I’ve played with on Xbox for years…. Not happy about that and has made a few people pretty upset. 

I have the cloud save with nintendo and am running into the same exact issue if this helps anyone. So it probably isn't that. I saw earlier it may have something to do with the web authentication button on the switch account not working properly so it was removed recently in a hot fix not long ago. ? Not sure. I was thinking that maybe it could have something to do with the email that is associated with my switch account is the same as my warframe pc account. Perhaps there is an issue with distinguishing them from one another if they are the same? I don't know tbh just throwing ideas out.

Edited by Leadloki